West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Prager U is your source? You have to be kidding - you are making this far too easy.

Do you realize that in August 2018, PragerU criticized YouTube for adding fact-checks to YouTube videos which cover climate change.

This is basically an admission that they are lying.
I know that. They were not saying you tube fact checks should not happen, they were put on restricted mode. You tube was actually making prager U video's restricted. And that was unconstitutional. So you tube put fact checks on it. Which is fine, but prager you simply has to re fact check the fact check. Did you know that there was a new site I am not sure if it was by snopes or not, but it was fact checking snopes. The process is endless. But because something is fact checked does not mean the latest rebuttal is correct. It just means that they had the last statement on the air. Wait for a comment from the other party before seeing what was right. Besides I watch both prager U vidoes' one was from a philosopher who utterly destroyed the 97% consensus myth, and the other was a climatologist who disagreed with "global warming alarmism>" but didn't disagree with global warming. So the point is global warming is a proven fact, but it's litterally 1.8%. And Co2 is 5% of that 1.8%. So that is minimal, that is why people are saying not to be alarmed by warming. Besides it's nearly impossible to prove that it's the .05% of Co2 in the atmosphere causing the 1.8% warming, over the 75% water vapor in the atmosphere. It's all just about funding environomental policy not about facts.

Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟158,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
We do not know that at all. The amount of carbon dioxide is statistically insignificant in our atmosphere.
You really need to look up what "statistically insignificant" means . Hint: it doesn't mean it is a small number.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You really need to look up what "statistically insignificant" means . Hint: it doesn't mean it is a small number.
it's nearly impossible to prove that it's the .05% of Co2 in the atmosphere causing the 1.8% warming, over the 75% water vapor in the atmosphere. It's all just about funding environomental policy not about facts.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you want to learn why carbon dioxide is a powerfull greenhouse gas even though it is only a (relatively) small part of the athmosphere, or do you prefer to not know it?

It's not just a small part of the atmosphere, it is so small as to be statistically insignificant. And it isn't a powerful green house gas even if it were a significant part of the atmosphere. In experiments, an atmosphere of 100% C02 does not increase the temperature of a heated enclosure by more than 4 degrees celsius. Yet scientists want to claim that the difference between .039% percent and .040% percent could raise the temperature of the entire atmosphere by 1 degree Celsius. That math is impossible. It cannot be.

Though this experiment is demonstrative that C02 retains more heat than normal air, the real experiment would be to increase the C02 level of the plain air enclosure at tiny increments to see just how much of an increase would cause the first significant sign of temperature increase.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

In terms of percentages it sure does. If a thing is so small that it has no possibility of affecting the outcome, it is statistically insignificant.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
it's nearly impossible to prove that it's the .05% of Co2 in the atmosphere causing the 1.8% warming, over the 75% water vapor in the atmosphere.
Seriously, are you making this up?

What qualifications do you have to render such a judgement?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another tidbit about Prager U: Much of the early funding for PragerU came from hydraulic fracturing billionaires Dan and Farris Wilks.

By appealing to PragerU as a source, it is hard to believe you are not intentionally ridiculing your own position.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
4238B92C-2F8A-4316-8BCF-73CFACF15207.jpeg
This is from Wikipedia which in turn got, at least, that first chart from NASA. This is measured temperature changes . ( I don’t have a problem with NASA . I do have a problem with ignorant politicians abusing scientists who work at NASA because they do their work of trying to understand the universe instead of kowtowing to political pandering )

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Seriously, are you making this up?

What qualifications do you have to render such a judgement?
the other poster just made a perfect test that would need to be done. But for one, lets just take this logically. Do you know how much water vapor is in the atmosphere? No? They don't either. They can guess. But at this point is that proving something? Is that now a factual thing? Now that is not the difficult part. Now go up into the atmosphere with you Co2 collector, fly around in your helecopter, and collect a large enough sample to "prove" the amount of Co2 in the atmosphere. Ok.....need I go on? I am not saying it can't be done....well...yes I am saying it can't be done. period. They cannot prove climate change, I agree that it exists, but it's not a proven fact. And history proves that it's only 1.8% so there is that. No need for alarming. Besides that was for the last 200 years, only a quarter of that time was where fossil fuels came into play. So again if you can go in your time machine to the first car, and put out a thermometer, and go up in your helecopter and take your Co2 sample, make sure you fly over africa, and the hole in the ozone layer, and all that. Then get back to us, if you can't then it's not proven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another tidbit about Prager U: Much of the early funding for PragerU came from hydraulic fracturing billionaires Dan and Farris Wilks.

By appealing to PragerU as a source, it is hard to believe you are not intentionally ridiculing your own position.
if you are talking about fracking. I don't have a problem with it. Sure some cities have questionable water sources. But if you ask the residents of that city if they would rather have a job in the oil industry and make 100 grand a year and use bottled water, they would be fine with it. Fracking is keeping the economy afloat right now, if a far left politician gained the white house, they could outlaw fracking, crippling 40% of US oil exports, crashing the economy or worse, the dollar itself. Unless you have gold bars in your basement, your in for a bumpy ride. Lastly there are studies done that say that fracking is done below the water table anyway, so it's questionable that it would pollute the water table. IT's all in the moral case for fossil fuels if you want the citations. The video was posted in this thread, or you can just do a youtube search, watch the newer one.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,465.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Well at least you have admitted it has an atmosphere now.

In spite of the fact that it is farther from the sun, it still warmed at the same rate as earth. And this with an atmosphere that is 94% carbon dioxide. By comparing the two we can see that a planet with an atmosphere almost totally comprised of a so called greenhouse gas did not warm at a higher rate than earth, though it did warm. If carbon dioxide was a factor in warming, mars would have burned up before our eyes. The earth has just .040% carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. that's less than one half of one tenth of a percent of the total atmosphere and that amount represents a one hundredth of a percent increase in recent history of the total amount of our atmosphere. Had this truly had the effect that is claimed, mars would have been a fireball given the amount of C02 in its atnosphere. C02 has absolutely nothing to do with the earth's temperature. There isn't enough of it to cause a temperature increase.
Wow, your commitment to deliberately and knowingly breaking the 9th commandment is truly embarrassing.

Co2 is a greenhouse gas that like methane and other greenhouse gases has a role in the temperature of the world. This is a fact , deliberately and knowingly lying about it does not change it.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,141,465.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
if you are talking about fracking. I don't have a problem with it. Sure some cities have questionable water sources. But if you ask the residents of that city if they would rather have a job in the oil industry and make 100 grand a year and use bottled water, they would be fine with it. Fracking is keeping the economy afloat right now, if a far left politician gained the white house, they could outlaw fracking, crippling 40% of US oil exports, crashing the economy or worse, the dollar itself. Unless you have gold bars in your basement, your in for a bumpy ride. Lastly there are studies done that say that fracking is done below the water table anyway, so it's questionable that it would pollute the water table. IT's all in the moral case for fossil fuels if you want the citations. The video was posted in this thread, or you can just do a youtube search, watch the newer one.

Wow! So long as I can drive poison the water out of my tap!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟248,004.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow, your commitment to deliberately and knowingly breaking the 9th commandment is truly embarrassing.

Co2 is a greenhouse gas that like methane and other greenhouse gases has a role in the temperature of the world. This is a fact , deliberately and knowingly lying about it does not change it.
Good - there is lying going on here and it needs to be called out. Well done.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

can you prove this? Do you know how much Co2 is in the air, and what percentage of Co2 to water vapor ratio causes "runaway warming?" I will wait while you do your google scholar search and quote all your peer reviews. But anyway, I am done with this thread. I can see people are a little heated, so I am done. But anyway, Trump sold out his party, basically and we should hold him accountable. (I have said my two cents)

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow! So long as I can drive poison the water out of my tap!
you are making alot of unproven positive statments....."poison." "poison in your water." Those are two right there, but anyway I know you won't prove it. But I admire your passion, I think I am done with this thread, I will let the other guy finish up here. Take care.

Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟158,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
In terms of percentages it sure does. If a thing is so small that it has no possibility of affecting the outcome, it is statistically insignificant.
. Nope. If you say the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere is statistically insignificant, scientifically it means you can't tell wether there's any there at all. That's simply wrong. If you don't know what the words you are spouting even mean, you tend to look like a buffoon.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
so conspiracy theories and a misunderstanding of human sexuality to distract ....gotcha.

Lol, "misunderstanding". I’ve got thousands of years of solid wisdom from God backing me up on that one.

I’ll let the millennia speak against the minutes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.