Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
and the judges score for the weakest deflection ever is:

Low+Score+Judges.jpg

And the award for the least insightful response that was still amazingly insulting goes to....

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the award for the least insightful response that was still amazingly insulting goes to....

I apologize if my in kind response offended you.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Your claim is the federal government does not have the power to set nationwide standards for clean water?

I think in a sense, I get where Legacy is coming from. The feds can set standards, but the states and localities have to enforce them. As a former engineer, the problem is the unfunded mandate, that is, you have to meet our standards, but you have to pay for it out of your pocket. As mentioned Flint had no problems until they switched water supplies to save money due to their financial crisis. No one did their due diligence in checking the Flint River water and comparing that to pipes laid in the early 1900s, made of cast iron which had a high content of lead. If no one did their due diligence at the local level due to a change, not for engineering reasons but for financial ones, how can a state or local government keep up with federal requirements especially financially?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think in a sense, I get where Legacy is coming from. The feds can set standards, but the states and localities have to enforce them. As a former engineer, the problem is the unfunded mandate, that is, you have to meet our standards, but you have to pay for it out of your pocket. As mentioned Flint had no problems until they switched water supplies to save money due to their financial crisis. No one did their due diligence in checking the Flint River water and comparing that to pipes laid in the early 1900s, made of cast iron which had a high content of lead. If no one did their due diligence at the local level due to a change, not for engineering reasons but for financial ones, how can a state or local government keep up with federal requirements especially financially?

I get that as well.
However, when a poster choses to unnecessarily politicize the topic and suggest there is some nefarious scheme for the Federal Government to gain further power over our lives, it's a bit difficult to take that person seriously.

Biden is quickly showing himself to be a puppet of the far left.

Taking his direction from the authors of the green new deal.

It is not about water - water is the excuse that makes giving up power palatable. to some

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I get that as well.
However, when a poster choses to unnecessarily politicize the topic and suggest there is some nefarious scheme for the Federal Government to gain further power over our live, it's a bit difficult to take that person seriously.

Don't you disregard our reptilian NWO Illuminati overlords so easily! :)

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The same as it was nine months ago before the definition changed to meet the radical left's influence on the President and Congress.
Which was...?

My definition of infrastructure hasn't changed in the past twenty years, and I'm hardly "radical left".

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟905,276.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I did NOT say that the Federal Government could not set standards - please go back - re-read my posts and you will see your error quite plainly. You obviously missed this post:

Thank you for the clarification. So your issue is not that they are setting the expectation that the pipes be replaced but that they are telling them how to go about raising the money to do so?

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,110.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Biden is quickly showing himself to be a puppet of the far left.

Taking his direction from the authors of the green new deal.
If safe drinking water is the agenda of the far left, then please give me the far left.
If providing poisened, contaminated water has the signature of the right, then...

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,110.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not until this year when the meaning of infrastructure changed as a catch all for left wish lists.

plumbing and building issues are local and state codes and have NEVER been federally regulated.
The color of the cat doesn't matter, as long as he catches mice.
If the local authority does not act, do you consider the lesser evil the fact that children suffer brain damage, or is the lesser evil that the federal government steps in?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,110.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think my friends on the right needs to join us in 21st century. What it called “infrastructure” 100 years ago has changed in 2021. High speed internet with Fiber optics is part of “infrastructure” today. 5G network is part of “infrastructure” today. Solar Energy and clean energy is “infrastructure” in 2021.

The meaning of “infrastructure” in 2021 changed then what it was last 100 years, and we want you to join us in21 century.
The right advancing a 100 years? They haven't even swallowed 160 years of research in evolution.

• Winner
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However, when a poster choses to unnecessarily politicize the topic and suggest there is some nefarious scheme for the Federal Government to gain further power over our lives, it's a bit difficult to take that person seriously.

When the politcal powers advertise that their plan is to greatly expand the Federal Government oversight (see the New Green Deal), then move in that direction. How does one not point it out? It is NOT a nefarious scheme - just their plans, hopes and dreams.

They absolutely want power over our lives - all governing authorities do to one extent or another.

I am only pointing out that this is a continuation of things they have openly spoken of (do your own research)

Thank you for the clarification. So your issue is not that they are setting the expectation that the pipes be replaced but that they are telling them how to go about raising the money to do so?

I don't know how to express it in terms you can comprehend. I've been very clear in my statements - I apologize, beyond what I have very PLAINLY stated I don't know how to help you.

Please note my recurring posts: Emphasis mine

NEGATIVE:

There is ZERO, no regulations that the Federal Government gets involved in private housing regulations. Cities and States do that - not the Fed's.

plumbing and building issues are local and state codes and have NEVER been federally regulated.

First, the pipes (once again - hoping you will hear it this time), is a LOCAL and STATE issue - not under federal regulation - nor should it ever be.

The want is to expand the federal government control exponentially. There are over 19,000 cities towns in the US - there is no way the Federal Government was ever meant to be large enough to control and regulate building in States and cities.

Six decades of Democratic city leadership. Did NOTHING
I don't understand where your issue is, nor how to help you in your understanding of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The color of the cat doesn't matter, as long as he catches mice.
If the local authority does not act, do you consider the lesser evil the fact that children suffer brain damage, or is the lesser evil that the federal government steps in?

In all deference to your cat and what color you paint it...

Please, the hyper dramatic accusations lie with the City (60 years of Democrats) and State (both parties) actions and/or in actions. The Federal Government cites regulations - if the ones IN CHARGE of the City and State do not care enough to handle the issue they should be voted out and replaced with people who will put dying children first.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I think my friends on the right needs to join us in 21st century. What it called “infrastructure” 100 years ago has changed in 2021. High speed internet with Fiber optics is part of “infrastructure” today. 5G network is part of “infrastructure” today. Solar Energy and clean energy is “infrastructure” in 2021.

The meaning of “infrastructure” in 2021 changed then what it was last 100 years, and we want you to join us in21 century.

Thank you for making my point. The only way they can push all these projects through is by redefining the term.

I guess some people wants to live in the dark ages. You just can’t bring them to modern age. If you want to hold on to the term from 100 years ago please do, but rest of us wants to live in 21st century.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I apologize if my in kind response offended you.

Actually my post was quite germane and on point. If you don't know American history you might learn something!

But I understand if you are unaware of the history of the US that you might think it was somehow a diversion. That's just a sad case of poor education and lack of insight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess some people wants to live in the dark ages. You just can’t bring them to modern age. If you want to hold on to the term from 100 years ago please do, but rest of us wants to live in 21st century.

You missed where I mentioned the definitions I use were from just 9 months ago. Before the Democrats got into power and changed them to fit their agenda -

Actually my post was quite germane and on point. If you don't know American history you might learn something!

But I understand if you are unaware of the history of the US that you might think it was somehow a diversion. That's just a sad case of poor education and lack of insight.

I really do have a hard time with what could possible mimic or resemble an elitist mentality; that believes if there is a dissenting or differing opinion or outlook on a subject, it automatically mean that the person differing must have a lack of knowledge. That is just sad.

My friend, I am no better than you - and you are no better than I. We just have diametrically opposing views. That's not a bad thing and it doesn't make you right and I wrong, nor does it make me right and your wrong - just different.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the politcal powers advertise that their plan is to greatly expand the Federal Government oversight (see the New Green Deal), then move in that direction. How does one not point it out? It is NOT a nefarious scheme - just their plans, hopes and dreams.

From the op's article:

Nationwide, the number of lead and galvanized pipes that need to be replaced is estimated between 8 and 10 million. The Biden proposal calls for spending $45 billion, or roughly $5,000 to replace each lead service line.

It has nothing to do with the "new green deal". You could have simply stated you are opposed to the Federal government spending money to help local governments replace their water systems.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the op's article:

Nationwide, the number of lead and galvanized pipes that need to be replaced is estimated between 8 and 10 million. The Biden proposal calls for spending $45 billion, or roughly $5,000 to replace each lead service line.

It has nothing to do with the "new green deal". You could have simply stated you are opposed to the Federal government spending money to help local governments replace their water systems.

Post #73 Sorry, just tired of repeating the same thing over and over.

Upvote 0

Oneiric1975

Apr 23, 2021
Seattle
✟15,282.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I really do have a hard time with what could possible mimic or resemble an elitist mentality;

But it isn't "elitist" to simply blow off someone's point with a snarky picture? LOL.

Besides, education isn't elite. You could get more. If you have less than I do (a statistical likelihood) that's not me being elite, it's you not pursuing your potential.

that believes if there is a dissenting or differing opinion or outlook on a subject

HEY, you were the one who dismissed my point with a joke picture and snarky comment. Don't forget that.

My friend, I am no better than you - and you are no better than I.

You can always hope! Too bad you decided to take the tack that you were somehow better than me and my point should be dismissed summarily.

We just have diametrically opposing views. That's not a bad thing and it doesn't make you right and I wrong, nor does it make me right and your wrong - just different.

YOU DISMISSED MY POINT OUT OF HAND. Don't make it sound like a disagreement. YOU insulted my post summarily.

Own it. Be a man.

Upvote 0