Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I was pointing out that Obama was never a big stickler for patriotic displays. Not at all like Trump has been lately.

That's why him not having his hand over his heart isn't so surprising since he never once grilled anyone or especially not, called them SOBs for failing to show respect to the flag. Had he done that even once, he'd be hypocritical for expecting others to do what he himself would not do.

I wish I could take credit for the names Obama was called all these years but I actually liked the guy.
I guess I got caught up in the intensity and failed to recognize irony. Sorry.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Wait, this doesn't feed your insatiable need to attack him over every petty, dumb thing?

I typically don't. As I said, I don't care about this. I care more that he signed an executive order likely to harm folks. I care that he's threatening the free press and I care that he's attacking Puerto Rico a few weeks after a disaster. This is nothing.

But I do think people should have the pain of being judged by their own standards.

Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,102.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Come on guys, let's be fair. The rules and standards Trump and his followers set for the country don't apply to Trump or his followers because of [excuses to be filled in later].

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I typically don't. As I said, I don't care about this. I care more that he signed an executive order likely to harm folks. I care that he's threatening the free press and I care that he's attacking Puerto Rico a few weeks after a disaster. This is nothing.

But I do think people should have the pain of being judged by their own standards.
Unless you're a liberal, right? It only applies to the other side, not your own. Lord knows if we started making liberals feel the pain of their own standards, they'd beat themselves up for being racists and bigots.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wait, this doesn't feed your insatiable need to attack him over every petty, dumb thing?
Where were you for the last 8 years? Obama was attacked over every petty dumb thing, by Trump himself, often as not. Turn about is fair play. Your contingent did it for 8 years, now it's their turn.

Maybe you guys should have considered the precedent you were setting, huh?

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Come on guys, let's be fair. The rules and standards Trump and his followers set for the country don't apply to Trump or his followers because of [excuses to be filled in later].
I can say the same for you. It's all good unless it's the guy you don't like.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Unless you're a liberal, right? It only applies to the other side, not your own. Lord knows if we started making liberals feel the pain of their own standards, they'd beat themselves up for being racists and bigots.
Again, it's not only liberals pointing out the double standards here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Where were you for the last 8 years? Obama was attacked over every petty dumb thing, by Trump himself, often as not. Turn about is fair play. Your contingent did it for 8 years, now it's their turn.

Maybe you guys should have considered the precedent you were setting, huh?
Obama wasn't attacked ANYWHERE NEAR the level Trump is getting. Obama had a fairly sedentary press who refused to go after him hard. Where was the majority of the press constantly calling him Hitler? I'm not saying Obama didn't get bad press, but he constantly called out Fox News, just like Trump calls out CNN. But, once again, that only matters if you're the other guy.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know, the Left hates America, only people that are scream about disrespect to the flag while disrespecting the flag love the country.

Well, that is the typical ad hominem attack against liberals whenever Trump's foul behavior is pointed out or any of his disingenuous inconsistent arguments are made public and scrutinized.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

I voted for Jill Stein in 2012 because I thought Obama messed up. So.... I don't know what you're on about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Obama wasn't attacked ANYWHERE NEAR the level Trump is getting. Obama had a fairly sedentary press who refused to go after him hard. Where was the majority of the press constantly calling him Hitler? I'm not saying Obama didn't get bad press, but he constantly called out Fox News, just like Trump calls out CNN. But, once again, that only matters if you're the other guy.
I don't know which news you were watching.

Does it occur to you that maybe Trump gets more negative coverage than Obama because, you know, Trump actually does more negative stuff than Obama?

Upvote 0

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
that wasn't the national anthem.

Please answer honestly. You don't need to reply but look into your heart. Imagine if instead of trump this had been some of the football players that have been protesting or Obama or Hilary or anyone else you don't like (and keep in mind none of them have ever attacked someone using their freedom to stand or not to stand.). Would you still think it is not disrespectful?

I fully support the free speech of everyone and if trump had done this as a protest I would applaud his bravery, although I doubt I'd agree with his reasoning for doing so.

I find this disgusting because he is being a big fat hypocrite and he, as commander in chief, is either super ignorant of basic military traditions (but as you pointed out, he went to a huge military school) or he feels his time on TV is more important than standing for a minute for the flag, even though he has repeatedly attacked people for peacefully protesting to make the USA a better country for everyone, by also not standing.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I voted for Jill Stein in 2012 because I thought Obama messed up. So.... I don't know what you're on about.
Oh Lord. You wasted a vote on Jill Stein? And you're in here going on and on about Trump?

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I have nothing more to add to this conversation. You guys are trying to throw onto him rules made ONLY for enrolled and uniformed service members, of which Trump is not. This doesn't apply to him, where if it was the national anthem, then you might have a story. But this is just another blatant attempt to attack the president over something petty. If you disagree, then fine, but stop with the intellectual dishonesty. You guys look too desperate.

Uh,

He was on base. When on base you follow their rules. At least that was the expectation when I've been on base in California and Hawaii.

But perhaps those rules only apply to the peons, not his trumpness.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Again, it's not only liberals pointing out the double standards here.
Nah, dude... You're a liberal now.

You'll be receiving your Birkenstocks, Antifa membership card and some illegal vote ballots in the mail within a few days.

Upvote 0