• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

3. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  4. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Premonition

Discussion in 'Psychosis and Schizophrenia' started by sea5763, Nov 3, 2019.

1. sea5763

sea5763 Well-Known Member

+537
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Within the past week or so I almost got hit by a car while walking across the crosswalk. That morning I woke up from a dream where something happened that caused me to become paralyzed while lying face down and potentially dying. Then I almost got hit by a car a couple of hours later.

The power was out and it was still early morning and dark outside. I was carrying a flashlight. The car had started slowing down so I started walking across the crosswalk. When I was about a third way in front of the car I heard them hit the accelerator so I ran and just barely got out of the way fast enough. There was another pedestrian that witnessed it and told me that it was really close and they thought I was going to get hit but was glad I was ok.

also when I was hearing voices a couple of months ago before I increased my dose of meds the demon kept threatening me saying that if I didn’t do what it said and let it control me that it would leave me quadriplegic. I told it that it couldn’t do anything without Gods permission first and said no. It then threw a fit. But the memory of that is haunting me.

I’ve had several strange occurrences happen throughout my life, so after witnessing and experiencing all these things I know the spirit world is real. Usually the way it happens is that I have a vision or dream of something happening, usually without knowing the cause or hearing any commentary about it, and then it happens. There were a couple of times when the voices told me what was going to happen but usually the voices just tell lies.

I’ve told my brother and mom about the occurrences that have happened over the years and they believe that I do see things. My mom was telling me next time I have a dream like that I should stay home from work. I thought last time I was talking to my brother that he thought it was demonic in origin, but when I talked to him about it today he said that the origins are a question mark and that he just doesn’t know, but that because things like that are not 100% reliable to just ignore it.

I think that this was the first premonition that didn’t actually come to pass and was only about me. The one dream I had from God where I talked to Him when I asked Him about being a prophet He said I was not sent. So I don’t know why these strange things keep periodically happening. I don’t know what they mean or their origin because there is never any commentary or mention who the message is from. But I’m pretty sure if I hadn’t had that dream I would have not run to avoid getting hit. And since the cell phone towers were down I think I very well could have died too.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Shinsoo

Shinsoo New Member

+12
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Some things are hard to explain. Like you, there is no doubt in my mind the spirit world is real. I have also had premonitions--only three but they were about me and all came to pass. I saw my current bf in a dream three days before I actually met him. I met the boss who would preside over my employment there in a dream about a week before she arrived.

That said, yeah there's a lot of bogus crap within the spirit realm that is not helpful and beneficial. Demons especially like to feast off your fears and cause confusion and chaos. I met a couple of angels at one point, but who is to say, really, when in the spirit realm, your greatest fears and desires make themselves present?

It's part of the reason why I sought refuge in Christ. I don't know what it was I did to attract all the unpleasant experiences and mockery and rejection from spirits, but I took it as God saying: "No, I have bigger plans for you. Have faith, do not turn to the spirit world to escape from your troubles with people on Earth. You were rejected and mistreated by spirits because you needed to learn that Christ is the only one you need."

Christ-centered living does cover a lot of things I feel I am here to learn--discipline, compassion, service to others. <3

It's helped a lot. I'm not saying what you are experiencing is bs, but if you ever start finding yourself in a place where you can't tell beneficial from non beneficial--cut off communication with the spirit realm. There is absolutely no shame in doing that. That's what I did and have no regrets.

3. sea5763

+537
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    nvm

4. sea5763

+537
    United States
    Protestant
    Single

I've been taking meds to block it out. I don't want to be lost in psychosis anymore or hearing spirits. But in spite of that I still heard some breakthrough voices. My last experience before the dose increased was absolutely awful.