United States
✟70,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So my illness has made it almost impossible for me to cook meals, I just don't have the energy. I've been trying to eat healthy foods that don't require any cooking, like salads, fruits, and raw vegetables. But I'm already tired of those foods and end up going out to eat more than I should.

Does anyone have any ideas for healthy meals that are very easy and uncomplicated, and without much clean up?

• Prayers
Reactions: ilovejcsog

Thee Librarian

Jan 25, 2018
Chicago
✟16,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So my illness has made it almost impossible for me to cook meals, I just don't have the energy. I've been trying to eat healthy foods that don't require any cooking, like salads, fruits, and raw vegetables. But I'm already tired of those foods and end up going out to eat more than I should.

Does anyone have any ideas for healthy meals that are very easy and uncomplicated, and without much clean up?

Cook a mass of ground turkey with your favorite seasonings. Cook a bucket load of Quinoa, (found in boil pouches and cheaper than most). Buy a plastic box of salad. Those three make for a variety of meals. Also a bucket of steel cut oatmeal with dried cranberries or other fruit cooked in. The oatmeal is good for every breakfast. Add nuts and more fruit if you wish. A rotisserie chicken will work instead of the ground turkey for even less work. Those ingredients will add to any food you have around. One big bowl will hold your salad plus everything else and one bowl, easy cleanup. Mass cooking is great for fast food and easy cooking. Throw an even bigger batch of cooked meat in the freezer. Much less work than starting from scratch. Ground beef or chicken can add to any "wet" food in cans.

If you like Curry, track down Patel Brothers, Inc. meals in pouches. I like them all and they store on your shelf. Pour them on the turkey or salad or Quinoa or rice. Very quick and easy. Huge variety.
READY TO EAT - Page 1 - Patel Brothers, Inc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I was going to suggest the same thing and Stouffers. They have the entrees on sale here a lot. Also, in Phoenix they have a lot of rood places that deliver and depending on the amount you order it can be very economical. You can make many meals out of it and freeze them. They have all flavors like American, Mexican, Italian. Even Burger king here has delivery although it isn't that healthy. Soups? Cereal? easy easy. I wish you were in Phoenix as we have a wonderful sub shop that makes the best salads. It is tough to make salads and have all the ingredients and stand up to make it. Going back to the freezing, If I make a meal I make a lot so that I can freeze it in more than one meal. Just to remember to label them as I have loads of containers now that I don't know what they are, lol.
I hope you find it easier, I can surely sympathize with you.
God bless you!
(sorry, I was composing when the above post was posted thus the repeats, also the post above the last post was why I mentioned the Stouffers (sp))

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you tried varying the salads? I add nuts, beans, sunflower seeds, raw beets, raw ginger root, and sometimes a starch such as brown rice. My usual dressing is oil and vinegar, but I break that up with ranch sometimes, which is addicting.

Reactions: Porpoise
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I cooked pouches of no salt added vegetables like kale, spinach, broccoli and Brussels sprouts in the microwave, 5-7 minutes. I cooked beans and rice in my Instant Pot pressure cooker in order to get protein. I set the pot's timer and it turned itself off automatically. Beans soaked overnight will cook in less than ten minutes. I do not have to stand over a stove and watch. A pressure cooker cooks at a higher temperature than 212 and cooks beans to a better texture in less time.

Upvote 0

Thee Librarian

Jan 25, 2018
Chicago
✟16,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I also use a pellet grill. You can get your meat up to temperature, then shut it down to 160 or so for the night. In the morning you have smoked meat or chicken falling off the bone. It can last for a week in the fridge or longer if you freeze. Smokey tender meat is great for fast throw together meals.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sandwiches.

Old guy: "We were so poor all we had to eat was jammed sandwiches."

Young whippersnapper: "What's a jammed sandwich?"

Old guy: "Two slices of bread...jammed together."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stellar Vision

Mar 17, 2004
Raleigh, NC
✟138,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One of my easier meals is a roasted diced sweet potato with my salad.

1. Dice it up into ~half inch cubes
2. Put them in a container with lid,
3. Add paprika, pepper, dill, a teaspoon of canola oil
4. Close lid; toss to coat
5. Spread out on parchment paper lined pan
6. Bake for 40 minutes at 380 degrees F
7. Sprinkle with a little salt after they're done
8. Wash the container and your plate, throw out the parchment paper, and you're done.

Upvote 0

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Don't forget super simple things like apples and nut butter.

Also you can get powdered green products and mix them in yogurt, juice or soymilk. I like Swanson Raw Superfoods because it's raw, has healing mushrooms in it and is cost efficient. One serving equals five servings of organic veg. I pour third cup of organic juicee (from the discount store or online to get the best price) in a large glass, add a scoop of powdered greens and then fill the glass with soymilk. The greens are sweetened with a natural sweetener and it ends up tasting like a yogurt drink. Getting the large amounts of chlorophyll from the greens will help with your energy. There are many other green powder products. The one I use is available at Swansonvitamins.com.
Hope that helps. Prayers, A

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh, and I also mix the green powder into nut butter and add a small amount of raw honey. Tastes like candy, but gets you 5 servings of greens, plus those healing mushrooms. Make sure the honey is raw. Raw honey is a healthful substance. You can find it also at swanson and many other online outlets.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist

The best food / healthy / for many is found at healthy palate to go and other such food prep places in oklahoma and around the country. The health benefits reported , with no claims being made by the providers, are remarkable and might be seen various facebook or other pages online by consumer/customers.
The cost is about $6 or $7 per meal, all the meals prepared to be picked up twice a week or as arranged depending on the business, and is much much better, starting with the best possible meats or veggies / fruits/ etc/ ....
than most home cooked manages to be,

Various arrangements from 5 or 7 'snacks'
to 21 meals and snacks
can be accomplished- everything is set together for each meal, ready to either just heat it, or to cook, as desired..

Upvote 0