Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In a historic first, President Trump will be the first sitting U.S. president to attend and address the March for Life in person.

President Donald Trump to Attend March for Life on Friday
The first? After 47 years the first?

I went to ours today. It was +34 degrees out, so incredibly warm. We had standing room only in the cathedral, with my friend the bishop of a neighboring diocese as celebrant. The walk to the capital jammed up the sidewalks the worst I had ever seen. Finally we filled the front of the capitol. The seminarians were crazy. They started singing 'Na na na nah, na na na nah, hey hey-ey, pro-life'. And other antics too.

I've been going to these things since 1982 when I got back in the country after college. They have been going on in my state since 1974. Not every year was possible for me, but most years. Sometimes 30 below, sometimes bitter wind, always a huge crowd considering the climate.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
More than 60 million lives lost, so I commend you for making the march in defense of the vulnerable.
Make it a priority until things change. Take the day off and go. These things are actually all over the country for those who can't go to the big one in Washington DC. Drop in on your legislators too. We need this to continue to grow. We're winning bit by bit. What was very heartening was that for every old guy like me there ten young adults. We had an order of sisters in habits there and they all looked like they were under 30 years old. Lots of energy.

If you can get to one of the places that are observing it on Friday or Saturday, please go. And go next year, and thereafter.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In a historic first, President Trump will be the first sitting U.S. president to attend and address the March for Life in person.

President Donald Trump to Attend March for Life on Friday
I remember when President Trump's pro-life bona fides were being called into question by, ahem, certain unqualified senators in the 2016 Presidential race.

But I can't think of a Republican President who has done more for the pro-life cause than President Trump. Not one. Yes, including that one. They're all far behind President Trump on this issue, which alone justifies my vote for him.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
More than 60 million lives lost, so I commend you for making the march in defense of the vulnerable.

60 million unique individuals ... perhaps an Einstein or a Newton has been murdered in the ongoing genocide...
Its causes great sorrow to my soul.

• Agree
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0

Hiep

Jan 17, 2020
watertown
✟104,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums