Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Alan Dershowitz just argued in the senate trial, and no this isn’t a joke, that if the president believes his re-election is in the national interest, that no quid pro quo could be impeachable.

In his own words..

Dershowitz said:
”If a president does something which he believes will help him get elected in the public interest, that cannot be the kind of quid pro quo that results in impeachment,"

So I guess some people do want you to have a king again, after all. Seriously, this is one of the most bizarre and frankly frightening things I’ve ever heard from any administration.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,147,798.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Alan Dershowitz just argued in the senate trial, and no this isn’t a joke, that if the president believes his re-election is in the national interest, that no quid pro quo could be impeachable.

In his own words..

So I guess some people do want you to have a king again, after all. Seriously, this is one of the most bizarre and frankly frightening things I’ve ever heard from any administration.
Until Donald cancels the 2020 election on the basis that holding it is not in the national interest.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In his own words..

link?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Until Donald cancels the 2020 election on the basis that holding it is not in the national interest.

Nah... his loyal subjects will cheer for that, too.

Reminds me of a line in Zorro, the Gay Blade (NOT what it sounds like)

Don Diego: The peoples are quite happy working the land for the caballeros!
Charlotte Taylor Wilson: You don't really believe the people are happy!
Don Diego: [quietly] All I know is the soldiers are very happy shooting the peoples who say the peoples are not happy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

you owe me a keyboard. I spit my coffee all over it.

funniest post I have read in years.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
you owe me a keyboard. I spit my coffee all over it.

funniest post I have read in years.

I don’t find it funny at all. It is a logical conclusion one could draw from Dershowitz’s argument that anything done to help the president’s re-election is in the public interest and therefore not worthy of impeachment. Nothing would guarantee Trump’s continued residence in the White House more than not having an election at all.

And I have no doubt that Trump’s supporters would completely agree with Trump when he declares the 2020 election cancelled. Nothing else has made them waver, why would ending our system of government be any different?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember when Republicans were worried about an imperial Obama presidency?

lol

Oh yeah, I got letters of panic from the ACLJ about Obama was trying to act like a king instead of a President because he wrote executive orders all the time.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Remember when Republicans were worried about an imperial Obama presidency?

lol
Wasn’t evil Obama supposed to take people’s gun and kill them in FEMA camps in Jade Helm Texas?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Wasn’t evil Obama supposed to take people’s gun and kill them in FEMA camps in Jade Helm Texas?

The brave warriors under the Texas State Guard and Patriotic True Americans exposed this Heinous plan to enslave White America and put a stop to it.

Upvote 0