Status
Not open for further replies.

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,303.00
Faith
Pentecostal
The president signed a bill acknowledging climate change. Good for him. As the climate changes we will need to develope programs and things to deal with it. I've been saying this for a long time. We can't change it. It's inevitable because the climate always changes. And we as humans have to adjust to it. Instead of wringing our hands and trying to create drastic changes in order to stop it, we should be working towards finding ways to deal with it.

https://www.architectmagazine.com/p...dges-the-negative-effects-of-climate-change_o

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,492.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The president signed a bill acknowledging climate change. Good for him. As the climate changes we will need to develope programs and things to deal with it. I've been saying this for a long time. We can't change it. It's inevitable because the climate always changes. And we as humans have to adjust to it. Instead of wringing our hands and trying to create drastic changes in order to stop it, we should be working towards finding ways to deal with it.

https://www.architectmagazine.com/p...dges-the-negative-effects-of-climate-change_o
Except we can change the climate that us an irrefutable fact. And if your actions are destroying your means to survive, you stop unless your suicidal.

What does the bible say about suicide?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Trump signs global warming regulations for military. This is sad. I don't agree with much of what Trump believes, but I am a conservative. I am surprised by this move, I do know his children have an affect on his views. They changed his views from being against homosexual marriage, to endorsing it for example. So not sure if this was the case here. But I don't think that we have enough evidence for global warming. Over all the climate has warmed by roughly one or two degrees is all. And 75% of green house gas is water vapor. The c02 in the atmosphere is like less than 5% of total green house gas. So lets look at the figure, 5% of 1 or 2% (.05%) of warmth over the last few hundred years, is man made. Not a big deal. I think this is probably the biggest fraud in america right now other than evolution. (That is just my two cents). I do love recycling and using renewable energy and sustainable food sources, I just don't know exactly how much man is affecting global temperatures.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,432.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Except we can change the climate that us an irrefutable fact. And if your actions are destroying your means to survive, you stop unless your suicidal.

What does the bible say about suicide?
Not much, actually.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
When you have a system that has achieved near perfect balance it doesn't take much to change it. A single massive volcanic eruption can do that. The so-called “Year Without a Summer”—1816—belongs to a three-year period of severe climate deterioration of global scope caused by the eruption of Mt. Tambora in Indonesia in April, 1815. We presently dump more garbage into the atmosphere each year than a massive volcano but we are doing it gradually rather than all at once.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

By definition, if the climate changes regardless of what humans do, then there is nothing to deal with. Carbon makes up less than on one hundredth of one percent of the atmosphere and that is even after we've pumped carbon into the atmosphere through industrial means and there is a marked increase by volume.

The amount of carbon in the atmosphere is statistically insignificant by all scientific standards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
When you have a system that has achieved near perfect balance it doesn't take much to change it. A single massive volcanic eruption can do that. The so-called “Year Without a Summer”—1816—belongs to a three-year period of severe climate deterioration of global scope caused by the eruption of Mt. Tambora in Indonesia in April, 1815. We presently dump more garbage into the atmosphere each year than a massive volcano but we are doing it gradually rather than all at once.

And it still has not increased overall carbon levels to anything reaching statistical significance. Volume levels perhaps. The climate changes as a result of volcanoes are not necessarily global and are not due to carbon but to the blocking of the sun's rays.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump signs global warming regulations for military. This is sad. I don't agree with much of what Trump believes, but I am a conservative. I am surprised by this move, I do know his children have an affect on his views. They changed his views from being against homosexual marriage, to endorsing it for example. So not sure if this was the case here. But I don't think that we have enough evidence for global warming. Over all the climate has warmed by roughly one or two degrees is all. And 75% of green house gas is water vapor. The c02 in the atmosphere is like less than 5% of total green house gas. So lets look at the figure, 5% of 1 or 2% (.05%) of warmth over the last few hundred years, is man made. Not a big deal. I think this is probably the biggest fraud in america right now other than evolution. (That is just my two cents). I do love recycling and using renewable energy and sustainable food sources, I just don't know exactly how much man is affecting global temperatures.
im a bit of a plant fiend and over the last 50 years I’ve watched New York weather become like North Carolina’s used to be . We grow crepe myrtle easily here now!!!!! The blue lichen that’s all over the trees in the Carolinas is all over the trees here now . It was too cold here when I was a kid and I loved seeing those blue lichen covered trees when I went south which is why I noticed it. Species that were unable to tolerate the cold then, grow here now. It’s not just the weather! And it’s not just these 2 species

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

And your Phd in climate science is from.......?

the problem is the phd's in climate science are not all on board with climate change, right now they are half and half. it's just the more vocal half are the ones the media happens to like. But again I am open to peer reviews. However as I said, do your own research the globe has warmed 1% in the last hundred years since coal and cars. And Co2 is only 5% of that. so your looking at .05% man made global warming. No phd needed, just some mathmatical skills.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
im a bit of a plant fiend and over the last 50 years I’ve watched New York weather become like North Carolina’s used to be . We grow crepe myrtle easily here now!!!!! The blue lichen that’s all over the trees in the Carolinas is all over the trees here now . It was too cold here when I was a kid and I loved seeing those blue lichen covered trees when I went south which is why I noticed it. Species that were unable to tolerate the cold then, grow here now. It’s not just the weather! And it’s not just these 2 species
again global warming only attributes to a 1 or 2% increase. That is not much. And only five percent of that is man made, 75% is just water evaporating from the oceans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don’t believe you, citation needed.
sir I can provide citations from half dozen sources, but the OP signifies that man made global warming is real, so isn't this sort of shifting the burden of proof a bit?

but anyway this video may be of help:

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,235.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
upload_2020-1-17_13-44-10.png

• Haha
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
sir I can provide citations from half dozen sources, but the OP signifies that man made global warming is real, so isn't this sort of shifting the burden of proof a bit?
No. Whether man-made climate change is real or not, you just made an extraordinary and unbelievable claim that 50% of PhD climate scientists don't think so. It's up to you to prove it.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,329.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is astonishing, and profoundly worrying, that people with no qualifications at all believe they know better than the consensus view of thousands of trained experts.

Imagine if some non-doctor here claimed that that gene X is responsible for genetically inherited cases of breast cancer even though all the experts - you know people with medical degrees - say it is gene Y.

We would, rightly, dismiss them as a kook.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.