enroute
✟1,403,905.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Prophecy in Isa. 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

We see the world gearing up against Damascus for the recent gas attack. Could what we are seeing be a prelude to the fulfillment of Isa. 17:1 in your opinion?

Reactions: Dreger

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Prophecy in Isa. 17:1 The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

We see the world gearing up against Damascus for the recent gas attack. Could what we are seeing be a prelude to the fulfillment of Isa. 17:1 in your opinion?

No.Not till armeggedon.
Damascus is one of three cities Muslims are told are safety cities that can not be touched by the Dajal during the time of Dajal. I expect it will be full of people when thier armies march to armegeddon Israel to destroy all Jews and the military occupying Jerusalem at that time.
Im pretty sure thats when Damascus is destroyed.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,905.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No.Not till armeggedon.
Damascus is one of three cities Muslims are told are safety cities that can not be touched by the Dajal during the time of Dajal. I expect it will be full of people when thier armies march to armegeddon Israel to destroy all Jews and the military occupying Jerusalem at that time.
Im pretty sure thats when Damascus is destroyed.

We do not yet know how close we are to the end. That is why I said prelude. The events of the end could be closer than most people anticipate.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand the reasoning behind Assad employing chemical weapons and raising the prospect of spreading the conflict. There's probably more going on there than what we're aware of. Given the track record of our military intervention or attempts at influencing regime change in these countries, I don't see the point of us being there besides filling someone's pockets with money.

If anything, I would expect this issue with Syria to be a platform used to instigate a regional crisis there involving Russia and the US, kind of like what happened with the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Russia has already said Assad isn't going anywhere, so his use of chemical weapons is unnecessary and would only serve to broaden the conflict.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,905.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't understand the reasoning behind Assad employing chemical weapons and raising the prospect of spreading the conflict. There's probably more going on there than what we're aware of. Given the track record of our military intervention or attempts at influencing regime change in these countries, I don't see the point of us being there besides filling someone's pockets with money.

If anything, I would expect this issue with Syria to be a platform used to instigate a regional crisis there involving Russia and the US, kind of like what happened with the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Russia has already said Assad isn't going anywhere, so his use of chemical weapons is unnecessary and would only serve to broaden the conflict.
The gassing does not make any sense, unless Assad was emboldened by the prospect that America would be pulling out of Syria.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,905.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

The gassing does not make any sense, unless Assad was emboldened by the prospect that America would be pulling out of Syria. We have discussed what the hooks in the jaws that brings on Ezekiel 38&39. But could this precipitate Isaiah 17:1?

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you look at it that way ok.
But for that matter the first and second US,Iraq wars were preludes also.

One thing for sure.The four countries bound in the river euphrates are much closer than they ever have before,
If you know what I mean.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,905.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you look at it that way ok.
But for that matter the first and second US,Iraq wars were preludes also.

One thing for sure.The four countries bound in the river euphrates are much closer than they ever have before,
If you know what I mean.

We are discussing end time prophecy here, specifically Isa 17:1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,905.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just because you dont know where the US, Iraq wars are in scripture doesnt mean no one else does.
That is the purpose of the thread. Do you have knowledge of where the U.S. Iraq wars are in scripture? If yes, would you mind sharing what you know and please show us how it pertains to Isa. 17:1.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There is an entire chapter about events leading up to the time of the end which takes place at the end of that chapter.
Most of that chapter pertains to events in the middle east.
That chapter is Daniel 11.
That is the purpose of the thread. Do you have knowledge of where the U.S. Iraq wars are in scripture? If yes, would you mind sharing what you know and please show us how it pertains to Isa. 17:1.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,905.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is an entire chapter about events leading up to the time of the end which takes place at the end of that chapter.
Most of that chapter pertains to events in the middle east.
That chapter is Daniel 11.
So you don't have any knowledge of where the US Iraq wars are in scripture or how it pertains to Isa. 17:1. Cool.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
The gassing does not make any sense, unless Assad was emboldened by the prospect that America would be pulling out of Syria. We have discussed what the hooks in the jaws that brings on Ezekiel 38&39. But could this precipitate Isaiah 17:1?

No, and I'm convinced that Isaiah 17:1 and Amos 1:3-5 are connected. Amos gives a general reason for the judgment, for the threshing of Gilead with implements of iron. If I recall correctly, its referencing a location just east of the Jordan River.
Whether this is going to be one of the routes Jews flee through and they try to kill them is uncertain.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So you don't have any knowledge of where the US Iraq wars are in scripture or how it pertains to Isa. 17:1. Cool.

Sure I do.I just told you where.But if you dont understand it ,thats anothet thing.

As for Damascus.It will be destroyed during armegeddon.

When Jerusalem goes.So will Damascus.
Revelation 16:19 The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

Upvote 0

shilohsfoal

Jacks or better to open
Jan 3, 2011
✟73,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

No.

Isaiah 17:12-14, showing that it describes how Assyria attempted to defeat Judah and Jerusalem in 701 BC, but miserably failed when God miraculously intervened. Isaiah 17:12-14 is addressed to the enemies of Judah. Therefore, Isaiah 17 has everything to do with the 8th century BC, and nothing to do with the 21st century.

Upvote 0