Premillennialism ignores the tenses in the original Greek in order to sustain its teaching

Bob_1000

Jul 30, 2021
Mid-West
✟20,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus gives us Jacob's trouble again though.

Matthew 24:21-22

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

Jesus was not talking about the Babylonian captivity. Jesus was not talking about the new Jerusalem having trouble. Jesus was not talking about 70AD having trouble. Yet Jesus was talking about Jerusalem and Judea, not even about the church. Jerusalem and the surrounding area is still dealing with Jacob and Israel at the time of the Second Coming.
I agree, the time of Jacob's trouble wasn't the Babylonian captivity. The best pointer to that time is here:

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

It happened at a time when MANY but not all of them that slept in the dust awoke. That happened here:

Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The idea of 3 separate resurrection events is not even remotely there in John 5:28-29.
There have been millions if not billions of different resurrections since Jesus made that promise. Starting with Lazarus. So not just 3 distinct "hours". All throughout the last 1991 years. At some times thousands in a single hour. You only have those verses in John, and a few other verses to "prove your point". They do not even prove your point, though. Resurrection has been an ongoing phenomenon for the last 1991 years. You do not get to twist Revelation 20 to fit your theory. John clearly points out two distinct points in that chapter separated by 1000 years. Unless, of course your interpretation is different than what is written? You claim John in John 5 is specific. John is even more specific in Revelation 20. You cannot use the less specific reference to dictate the more specific reference. Even if you claim "utter" symbolism as an excuse. People keep pointing out the symbolic term is The Day of the Lord. No need to claim 1000 is symbolism. Peter told us not to be ignorant about that in 2 Peter 3.

How can "and the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were over" in any shape or form be the same single hour?

Since the Cross every single resurrection is experienced as the first resurrection. How less obvious can that be? When this physical flesh stops taking it's final breath, and the heart and brain cease to function the soul leaves this body and enters a permanent incorruptible physical body in Paradise. Exactly like Christ did. Christ was given a physical body after death. We are given a physical body after death. That is the first resurrection.

The difference in Revelation 20:4 is those beheaded will have to travel through time from the moment they loose their head to the same event standing before those thrones and judged. Unless those set of individuals have a soul that waits some where. Unless they are all rounded up at the same time, it is going to take months to chop off those heads. So not all will die at the same time, but all will be judged and given a physical body at the same time. That point of having a physical body is the first resurrection. A first resurrection is the experience of having a new physical body. John claims that physical body will live 1000 years. Nothing can be done to change that fact. They cannot sin nor disobey God from that point on. Sin and disobedience would immediately put them into the position of needing the second death. They once lived. They once were beheaded to keep living. Their new physical bodies were afforded at a single point immediately following Armageddon, and they lived for 1000 years and then went on living on the New Earth. They did not have to stand at the GWT between realities. They were not DEAD!

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Let us pause for a moment and consider what is being said here: people marry right up until the second coming, but in the age to come they don’t marry because the saints of God will be adorned with their new glorified eternal bodies. What is more: Christ shows that people die right up until the second coming but in the age to come they don’t die. Why? Because sin, sinners and the wicked are not welcome on the new glorified perfected earth that Christ introduces at the second coming.

The contrast here moves from: ‘marriage’ to ‘no marriage’, ‘death’ to ‘no death’. Marriage disappears! Death disappears! The turning point is the glorious coming of Christ and the resurrection that accompanies it.

Jesus outlines in clear tones the incorruptibility and the glory of the future state. This is not the case with the Premillennial and Preterist age to come; marriage, divorce, funerals and mourning continue unabated. This passage forbids both the Premillennial and Preterist theories.
Pausing and then inserting personal opinion.

Why call one poster's points personal opinion as being "wrong", and then claim your personal opinion is "right"?

In Paradise, which Jesus was claiming as the point after death, there is no marriage nor procreation. We all should know that. It is actually in the here and now in that a-age you hold. There is not a coming point in time that happens. It clearly is in the here and now. Just not on earth, but in Paradise. Those is Paradise are ruling and reigning as priest around the alter in Paradise. They have been for 1991 years. This point you are making has already been a reality. It should already be a firm plank in amil doctrine.

2 Corinthians 5:1

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."

Where does this verse claim they in the first century had to wait 1900 years for this to happen?

"We have" present active indicative.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok so it goes like this in your view. The resurrection of the just happens, then 1000 years later the unjust are raised. That doesn’t line up with Daniel 12 at all.
No, this is not the correct view. Revelation 20 is not about the church or even those currently in Christ. Revelation 20 is not about Jesus dying on the Cross. What thrones were being viewed while Jesus was hanging on the Cross, placed in a tomb and rose again 72 hours later?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Instead, my point is about the scope of who will be resurrected once that time Jesus said is coming arrives. Jesus said ALL who are in the graves will be resurrected at that future time that Jesus said is coming. How does this line up with your belief that the dead will be resurrected at 3 entirely different times? That's what I'm trying to get you to address.
If they did nothing to deserve a resurrection, why are they being punished?

What they are being judged for is very much relevant to why they are even standing there.

I can only assume you place yourself there as being dead since that is the only time you allow yourself to be resurrected.

Can you point out where those in Paradise are said to be dead and standing at the GWT?

How can someone born of the Holy Spirit still be dead at that point? Surely there are other verses explaining how some humans are not there. Those humans in verse 4 are not there. Is standing before the GWT as dead part of being blessed? They died once. They were resurrected, now they are dead again? If there is no mention of living people at the GWT, what specific non obscure Scripture proves living people are standing there. The only specific verses are right there:

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Adding words to these verses to make them more specific was warned against. Do we have the liberty to insert that the living from Paradise or on earth should be standing here? What Scripture claims the living have changed status to being dead?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I find the thought of somehow cramming 1000+ years in between His coming and the end to be preposterous. At least we agree on one thing, which is that we each believe that the other person's interpretation of that passage is preposterous.
Is it preposterous that God crammed in 1991 years between the Cross and today? The last 2 days with the Lord?

I bet the lost ten tribes think the last 3000 years or 3 days are preposterous of God to cram into earth time.

Upvote 0

Bob_1000

Jul 30, 2021
Mid-West
✟20,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, this is not the correct view. Revelation 20 is not about the church or even those currently in Christ. Revelation 20 is not about Jesus dying on the Cross. What thrones were being viewed while Jesus was hanging on the Cross, placed in a tomb and rose again 72 hours later?
I'm not sure what you're getting at, I didn't say Revelation 20 was about Jesus dying on the cross in that post. In my opinion Rev 20:4 is a view of Abraham's bosom at the time the OT saints were raised from the dead with Christ. All of that happened before God came against Gog and Magog. God came against Gog just prior to here:

Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD

Obviously that's a reference to Pentecost.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
great post in regards to Christ’s present reigning! Absolutely agree!

however, I’m going to offer some counter points on your “believers reigning now” section, to help sharpen your argument:

1.) in revelation 2-3, there are several rewards given to the overcoming saints. The verb overcoming is present tense. However the doling out of rewards is future tense. When do the saints receive these future tense rewards. This life? After death, at the coming of Christ when he rewards?

2.) according to revelation 6’s the 5th seal, the souls of the saints are under the altar, resting and waiting and being given white robes. They are not represented as reigning or sitting with Christ. This seems to contradict the Amil position that revelation 20 represents what happens to believers upon death: coming to life and reigning.

3.) it’s possible that Ephesians 2:6 is written in the prophetic perfect idiom, which was common among ancient Hebrews. In other words, Paul was writing of a future event (being seated with Christ) as so certain to happen, as it was guaranteed by the spirit, that he writes as if already fulfilled.

Even though you are an Amil yourself, I appreciate posts like this since I see you being objective about some of these things where other Amils don't even make an attempt to be objective about.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD

Obviously that's a reference to Pentecost.

No that is not obvious that it is referring to that. What is recorded in verse 29 can't even take place until God's judgment against Gog and his multitude take place first.

Upvote 0

Bob_1000

Jul 30, 2021
Mid-West
✟20,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No that is not obvious that it is referring to that. What is recorded in verse 29 can't even take place until God's judgment against Gog and his multitude take place first.
According to the bible it happened here.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though you are an Amil yourself, I appreciate posts like this since I see you being objective about some of these things where other Amils don't even make an attempt to be objective about.

He is not Amil. He is an extreme Preterist. He denies that Rev 20 is intra-Advent. He believes the millennium is past tense. It is notable that you both agree. Amils reject extreme Preterism. We believe the coming of Jesus is still future, we believe we are in the last days now and that the NHNE arrive when Jesus comes.

You seem to throw your hat in with anyone who opposes Amil. I believe there is a lack of objectivity in your argument.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, the time of Jacob's trouble wasn't the Babylonian captivity. The best pointer to that time is here:

Dan 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

It happened at a time when MANY but not all of them that slept in the dust awoke. That happened here:

Mat 27:52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

Are you an extreme Preterist?

Upvote 0

Bob_1000

Jul 30, 2021
Mid-West
✟20,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you an extreme Preterist?
I don't know what extreme preterist believe. I read the bible and go with what it says. I'm sure I agree on some points and disagree on other points. I think they put a lot of emphasis on 70 AD and I do not.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said both happen at the end of the age. You are just completely ignoring what He said in favor of what you want to be the case.

Matthew 13:47 “Once again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was let down into the lake and caught all kinds of fish. 48 When it was full, the fishermen pulled it up on the shore. Then they sat down and collected the good fish in baskets, but threw the bad away. 49 This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50 and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

I guarantee that you did not read this passage carefully at all because in no way, shape or form did Jesus indicate that the unsaved will be judged long after the saved receive eternal life. Instead, He said that both will happen at the end of the age.

Look at verses 47 and 48. Jesus tells a parable about a fishing net being put into the water and it caught all kinds of fish. Only when it was full was it pulled up to shore. It was full with all of the fish in it, good and bad. You apparently ignored that part. The time that the net becomes full equates to the end of the age. It is only at that time (and not at that time as well as 1000+ years later as you believe) that the wicked are thrown into the blazing furnace, which is the same event as Revelation 20:15 while the righteous are rewarded with inheriting the kingdom of heaven.

Jesus clearly indicated that these things will happen at the same time because His parable talks about the fish being collected all at the same time with the good fish being collected in baskets which equates to the righteous/saved inheriting the kingdom, and the bad fish being thrown away which represents the unsaved/wicked being cast into the blazing furnace.
This is the end of the church age (the here and now). Angels are involved thus it will be the Second Coming, the 6th Seal being opened, and the time of the following Trumpets and Thunders. This is the final harvest of Adam's flesh and blood. This has literally and symbolically nothing to do with Revelation 20. Angels did not come and harvest the dead at the Cross which was the end of the OT age. Yes, graves were opened at that time. Yes, physical bodies were seen walking around in Jerusalem. Yes, Abraham's bosom was emptied, thus a first, physical resurrection. This is the firstfruits plural, not just Christ the firstfruit singular. Angels did not cast all the tares into the fire in 30AD. Some preterist may argue they did that in 70AD, but yet millions of Adam's flesh and blood still walked around on earth. It was not the end of Adam's flesh and blood. It is some 1991 years later, and we are all still alive on the same earth, but a different age after the Cross.

It is consistent to point out it has been 1991 years since the Cross, and the next 1000 years Christ will reign with millions if not thousands of physically resurrected humans who will never die again period. They will be allowed to multiply and have offspring, because 1000 years later there are 10's of billions on earth, way more than have lived under Adam's punishment of sin and death by sin.

Looking back at the last 1991 years that first century humans declared could never happen, and they did, is consistent with thousands declaring the next 1000 years cannot happen, yet they will.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's clear to me that Revelation 20:6 implies that one MUST have part in the first resurrection in order for the second death to not have power over them. That lines up well with Amil, but not with Premil since Amil believes that all believers have part in the first resurrection while Premils don't believe that all believers have part in the first resurrection.
The first resurrection is currently to Paradise. What premill declares the saved do not go to heaven when they die? The debate is over what form we have in Paradise. The soul ain't dead. The permanent incorruptible physical body ain't dead. If nothing is dead, it is a first physical resurrection.

Revelation 20:4 is a first resurrection to earth, not to Paradise. Both Amil and Premil get this wrong. Jesus Christ was raised on earth, not into heaven. Amill should know the difference between the first physical resurrection in 30AD and the one at the Second Coming.

The resurrection in Revelation 20:4 has not happened yet. That is the difference. Amil think it happened in 30AD, yet they cannot explain those thrones being seen around the Cross in judgment. They have to ignore that part of the verse. Only Moses and Elijah appeared transfigured with Jesus. All the other OT saints were in Abraham's bosom. No Scripture claims they all immediately sat on thrones in judgment while Christ died and was buried for 72 hours. It is hard enough to convince people they had permanent incorruptible physical bodies.

No one is pointing out the sons of God are sitting on thrones and judging life on earth. It is prophecied that we would judge, even over the angels. Who are the we, if not sons of God? Explain how we are currently not sons of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Of course it is if a person dies still in a saved state, not in a fallen state instead, or that they are still in a saved state, not a fallen state instead, when Christ returns. Salvation is eternal in their case, no doubt about it. Not everyone might still be in a saved state when they die though, or when Christ returns, thus NOSAS. I already know what the argument likely is. Ppl like I'm describing, they were never saved to begin with.

Matthew 24 states that he that shall endure to the end shall be saved. Most things have to have an opposite. What is the opposite of that? He that shall not endure to the end shall not be saved, thus NOSAS. I take the end to be meaning the end of one's life or the 2nd coming, whichever one might happen in each person's case.

For these reasons alone the first resurrection can't be meaning something that spiritually happens to someone in this age. If one falls away, thus loses their salvation, thus, don't endure to the end, this contradicts pretty much everything recorded in Revelation 20:6, such as being blessed and holy, those who have part in the first resurrection. Such as the 2nd death having no power over you. Such as being priests to God and Christ. How can all of those things apply to someone one day and the next day they no longer do, meaning if they fall away? Premil does not have this problem. Everyone who have part in the first resurrection is meaning everyone that endures to the end. It is not meaning anyone that falls away.

NOSAS and Amil is not compatible. But I have already done a thread involving that subject in the past. NOSAS and Premil is compatible.
The saved state is being spiritually born of the Holy Spirit. How can one be born, unbirth themselves?

This belief about loosing one's belief seems pointless.

Either one is born of the Spirit or not. There is no birth and unbirth.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree, the time of Jacob's trouble wasn't the Babylonian captivity.

The best pointer to that time is here:

Not so. You rip Jacob's troubles from its historic old covenant setting in the book of Jeremiah, and its clear description of the Babylonian exile, and translate it the First Advent, to support their end-time beliefs.

A careful and unbiased analyze of the biblical and contextual evidence relating to the book of Jeremiah will prove that Jacob’s trouble was an historic occurrence that has been long fulfilled in the Babylonian captivity. It describes a time when Jeremiah lived and when he was rebuking the rebellion of Israel that caused him to be driven from their homeland.

Jacob's trouble is shown to relate to Babylonian captivity which occurred back in Nebuchadrezzar’s day. Let us let the Bible speak for itself.

Jeremiah 1:3 “It came also in the days of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the end of the eleventh year of Zedekiah the son of Josiah king of Judah, unto the carrying away of Jerusalem captive in the fifth month.”

Jeremiah 2:27-28: “they have turned their back unto me, and not their face: but in the time of their trouble they will say, Arise, and save us. But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah.”

Jeremiah 8:14-15: “assemble yourselves, and let us enter into the defenced cities, and let us be silent there: for the LORD our God hath put us to silence, and given us water of gall to drink, because we have sinned against the LORD. We looked for peace, but no good came; and for a time of health, and behold trouble! "

Jeremiah 11:10-12: “They are turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words; and they went after other gods to serve them: the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers. Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them, which they shall not be able to escape; and though they shall cry unto me, I will not hearken unto them. Then shall the cities of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem go, and cry unto the gods unto whom they offer incense: but they shall not save them at all in the time of their trouble.”

Jeremiah 14:7: “O LORD, though our iniquities testify against us, do thou it for thy name's sake: for our backslidings are many; we have sinned against thee. O the hope of Israel, the saviour thereof in time of trouble.

Jeremiah 15:2: “And it shall come to pass, if they say unto thee, Whither shall we go forth? then thou shalt tell them, Thus saith the LORD; Such as are for death, to death; and such as are for the sword, to the sword; and such as are for the famine, to the famine; and such as are for the captivity, to the captivity.”

Jeremiah 20:4: “For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will make thee a terror to thyself, and to all thy friends: and they shall fall by the sword of their enemies, and thine eyes shall behold it: and I will give all Judah into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall carry them captive into Babylon, and shall slay them with the sword.”

Jeremiah 25:9-11: Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the LORD, and Nebuchadrezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and an hissing, and perpetual desolations. Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle. And this whole land shall be a desolation, and an astonishment; and these nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.”

Jeremiah 29:1: “Now these are the words of the letter that Jeremiah the prophet sent from Jerusalem unto the residue of the elders which were carried away captives, and to the priests, and to the prophets, and to all the people whom Nebuchadnezzar had carried away captive from Jerusalem to Babylon."

Jeremiah 30:3-7: “For, lo, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel and Judah, saith the LORD: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. And these are the words that the LORD spake concerning Israel and concerning Judah. For thus saith the LORD; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace. Ask ye now, and see whether a man doth travail with child? wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, and all faces are turned into paleness? Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble, but he shall be saved out of it. "

Jeremiah 30:10-11: “Therefore fear thou not, O my servant Jacob, saith the LORD; neither be dismayed, O Israel: for, lo, I will save thee from afar, and thy seed from the land of their captivity; and Jacob shall return, and shall be in rest, and be quiet, and none shall make him afraid. For I am with thee, saith the LORD, to save thee: though I make a full end of all nations whither I have scattered thee, yet will I not make a full end of thee: but I will correct thee in measure, and will not leave thee altogether unpunished.”

This was speaking of Babylon at the time. It reveals a consistent scriptural truth, the vessels God uses to chasten His people, He then casts away. It was only the last few books that were post-exile. As promised, Israel after chastisement was delivered. Babylon was utterly destroyed. They were only one of many nations over the centuries. Today in this New Testament era, those who oppose God's only nation the Church face the same outcome.

Jeremiah 31:23: “Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; As yet they shall use this speech in the land of Judah and in the cities thereof, when I shall bring again their captivity; The LORD bless thee, O habitation of justice, and mountain of holiness.”

Jeremiah 31:23: “Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; As yet they shall use this speech in the land of Judah and in the cities thereof, when I shall bring again their captivity; The LORD bless thee, O habitation of justice, and mountain of holiness.”

Jeremiah 32:44: “Men shall buy fields for money, and subscribe evidences, and seal them, and take witnesses in the land of Benjamin, and in the places about Jerusalem, and in the cities of Judah, and in the cities of the mountains, and in the cities of the valley, and in the cities of the south: for I will cause their captivity to return, saith the LORD.”

Jeremiah 51:1: Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will raise up against Babylon, and against them that dwell in the midst of them that rise up against me, a destroying wind; And will send unto Babylon fanners, that shall fan her, and shall empty her land: for in the day of trouble they shall be against her round about. Against him that bendeth let the archer bend his bow, and against him that lifteth himself up in his brigandine: and spare ye not her young men; destroy ye utterly all her host. Thus the slain shall fall in the land of the Chaldeans, and they that are thrust through in her streets. For Israel hath not been forsaken, nor Judah of his God, of the LORD of hosts; though their land was filled with sin against the Holy One of Israel. Flee out of the midst of Babylon, and deliver every man his soul: be not cut off in her iniquity; for this is the time of the LORD's vengeance; he will render unto her a recompence.”

If this was a legal case it would be a closed case. I believe it is absolutely water-tight. The lawyer would simply say: “I rest my case.” I don’t believe there is any question that an objective analyze of this book would come to any other conclusion than the fact that Jeremiah is describing Israel’s captivity in Babylon in his day. There is no mention (or context) of end-times in the prophet’s writings on this matter. Quite the opposite.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yet you are adding onto Scripture again. There is no mention of a 1000 years in that passage. Premils have to insert it in there to allow their doctrine. They do that throughout the Word of God.
There is no mention of the 1991 years since the Cross, either. You are inserting that into Scripture or are claiming we are currently in 30AD.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The saved state is being spiritually born of the Holy Spirit. How can one be born, unbirth themselves?

This belief about loosing one's belief seems pointless.

Either one is born of the Spirit or not. There is no birth and unbirth.

It figures that when SG finally decides to agree with you about something, it would be something like this. IMO, one of the most damning doctrines that there is, is the doctrine that teaches, that no one, once they are saved, can ever lose that salvation. Obviously, in some cases that is 100% true, no doubt. But we are talking about in all cases. Is that 100% true in all cases? There is a major difference between some cases and all cases.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟200,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is no mention of the 1991 years since the Cross, either. You are inserting that into Scripture or are claiming we are currently in 30AD.

Who said it said that? What i am saying is: there is no mention of a future millennium because it will never happen. That is based on the faulty reading of one passage in the most obscure location in Scripture in the most symbolic book.

Upvote 0