Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How many abortions has the Trump administration prevented through his first year? During the eight years of the Obama administration, there was a decline in abortions....i assume that's continued and even accelerated under Trump?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many abortions has the Trump administration prevented through his first year? During the eight years of the Obama administration, there was a decline in abortions....i assume that's continued and even accelerated under Trump?

I look forward to you supporting your position showing exactly what Obama regulations or actions slowed the American Holocaust while he was in office.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe the media isn't counting those because they were by phone? Tho Trump's was a livestream so not too much different. I was under the impression he was the first also.
As far as I can tell the only difference would be the other two could have done theirs while still in their bathrobes because there wasn't a visual element other then that it's not like he was there where the March was held, he was (I think) in the rose garden? :wave:
tulc(guesses other then those that he's first) :)

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I look forward to you supporting your position showing exactly what Obama regulations or actions slowed the American Holocaust while he was in office.
My initial assumption was that the increased access to birth control that happened under the Obama administration through Obamacare was a positive factor in reducing abortion rates. I think that birth control, good sex ed, and access to health care are all things that significantly lower abortion rates.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Has Trump finally decided what political position he will take on abortion or is this just another ruse in his continued efforts to pander to and appease his evangelical Christian supporters? I suppose he deserves some credit because he certainly knows how to pander to his evangelical supporters. It must be hard for him to keep all of his stories straight. I wonder how long he can keep this charade up.

Donald Trump's Evolving Stance on Abortion

Timeline: Donald Trump’s Shifting Position on Abortion Rights

Donald Trump took 5 different positions on abortion in 3 days

Last edited:
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...if only he would demonstrate respect for life.

Respect for women, respect for the privacy of young women when they are getting undressed, respect for people he disagrees with politically, respect for immigrant people he said come from [cuss word here] countries, respect for people who exercise their constitutional right to peacefully protest...

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well...first if you don't count President Reagan doing it while in office in 1987, or President Bush doing it in 2003. But yeah other then those two sitting Presidents, he's first. :wave:
Been here: March for Life (Washington, D.C.) - Wikipedia
tulc(totally the first) :sorry:

Well, you've blown the questionable narrative of Trump being the "very first President to address this national movement" out of the water. Darn those pesky facts getting in the way of praising Trump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe the Republican party nor President Trump are pro-life. Their hypocrisy actually makes the fight for the unborn that much more difficult.

The Republicans I have met over the years stop being "pro-life" after a baby is born. Anyway, what you said in your post reminded me of this meme about being pro-birth and not pro-life.

ProBirthMeme.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Expanding health insurance coverage and requiring health insurance to cover birth control and other family planning services, both of which Trump has chipped away at.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Expanding health insurance coverage and requiring health insurance to cover birth control and other family planning services, both of which Trump has chipped away at.

And how exactly did that reduce abortions?

Are you saying woman use abortion as a form of birth control?

Proof would be nice

• Winner
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe the media isn't counting those because they were by phone? Tho Trump's was a livestream so not too much different. I was under the impression he was the first also.
History is made! He’s the first to livestream to the event. Through snow and wind and icy weather, he didn’t allow those obstacles to deter his broadcast. His courageous and bold use of technology is.... well... ummm... beyond words.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

No, I'm saying that unwanted/unplanned pregnancies are the primary cause of abortions. It's not that difficult to figure out.

Proof would be nice

Sure thing. Glad to see people interested in evidence.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...uhmmm...the less women that get pregnant the less they will think about getting an abortion. It's not rocket science. The more access women have to birth control and health care the less they think about abortion. It's not actually hard to see. :wave:

...:sigh:....perhaps it is a little harder with that bell ringing in some peoples heads? :scratch:

Proof would be nice
Yes, yes it would. :)
tulc(agrees about that last thing) ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jazzflower92

Jul 31, 2013
✟59,085.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
...uhmmm...the less women that get pregnant the less they will think about getting an abortion. It's not rocket science. The more access women have to birth control and health care the less they think about abortion. It's not actually hard to see. :wave:

...:sigh:....perhaps it is a little harder with that bell ringing in some peoples heads? :scratch:

Yes, yes it would. :)
tulc(agrees about that last thing) ;)
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Actually despite people saying they are trying to make abortion rare. A lot of times pro-choice movement does things like expand it in California where even a nurse can be allowed to do it. Or in some places around the world they have systematically killed many of their children who had downs syndrome.

But regarding Trump, there is the fact I still think this is all for show with no real heart for it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I’m asking for proof, studies not opinions.

Why did the rate of abortions skyrocket when birth control became more accessible in the 70’s and 80’s.

• Winner
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Republicans I have met over the years stop being "pro-life" after a baby is born. Anyway, what you said in your post reminded me of this meme about being pro-birth and not pro-life.

View attachment 218663

If the anti-abortion crowd was really "pro-life" and supported babies outside the womb as much as they did inside the womb then I'd have a lot more respect for them.

IMO, I've found that the anti-abortion crowd is more concerned with their narcissistic need to demonstrate their innate moral superiority than their desire to prevent abortions.

For example. If you are "truly" anti-abortion then what that should logically mean is that ANY ACTION that lowers the abortion rate should be an action you 100% wholeheartedly support. If I present you with data that giving red M&M's to teenagers at lunchtime lowers the abortion rate by 20% and I propose a measure that provides red M&M's to teenagers you should be supportive of said measure right?

Nope. Not to anti-abortion types. They have their morality and delicate sensibilities and that comes first. Do it their way or else don't do it at all...

So-called "anti-abortion" types routinely and vehemently oppose measures, policies, technologies, etc that scientifically and mathematically lower the abortion rate. They actively oppose giving contraceptive to teenagers, they actively oppose sex education, they actively promote untrue and fear based abstinence only education, they actively push for the defunding and elimination of agencies that have been scientifically proven to REDUCE the number of abortions (i.e. planned parenthood)...

They continue to paint this abortion doom and gloom picture when the reality is that the ABORTION RATE HAS BEEN DECLINING FOR DECADES.

Take this thread, the "What has Obama done to reduce Abortion?" argument actually came up. Really?

abortion-rate-860dae65c913886b0ff6a92d202b86aedc38e9cf.png

If you are truly "anti-abortion" and "pro life" then please stop making this such a divisive issue and let the data be your guide.

Abortion will never be overturned in this country. It just won't happen. If you need to tilt at windmills then I guess I can't stop you.

But if you value decreasing abortions more than your righteous sense of indignation then try working with the LEFT.

How do you work with the LEFT?

Easy... Let the data be your guide. Opinions and morality don't matter. All that matters is reducing the number of abortions. Period. That's it. So stop fighting sex education, stop fighting contraceptive proliferation, stop fighting Plan B pills, stop fighting to defund organizations that are credited with reducing the abortion rate...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m asking for proof, studies not opinions.

Why did the rate of abortions skyrocket when birth control became more accessible in the 70’s and 80’s.
We've had more comprehensive sex and health education increase since the 80s and 90s. The CDC reports fewer abortions since then even among teens despite that group having actually increased sexual activity recently.

“Following nationwide legalization of abortion in 1973, the total number, rate, and ratio of reported abortions increased rapidly, reaching the highest levels in the 1980s before decreasing at a slow yet steady pace,” the report states. “Nonetheless, throughout the years, the incidence of abortion has varied considerably across subpopulations and remains higher in some demographic groups than others.”

Continuing the steady decline over the last few years, there were only 12.1 abortions per 1,000 women of childbearing age in 2014, compared to 19.4 per 1,000 in 2008. The largest decrease was seen among pregnant teenagers, with the abortion rate for young girls declining 46 percent since 2008.​

Abortion rates in US hit historic low, CDC report finds

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0