Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Defunding abortion mills will certainly help save lives. And drive the abortion rate even lower.
Maybe. It could also lead to an unregulated black market for abortion services.

• Agree
Reactions: Gene2memE
Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the anti-abortion crowd was really "pro-life" and supported babies outside the womb as much as they did inside the womb then I'd have a lot more respect for them.

IMO, I've found that the anti-abortion crowd is more concerned with their narcissistic need to demonstrate their innate moral superiority than their desire to prevent abortions.

For example. If you are "truly" anti-abortion then what that should logically mean is that ANY ACTION that lowers the abortion rate should be an action you 100% wholeheartedly support. If I present you with data that giving red M&M's to teenagers at lunchtime lowers the abortion rate by 20% and I propose a measure that provides red M&M's to teenagers you should be supportive of said measure right?

Nope. Not to anti-abortion types. They have their morality and delicate sensibilities and that comes first. Do it their way or else don't do it at all...

So-called "anti-abortion" types routinely and vehemently oppose measures, policies, technologies, etc that scientifically and mathematically lower the abortion rate. They actively oppose giving contraceptive to teenagers, they actively oppose sex education, they actively promote untrue and fear based abstinence only education, they actively push for the defunding and elimination of agencies that have been scientifically proven to REDUCE the number of abortions (i.e. planned parenthood)...

They continue to paint this abortion doom and gloom picture when the reality is that the ABORTION RATE HAS BEEN DECLINING FOR DECADES.

Take this thread, the "What has Obama done to reduce Abortion?" argument actually came up. Really?

abortion-rate-860dae65c913886b0ff6a92d202b86aedc38e9cf.png

If you are truly "anti-abortion" and "pro life" then please stop making this such a divisive issue and let the data be your guide.

Abortion will never be overturned in this country. It just won't happen. If you need to tilt at windmills then I guess I can't stop you.

But if you value decreasing abortions more than your righteous sense of indignation then try working with the LEFT.

How do you work with the LEFT?

Easy... Let the data be your guide. Opinions and morality don't matter. All that matters is reducing the number of abortions. Period. That's it. So stop fighting sex education, stop fighting contraceptive proliferation, stop fighting Plan B pills, stop fighting to defund organizations that are credited with reducing the abortion rate...

The thing is PP has been shown to actually do stuff like downplay how they have done botched abortions and lobby to have further abortion access. They hide behind the 3% figure, but they've actually been pretty much for accessing all trimesters of abortion. If you look in California, it goes beyond just sex-ed and contraceptives.

Also a problem I had with the Obama administration is that it didn't want to compromise with people on their own terms what they thought about contraceptives.

A lot of these things seem to be more correlation than causation. If you look at Ireland which is a country which banned abortion, and it has low maternity rates. So, the thing is banning abortion doesn't always correlate with low maternity rates.

While abortion is thankfully decreasing, New York which has laxer abortion laws has the most.

The Top 5 U.S. States with the Highest Abortion Rates

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If the anti-abortion crowd was really "pro-life" and supported babies outside the womb as much as they did inside the womb then I'd have a lot more respect for them.

IMO, I've found that the anti-abortion crowd is more concerned with their narcissistic need to demonstrate their innate moral superiority than their desire to prevent abortions.

For example. If you are "truly" anti-abortion then what that should logically mean is that ANY ACTION that lowers the abortion rate should be an action you 100% wholeheartedly support. If I present you with data that giving red M&M's to teenagers at lunchtime lowers the abortion rate by 20% and I propose a measure that provides red M&M's to teenagers you should be supportive of said measure right?

Nope. Not to anti-abortion types. They have their morality and delicate sensibilities and that comes first. Do it their way or else don't do it at all...

So-called "anti-abortion" types routinely and vehemently oppose measures, policies, technologies, etc that scientifically and mathematically lower the abortion rate. They actively oppose giving contraceptive to teenagers, they actively oppose sex education, they actively promote untrue and fear based abstinence only education, they actively push for the defunding and elimination of agencies that have been scientifically proven to REDUCE the number of abortions (i.e. planned parenthood)...

They continue to paint this abortion doom and gloom picture when the reality is that the ABORTION RATE HAS BEEN DECLINING FOR DECADES.

Take this thread, the "What has Obama done to reduce Abortion?" argument actually came up. Really?

abortion-rate-860dae65c913886b0ff6a92d202b86aedc38e9cf.png

If you are truly "anti-abortion" and "pro life" then please stop making this such a divisive issue and let the data be your guide.

Abortion will never be overturned in this country. It just won't happen. If you need to tilt at windmills then I guess I can't stop you.

But if you value decreasing abortions more than your righteous sense of indignation then try working with the LEFT.

How do you work with the LEFT?

Easy... Let the data be your guide. Opinions and morality don't matter. All that matters is reducing the number of abortions. Period. That's it. So stop fighting sex education, stop fighting contraceptive proliferation, stop fighting Plan B pills, stop fighting to defund organizations that are credited with reducing the abortion rate...

Former abortionist launches certification program for pro-life women’s healthcare centers

I think it's the fact that a lot of pro-choice keep that perception because a lot of them don't know what pro-lifers do. Also Plan B has been shown to induce abortion. But giving PP credit is really just giving them publicity they don't deserve.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m asking for proof, studies not opinions.

Why did the rate of abortions skyrocket when birth control became more accessible in the 70’s and 80’s.
They went up because the were more available. You may remember that Roe v Wade thingy.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They went up because the were more available. You may remember that Roe v Wade thingy.

That’s correct they were using abortion at the same time as the increase in availability of birth control was rising.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s correct they were using abortion at the same time as the increase in availability of birth control was rising.
...because it was now legal and available. I'm not sure what point you think you're making but repeating it over and over isn't making it any clearer. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :sorry:

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...because it was now legal and available. I'm not sure what point you think you're making but repeating it over and over isn't making it any clearer. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :sorry:

Sometimes being clear doesn’t work.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Two rich men trying to tell me not to abort. Or trying to tell women what to do with their bodies. When they are trying to make BC harder to get. Maybe Trump and Ryan can help the poor have better access to BC. At least, Obama was trying to help poor women have better access to BC. And a lot of poor women were able to get tubes tied, or have access to BC . That was well worth it. Abortions Went down. Trump and Paul Ryan will really cause more abortions and unwanted pregnancies. And most women tend to keep their babies. Even if it means going on Welfare. I'm sure the only people that will listen is the Conservative people thinks every egg is precious. Until the government has to take care or pay for it.

Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two rich men trying to tell me not to abort. Or trying to tell women what to do with their bodies. When they are trying to make BC harder to get. Maybe Trump and Ryan can help the poor have better access to BC. At least, Obama was trying to help poor women have better access to BC. And a lot of poor women were able to get tubes tied, or have access to BC . That was well worth it. Abortions Went down. Trump and Paul Ryan will really cause more abortions and unwanted pregnancies. And most women tend to keep their babies. Even if it means going on Welfare. I'm sure the only people that will listen is the Conservative people thinks every egg is precious. Until the government has to take care or pay for it.
I myself am amazed at how a short trip down the birth canal transforms a "Precious gift from God to our world!!" in to ""a burdensome creature, leeching off the blood and sweat of the American tax payer!!". :eek:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Republican Party has got them trained to listen only to the "abortion bell" when it's time to vote. :wave:

Although the abortion issue is very important to Trump's (Christian supporters) there is so much more to it than that one issue -- so much more.

Wow tulc -- all of the sharing between us here and you still don't even understand who or what a Trump supporter is or what they believe in --amazing!

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although the abortion issue is very important to Trump's (Christian supporters) there is so much more to it than that one issue -- so much more.
True, but when all else fails in trying to find some way to justify what ever latest unjustifiable action President Trump has done or said? Abortion is suddenly "the issue!!" that gets brought up and everyone is suddenly supposed to fall down in shame at not bowing their head when the "abortion bell" is rung. I've seen it used time and time again in things that have no bearing at all on something being discussed. "Hey you know how "X" in the Republican Party tended to date amazingly young girls?" And suddenly the Republicans will answer "Hey! He's "anti-abortion!!" so don't even look at anything else!" and suddenly people start trying to find ways to justify him. :sigh:

Wow tulc -- all of the sharing between us here and you still don't even understand who or what a Trump supporter is or what they believe in --amazing!

M-Bob
I suspect I have a much better grasp of what President Trump supporters believe then they have of what I believe. A few years ago I could have BEEN a Trump supporter, but after I woke up one day and realized just how much damage President Reagan's policies (all while wrapping himself up in the "anti-abortion" mantle) was doing to so many people I was trying desperately to help, I left the Republican Party and haven't ever regretted it...well maybe a little it's a lot harder having to decide things instead of simply looking at a list of "approved anti-abortion" candidates" and simply following the list. :sorry:
tulc(which is one reason he voted for Sec Clinton but never voted for her husband even once) :wave:

Upvote 0

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Yet, I have seen pro-choice people tell other people that they have to support a woman's so-called choice. Obama and Trudeau seem to think that going pro-choice has to have everyone being forced to adhere to their values.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Abortion is suddenly "the issue!!" that gets brought up and everyone is suddenly supposed to fall down in shame at not bowing their head when the "abortion bell" is rung.

Christians should feel some shame in the United States when they think about all the abortions being performed.

True one of my main issues when voting.

M-Bob

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Christians should feel some shame in the United States when they think about all the abortions being performed.

True one of my main issues when voting.

M-Bob

Do you feel the same way about the United States engaging in drone strikes that kill people who's only crime is living in a specific region?

Yes, I'm aware both Obama and Trump are responsible for this.

• Winner
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you feel the same way about the United States engaging in drone strikes that kill people who's only crime is living in a specific region?

Those bother me. I will leave those matters up to our President and Generals. Not sure what God has to say? Are we protecting ourselves?

I will always vote against abortion.

M-Bob

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
God bless all the politicians who spoke at and attended March for Life. I just heard a really good speech by Rep Jaime Herrera Beuiler (R-WA) who shared her own story of how when she was pregnant her daughter was diagnosed with a 0% chance to survive outside the womb and she was urged to abort. That daughter was on the stage with her while she was giving that speech!

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Those bother me. I will leave those matters up to our President and Generals. Not sure what God has to say? Are we protecting ourselves?

I will always vote against abortion.

M-Bob

Abortion is kind of low on my list of things I care about. I tend to believe that trying to abolish abortion is a failed strategy when I believe removing the reasons women seek abortions to be a far better strategy.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yet, I have seen pro-choice people tell other people that they have to support a woman's so-called choice. Obama and Trudeau seem to think that going pro-choice has to have everyone being forced to adhere to their values.
Yawn. If you don't want to have an abortion, don't have one. They are not forcing you, to live by their values. And I never read anything about Obama having his wife getting an abortion. I think it's funny people claim to be pro life. But do everything in their powers to stop welfare, housing , food and insurance after they are born. Trump and Paul Ryan are the biggest joke to me. They want women to be barefoot and pregnant if the family makes good money. They don't care about the poor. They care about the rich.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Rep Jaime Herrera Beuiler (R-WA) who shared her own story of how when she was pregnant
That daughter was on the stage with her while she was giving that speech!

That life is priceless.

I have been to abortion grief couseling. So many there that wish they never would have done it.

For the Born Again one God does forgive but, it seems that Repentance in this case includes being totally against abortion.

Just doing my good works.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yawn. If you don't want to have an abortion, don't have one. They are not forcing you, to live by their values. And I never read anything about Obama having his wife getting an abortion. I think it's funny people claim to be pro life. But do everything in their powers to stop welfare, housing , food and insurance after they are born. Trump and Paul Ryan are the biggest joke to me. They want women to be barefoot and pregnant if the family makes good money. They don't care about the poor. They care about the rich.

Trump is only pandering to his evangelical base. Wait until he's no longer the president and he'll quickly drop this Christian facade he's putting on because a leopard doesn't change its spots.

Upvote 0