Republic
✟8,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could use some support — is anyone else going through this??

I’m a SAHM, about to start homeschooling my 6yo and my husband and I are agreed we really need a second income.

Which is why I’m looking into starting something from home.

I want something that’s mine outside of motherhood….w/o leaving home.

(I don’t need ideas, just wondering if anyone else Is going down this road too)

I’m really scared about this!!

— I’ve never done anything like this before, and the pressure to make additional $$ is R E A L.

Tell me I’m not alone!

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I’m a SAHM, about to start homeschooling my 6yo and my husband and I are agreed we really need a second income.

— I’ve never done anything like this before, and the pressure to make additional $$ is R E A L.

Tell me I’m not alone!
A coworker who was also laid off during the dotcom bust said she was going to start a daycare business. My niece worked for a daycare business and was allowed to bring her two preschool daughters to work with her. There are state and local laws regarding business licensing, insurance, bookkeeping and taxes.

Some customer service employees work from home. I have heard children in the background when calling them.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Actually, my youngest son and wife are going through the same thing right now.
My wife and I home schooled our kids back in the 80s and 90s. We were fortunate in that my wife worked during the week while I worked the weekend. Problem solved.
My youngest son and his wife have decided to go down that route with their two children. This was prompted by her falling ill and having to quit her job as a teacher at a local Christian School. A forced SAHM if you will. That loss of income has led them to home school the kids at least part of the time. So, money can be an issue.
I might suggest looking into some aid from local churches. I know of at least one local assembly that has a church school that also assists home schoolers.
I do not know if you are experienced in the area of computers. There are many people who find employment in their homes and work remotely. We have four children in their 40s. With the advent of COVID, all of them were able to work from home. I myself worked remotely as a contractor with my former college for 2 and a half years.
I wish I could help more. I think getting help from a local congregation may be your best bet.
Praying!

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,714.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Tell me I’m not alone!
I am not going down this road...just want to tell you that you are definitely not alone...I know several mothers facing this decision. Don't compromise your motherhood nor protection of your child/children and spend a lot of time praying for answers every step along your path. You will be tested...see to it you stand the test/s by erring on the side of preserving and promoting Christianity in your family. Tests are real...stay the course until God brings you answers to your needs and resolutions to your conflicts along the way. My sister sold baskets at home shows evenings for a time and eventually as her children got older a door was opened to teach in a Christian day school which she then had her children attend. Later still her husband started a business of his own after being shipwrecked at original job and it became very successful and provided work for a lot of people including one of his then grown sons. Not all situations can turn out so wonderfully...I assure you they had many financial worries until husband's business began.
This is meant as a boost to your confidence...your confidence in the Lord and His provision. Everything by prayer and petition to the Lord...do not be anxious.

Upvote 0