Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This if from this particular Sub-forum's Statement of Purpose:

Christian Preppers Statement of Purpose

The purpose of the Christian Preppers forum is to inform and encourage other believers to consider prepping. Prepping is the act of preparing for catastrophic events (war, terrorist attacks), natural disasters (earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, extended drought), and tribulations - Biblical or non-Biblical. The hope is, that in real life, Christian believers would then share their efforts and work towards building local communities of Christian Preppers who will help each other, and help the needy in the event that trouble comes. It is also to encourage Christians to be good stewards and learn self-reliance from government or corporate help in regards to daily life (i.e. power, food, water). This can include ways to make or do things yourself - DIY.

You can read the rest here: Statement of Purpose - Christian Preppers Statement of Purpose

Upvote 0

ColinJesusboy28

Nov 14, 2013
Aurora Co
✟19,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank You! In that case
I think on a daily bases we need to put the image of Christ in our hearts. Go to google images and type in Jesus. And look at the flowing beauty of our depictions of Christ. Try closing your eyes and putting that image back in your heart. This prepares me for the day. When Satan tries to lear me away. I look for the Lord in my heart. I ask that Jesus make His home with me.
I also ask that Jesus make his home with each of you as well!
Love you Christ Forum :)

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you! I am sure everyone who frequents this forum is seeking to make Jesus the center of their heart and life. We invite you to prep for uncertain times.
Blessings
Dids

Upvote 0

Kosher Salt

Dec 2, 2018
Taylorsville
✟9,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what this thread means by preparing. Does it mean for End Times?
My Brother,, come end times means being right with God.
How ever,, in the mean time other things-can happen.

• Winner
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure what this thread means by preparing. Does it mean for End Times?

For my $0.02, I'd propose the "BEFORE" versus "BUT NOW" concepts as provided in the Book of Luke:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

And given that we're in the "BUT NOW" era, it seems prudent to be adequately self sufficient to "endure" (Ref. Rev. 13:10 & Rev. 14:12) for the anticipated FIVE-plus months (Ref. Rev. 9:5) during the tribulation, and then an additional number of months until Jesus' new control over governments can be mobilized for food distribution. -- Thus one should anticipate necessary provisions for at least one year.

It's interesting that during warfare the citizens virtually always suffer for food, although some WWII historians go as far to document such a dire need for such simple amenities as soap, to account that girls are taken advantage of for the exchange. Thus the depiction of the "purse", the "bag", and the "sword" which our generation will surely need ...

DaDad

• Informative
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
For my $0.02, I'd propose the "BEFORE" versus "BUT NOW" concepts as provided in the Book of Luke:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” 36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

And given that we're in the "BUT NOW" era, it seems prudent to be adequately self sufficient to "endure" (Ref. Rev. 13:10 & Rev. 14:12) for the anticipated FIVE-plus months (Ref. Rev. 9:5) during the tribulation, and then an additional number of months until Jesus' new control over governments can be mobilized for food distribution. -- Thus one should anticipate necessary provisions for at least one year.

It's interesting that during warfare the citizens virtually always suffer for food, although some WWII historians go as far to document such a dire need for such simple amenities as soap, to account that girls are taken advantage of for the exchange. Thus the depiction of the "purse", the "bag", and the "sword" which our generation will surely need ...

DaDad

You're giving a false hope to folks here friend. The majority of people will not survive GOD's wrath. They are not suppose to.

There's nothing wrong with preparing for unrest and catastrophic situations prior to our departure from this earth, and I know you see this differently with regards to the rapture and such, but don't give people a false sense of hope that they will somehow survive GOD's wrath if they were still here,... they won't.

• Winner
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're giving a false hope ...

GOD sent his Son (the WORD became FLESH) so that we may have LIFE, and LIFE MORE ABUNDANTLY. If you don't like the WORD (Scripture) then it's YOU that makes that choice for yourself (false as it is). As to me and my family, we will serve the LORD, and HE will guide us into LIFE:

Jeremiah 33:3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

To All,
Please be aware that GOD removes the wicked, and preserves the lives of the righteous, and this INCLUDES our "endurance" during the Tribulation. Thus:

Rev. 13:10 ... This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of God’s people.

Rev. 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus. 13 Then I heard a voice from heaven say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.”

But at the end of the age after the dead are raised (Ref. Rev. 20), then those who are alive and remain on earth shall ascend (raptured) to the New Jerusalem, to be with the LORD forever in the air!

... but beware of false prophets:

2 Peter 2
1 Timothy 4
1 John 4

And because this is a "Prepping" Forum, and not a "Prophecy" Forum, -- if any should seek further discussion, please feel free to PM me!

DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prepping is another term for those that dont put their 100% trust in God. They have to store things up, directly going against Jesus.

Perhaps you missed Luke 22:35, (and these were JESUS's words), or perhaps you ignored it. In either instance, ALL Scripture is given for the building up of the saints. And those who reject it do so at their peril.

DaDad

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟163,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Prepping is another term for those that dont put their 100% trust in God. They have to store things up, directly going against Jesus.

No it's not that. There's nothing wrong with having a preparation for rough times and bad events, it's the false idea promoted by some that Christians are suppose to prepare for a tribulation that GOD has supposedly designed for His believers and not for satan and his followers.

GOD is against the unrighteous, not the righteous. The wrath will be poured out on them, not us.

So yea, don't get the idea from some that all of us expecting GOD's wrath, we are watching for His return prior to that, as we are suppose to. Sometimes things are just basic common sense.

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... false idea ... supposedly ... don't get the idea ...

To All,
Millions perished during the Holocaust under the premise: Why should they flee their home, business, community, nation, and continent? It's a false fear; don't get caught up by crazy ideas ...

The Jews have been there and done that, and precious few survived. The only question is, will Christians believe the nay sayers, -- or the forebodings from Scripture along with the exponential decline of society?

It's a simple answer for me. Which will you choose?

Thanks,
DaDad

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank You! In that case
I think on a daily bases we need to put the image of Christ in our hearts. Go to google images and type in Jesus. And look at the flowing beauty of our depictions of Christ. Try closing your eyes and putting that image back in your heart. This prepares me for the day. When Satan tries to lear me away. I look for the Lord in my heart. I ask that Jesus make His home with me.
I also ask that Jesus make his home with each of you as well!
Love you Christ Forum :)
Not quite the idea of prepping.

Reactions: DaDad
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you! I am sure everyone who frequents this forum is seeking to make Jesus the center of their heart and life. We invite you to prep for uncertain times.
Blessings
Dids
Well we could only hope that was the case.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not really Proverbs says - Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: Prov 6:6.

• Agree
Reactions: DaDad
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟146,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a prepper but Matthew 24:45 45“Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? If your prepping leads to helping others you wouldn't be going against Jesus

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a prepper but Matthew 24:45 45“Who then is the faithful and sensible slave whom his master put in charge of his household to give them their food at the proper time? If your prepping leads to helping others you wouldn't be going against Jesus

Made me laugh. -- Good advice for OTHERS?!? --
Perhaps good advice for ALL.

DaDad

Upvote 0

DaDad

Site Supporter
Apr 28, 2017
Southwest
✟85,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your right I should be more ready. But remember Jesus fed 5000 with a boy's lunch lol
Actually that was Pre-Departure as given in Luke:

Luke 22:35 And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no purse or bag or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.”

But NOW we live in the Post-Departure, also as given in Luke:

Luke 22:36 He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it, and likewise a bag. And let him who has no sword sell his mantle and buy one.

... so your analogy no longer applies. -- NOW we're instructed to have all the means necessary for self sufficiency, including a sword (as necessary). But good try. It's what the church often teaches, but then again, when one person does all the thinking, presenting, and "hearing from GOD", -- well, 1 Cor. 14:26 requires the participation of EVERYONE, not just one person week after week after week after week.

Or so it would seem ...
DaDad

• Winner
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.