Yorktown VA
✟176,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Physical infrastructure is so much more than roads and bridges. Rails, public transport, airports, pipes, the electrical grid. Broadband.

A stitch in time...

Agreed, we have not as a country moved beyond 1950s mentality decided what 2020 infrastructure means. We are far more at the mercy of natural and man-made disasters such as the California wildfires, Flint water supply, Colonial Pipeline hack, the Texas winter storm, let alone regional or even national disasters such as hurricanes. My sister living in Cincinnati was without electricity for THREE weeks after the remnants of hurricane Ike pounded the midwest.

The Cincinnati metropolitan area was hit extremely hard, with over 927,000 households losing power in that region (approximately 2.1 million people). A Duke Energy spokesperson said "We have never seen anything like this. Never. We're talking about 90 percent of our customers without power". On September 15, 16 and 17, most of the schools in Hamilton County and Butler County had classes cancelled because of power outages. In Cincinnati, the effects of this storm have become known as The Cincinnati Blackout. A water emergency was also declared in Butler County as the water supply diminished due to the lack of power, and a "Level One" emergency was declared in the county to encourage people to remain at home, although stopping short of a curfew.​

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It isn't, they did their best to sweep the problem under the rug and hide it from the public. That's hardly ignoring.
...which really isn't giving us anything tangible.

But if there are facts that can be presented in support of that theory, don't hesitate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Only if you change the meaning of infrastructure that has been used for the last 100 years or so.

I think my friends on the right needs to join us in 21st century. What it called “infrastructure” 100 years ago has changed in 2021. High speed internet with Fiber optics is part of “infrastructure” today. 5G network is part of “infrastructure” today. Solar Energy and clean energy is “infrastructure” in 2021.

The meaning of “infrastructure” in 2021 changed then what it was last 100 years, and we want you to join us in21 century.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think my friends on the right needs to join us in 21st century. What it called “infrastructure” 100 years ago has changed in 2021. High speed internet with Fiber optics is part of “infrastructure” today. 5G network is part of “infrastructure” today. Solar Energy and clean energy is “infrastructure” in 2021.

I'm getting the feeling that "infrastructure" would include ice cream if yet another alibi were needed as cover for the attempt to hoodwink the American public, which is the issue with this legislation.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not about water - water is the excuse that makes giving up power palatable.

Yea, introducing fluoride to water (60 years ago) was the first step toward complete control!

• Haha
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yea, introducing fluoride to water (60 years ago) was the first step toward complete control!

I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. - General Jack D. Ripper

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

The meaning of “infrastructure” in 2021 changed then what it was last 100 years, and we want you to join us in21 century.

I'm getting the feeling that "infrastructure" would include ice cream if yet another alibi were needed as cover for the attempt to hoodwink the American public, which is the issue with this legislation.

I'm still waiting for somebody to show me where this bill (or plan) has the word "infrastructure" in the name.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,024.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"Give me water that will slowly kill me or give me death" doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Well if scientist can invent new model of refrigeration which reduce the energy consumption during “ice cream” making then it should be part of “ infrastructure” bill. Come join us in 21st century and you will get the point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟489,024.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well if scientist can invent new model of refrigeration which reduce the energy consumption during “ice cream” making then it should be part of “ infrastructure” bill. Come join us in 21st century and you will get the point.
And ice cream.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well if scientist can invent new model of refrigeration which reduce the energy consumption during “ice cream” making then it should be part of “ infrastructure” bill.
I'm sure it would--along with fighting rebels in Nigeria, buying new uniforms for transgender track athletes, and a dozen other programs that have nothing to do with infrastructure. ;)

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure it would--along with fighting rebels in Nigeria, buying new uniforms for transgender track athletes, and a dozen other programs that have nothing to do with infrastructure. ;)

Sitting in 1921 you wouldn’t understand what I am talking about. Join us in 21st century then you will get the point , and I was told you will get ice cream too

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,173,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Give me water that will slowly kill me or give me death" doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?
Do-not-my-friends-become-addicted-to-water.-It-will-take-hold-of-you-and-you-will-resent-its-absence.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,460.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Republicans in the Senate have raised their offer to $928 billion--and the Senate passed a separate bill on fixing the water problems in cities 88-12.

Grateful a pro-life water bill may be passed by both houses separately and for 88-12 Senators who said the buck stops here.

The Infrastructure proposal includes technology infrastructure components.

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,292.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What is your definition of "infrastructure"?

I would support the American Society of Civil Engineers definition of "hard" infrastructure which includes a report on "...16 categories, namely aviation, bridges, dams, drinking water, energy, hazardous waste, inland waterways, levees, parks and recreation, ports, rail, roads, schools, solid waste, transit and wastewater."

Infrastructure - Wikipedia

FYI, in 2017, they gave U.S. infrastructure a grade of D+

See page 101 of this report
https://www.infrastructurereportcar...s/2016/10/2017-Infrastructure-Report-Card.pdf

• Informative
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,643.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It is not about water - water is the excuse that makes giving up power palatable. to some

The want is to expand the federal government control exponentially. There are over 19,000 cities towns in the US - there is no way the Federal Government was ever meant to be large enough to control and regulate building in States and cities.

It is a state and local issue, not a federal government issue.

Your claim is the federal government does not have the power to set nationwide standards for clean water?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Which part of no longer poisoning children with lead do you oppose, specifically?

Please post my words that would lead you to such a strange question, specifically? Did you miss this:

Should we have clean water for our children - absolutely yes. If the current Mayors and Governors cannot get it done - get rid of them and vote people in who can.

Thank you for making my point. The only way they can push all these projects through is by redefining the term.

Bananas are good with cheese and yogurt - that has just as much relevance to what I posted as your comment.

What is your definition of "infrastructure"?

The same as it was nine months ago before the definition changed to meet the radical left's influence on the President and Congress.

Republicans in the Senate have raised their offer to $928 billion--and the Senate passed a separate bill on fixing the water problems in cities 88-12.

Grateful a pro-life water bill may be passed by both houses separately and for 88-12 Senators who said the buck stops here.

The Infrastructure proposal includes technology infrastructure components.

Now if we can get the same people to pass pro life legislation and stop the deaths of 13.5 of every 1,000. I know with your love for children you would 100% support it.

Your claim is the federal government does not have the power to set nationwide standards for clean water?

I did NOT say that the Federal Government could not set standards - please go back - re-read my posts and you will see your error quite plainly. You obviously missed this post:

The Feds: You state and local governments have to get rid of lead pipes, they’re poisoning your citizens!

S&L governments: we don’t have the money!

FEDs: Raise the money from budget costs and bond issues. Your state will be cleaner, healthier and the cost savings will help you in the long run.

It's called personal accountability - a strange concept I know, but it makes Governments accountable to their citizens and helps prevent a Nanny State.

Last edited:
Upvote 0