Visit site
✟604,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is this thing called the 8th amendment. Moreover, prison is SUPPOSED to be about rehab classes and school would be hard to hold in the middle of nowhere considering that modern convinctions are needed for some of them.

Rehab won't keep the private prison system going. They don't want rehabilitation.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How is he going to find all of those people?

He's not. Real Americans will be asked to register. Real Americans might even get a mirco-chip so they can buy and sell and make sure only REAL Americans get jobs and benefits. Only illegals and people who hate America would refuse to be lo-jacked. If you don't have anything to hide or fear, you'll come forward and prove you are a real American.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The world will be "fallen"
until people actually do something to change it
No, actually the Bible says the world has been fallen since Eve ate the apple and will stay so until Jesus returns.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rehab won't keep the private prison system going. They don't want rehabilitation.
That is one of many reasons that private prisons need to cease.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
He's not. Real Americans will be asked to register. Real Americans might even get a mirco-chip so they can buy and sell and make sure only REAL Americans get jobs and benefits. Only illegals and people who hate America would refuse to be lo-jacked. If you don't have anything to hide or fear, you'll come forward and prove you are a real American.
I am not so sure that people would do that. Are you claiming he is the anti-Christ this is meant as an honest question.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
This is kind of scary, tbh. There's thousands and thousands of unenforced or poorly enforced laws. Does this mean were converting to a police state or is he just simply trying to bolster the morale of the department?

Furthermore is disagreeing with the new administration against the spirit of enforcing the law? Hooo boy.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is kind of scary, tbh. There's thousands and thousands of unenforced or poorly enforced laws. Does this mean were converting to a police state or is he just simply trying to bolster the morale of the department?

Furthermore is disagreeing with the new administration against the spirit of enforcing the law? Hooo boy.
There are certain laws that are no longer enforced. Those laws are small things. When I read them I am seeing it to mean major things such as violence,

Upvote 0

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
There are certain laws that are no longer enforced. Those laws are small things. When I read them I am seeing it to mean major things such as violence,

Okay but then, what does it actually mean? If you commit a violent crime and are caught you are arrested and charged and go through the criminal justice system. It worked like that before, what is different now that inspires him to make that comment?

If he's talking about places that have lots of violence problems like Chicago, Baltimore or Detroit he should also consider the factors that lead to such things such as poverty and lack of education.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay but then, what does it actually mean? If you commit a violent crime and are caught you are arrested and charged and go through the criminal justice system. It worked like that before, what is different now that inspires him to make that comment?

If he's talking about places that have lots of violence problems like Chicago, Baltimore or Detroit he should also consider the factors that lead to such things such as poverty and lack of education.
Today it is about getting to the point that law enforcement is scared to do their jobs, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Today it is about getting to the point that law enforcement is scared to do their jobs, though.

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of sympathy for that, though. Law enforcement has the power to do what they want in practice. Incidents blow up on social media because there's no real recourse on actual abuses of power. I understand some incidents have been discredited but since there's no other way to hold law enforcement accountable I don't see the social media climate changing soon.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am not so sure that people would do that. Are you claiming he is the anti-Christ this is meant as an honest question.

No, I don't think he is the anti-Christ. I do think the rhetoric from him and his supporters, (Muslim registry etc) can lead to several of the things Christians have feared and warned us about for decades. I think God has a sense of humor, and when Christians stand behind and support a man who is the textbook example of everything a Christian should shun, to have him usher in everything that they've said we need to resist, after demonizing the previous President who often displayed compassion and "good fruit" would be the ultimate irony.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

I think everyone is mostly concerned with social violence and anarchy in the streets. Upholding laws that are in line with common decency is not a police state. Not doing it is what should be scary.

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Trust is the problem with our law enforcement system.

If people could be convinced that bad actors would be punished within the police force there would be little reason to hound them on social media.

The problem is not "enforcing the rule of law" or not, but how fairly and judiciously this is done.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm afraid I don't have a lot of sympathy for that, though. Law enforcement has the power to do what they want in practice. Incidents blow up on social media because there's no real recourse on actual abuses of power. I understand some incidents have been discredited but since there's no other way to hold law enforcement accountable I don't see the social media climate changing soon.

Things are going to get worse if the GOP is unopposed. There are lawmakers wanting protesters to pay for police overtime:
WATCH: Minnesota protesters erupt after Republicans pass bill to charge demonstrators for police overtime costs

Which means rights would only be guaranteed for the wealthy who could afford them, if this passes in that state. The GOP is trying to criminalize freedom of speech & the right to protest and the average white American who is tired of hearing that black lives matter, who understands who this bill is meant to target, will in turn lessen their own rights should they in the future have something they want to protest.

There is another state that wants to make resisting arrest a hate crime against police officers. A HATE CRIME. In some places wiggling your hands in handcuffs is considered resisting arrest. Brown and black people are being used to strip rights away from Americans as a whole, and since so many dislike these people they are either blind to the action, don't think it will come back to haunt them, or realize and don't care because of the temporary high of a perceived win.

There are states with much higher homicide rates than Chicago, but Chicago is synonymous with Obama in their minds. Precedents are being set all over the place that will be used to curtail the rights of everyone, and folks are too blind to see it.

Edit: I forgot the one I was coming here to post:

North Carolina Republican proposes legislation that would ban people from yelling at lawmakers

(There is an auto play video on that page, I hate autoplay)

The irony of this is that the GOP and the tea party is what set us on the path of uncivil discourse, encouraging people to go to town halls and interrupt to disrupt. Now they don't want to be the targets of the beast they've created.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoness

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
I think everyone is mostly concerned with social violence and anarchy in the streets. Upholding laws that are in line with common decency is not a police state. Not doing it is what should be scary.

What do you mean by social violence?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump: ‘We are going to restore the rule of law’

“This is a law enforcement agency. But for too long your officers and agents haven’t been allowed to properly do their jobs. But that’s all about to change,” Trump told DHS officials. “From here on out, I’m asking all of you to enforce the laws of the United States of America.”
That's going to come back and bite him in the butt.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How is he going to find all of those people?
Sadly, If he could. I think he will raid as many places as possible. An deport all the good ones. The bad ones just come back.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0