Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm currently pregnant with my first child and am in my second trimester. I'd like to ask for prayer for some back pain I've been dealing with the past week. Before pregnancy, I've suffered from chronic lower back pain. The pain is always in the same spot as I injured it a few years ago. It's hard to doctor it while being pregnant as I don't want to use anything or take anything that'll harm the baby so I've been doing what I can to manage. I haven't asked for prayer yet, so I figured that'd be helpful.

Thank you all in advance and may God bless you. :relaxed:

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sympathies tryphena Rose! I have the same sort of thing, I so feel for you here especially at this time. Congradulations on your pregnancy with your first child, and our God bless you both in Jesus Christ many times over and grant you healing and with it relief from your low back pain.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers Sis!
Peace unto you and all your house! (Hugs)

Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Daughter of the Most High
Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sympathies tryphena Rose! I have the same sort of thing, I so feel for you here especially at this time. Congradulations on your pregnancy with your first child, and our God bless you both in Jesus Christ many times over and grant you healing and with it relief from your low back pain.

I will continue to keep you in my prayers Sis!
Peace unto you and all your house! (Hugs)
Thank you so much sister! I greatly appreciate the prayers and sympathies. I'm very excited to be a mom and so thankful the Lord has chosen me to perform something so great as this! But this back pain is hard and I'm praying it won't get much worse, especially in the third trimester and during labor. I'm looking pretty pathetic limping around my house, but hey it could be worse lol! I have faith. :relaxed:

Thank you again my blessed sister in Christ! May God bless you abundantly! :heart:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm currently pregnant with my first child and am in my second trimester. I'd like to ask for prayer for some back pain I've been dealing with the past week. Before pregnancy, I've suffered from chronic lower back pain. The pain is always in the same spot as I injured it a few years ago. It's hard to doctor it while being pregnant as I don't want to use anything or take anything that'll harm the baby so I've been doing what I can to manage. I haven't asked for prayer yet, so I figured that'd be helpful.

Prayers for a safe, comfortable, happy pregnancy and delivery! :pray:

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

A heat pad can work wonders sometimes. You can put one under your back when resting, or when sleeping.

I pray you will be relieved from pain and have a good delivery.

Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A heat pad can work wonders sometimes. You can put one under your back when resting, or when sleeping.

I pray you will be relieved from pain and have a good delivery.
Wonderful tip LoricaLady! For some reason I hadn't thought of that, even though I do own a heating pad. I will try that today!

Thank you tons for your prayers. God bless you. :twohearts:

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can attest to the heating pad, works wonders (the hotter the better for me) and I had never before tried it in all my years of pain (seems to simple) but and now I live with it on mine, and its pretty much the only way I am able to sit and post. Definitely give it a try. Good advice LoricaLady :groupray:

• Informative
Reactions: tryphena rose
Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can attest to the heating pad, works wonders (the hotter the better for me) and I had never before tried it in all my years of pain (seems to simple) but and now I live with it on mine, and its pretty much the only way I am able to sit and post. Definitely give it a try. Good advice LoricaLady :groupray:
It's funny how that works, isn't it? I've tried ice in the past, which definitely helped but just never thought of the heating pad for whatever reason. Glad to hear more input on the heating pad working well. Do you do any stretching or exercise to help with your low back pain? I've tried different things in the past, but always find myself growing lazy and falling out of routine eventually...which would be my own fault I suppose. :disappointed:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's funny how that works, isn't it? I've tried ice in the past, which definitely helped but just never thought of the heating pad for whatever reason. Glad to hear more input on the heating pad working well. Do you do any stretching or exercise to help with your low back pain? I've tried different things in the past, but always find myself growing lazy and falling out of routine eventually...which would be my own fault I suppose. :disappointed:

No exercise here Sis, its really a mixed bag of things. I got this SI joint problem (when it come to sitting) the fun sciatic nerve flare ups with another degenerative issue. For me, exercise often makes the matter worse. Wish I could say what could be helpful but each person has different problems and its not a one size fits all when it comes to suggesting things for the back. Now I used to exercise, I was a body builder back in the day and these really put a crimp in any of that. The low back can be so crippling. I pretty much went from being in great shape with a more muscular build into atrophying and I am in the worse shape ever. Really stinks too, you never get used to being "squishy" (as I call it) ^_^ And its not that I am prone to being lazy I just cant do what I used to, the pain is constant, you often feel like you are in the world trying to operation as best you can with this thing always in the backround (it never sleeps). It can wear on you. But if someone would judge my book by my own present cover one could easily assume I am likely a very lazy person because of the physical shape I am in. I know I would also make that assumption of me (if I were my old me) lol. I'd be thinking, girl, pull yourself together.

This is reocurring for me and desparation will make you look for as many solutions to try as you can. I typically dont buy books, I have made a few exceptions and this was one problem I made the exceptions. I think you might be in a better place to give something a try, I'm not sure but really like the guy who wrote "Back Mechanic" by Stuart McGill" I just got his book. You can probably find a video of him on back pain on youtube, he is no nonsense (I prefer that about him) and definately comes off much more knowledgable in these things (then the doctors we are typically stuck with) and you will get that sense about him. But check him out and see how you feel about him, he might be able to help, if not help you 100 % he also helps you to better live with the back you have now, which is sort of what I am stuck with and I do everything around it.

If you do and he was able to help to let me know, I never used ice on my back as you did I would likely go through the roof with ice on my back I think I prefer the heat lol

Hope you feel better though, we will keep praying for you also.

God bless you Sis:groupray:

Upvote 0

tryphena rose

Jun 3, 2019
Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No exercise here Sis, its really a mixed bag of things. I got this SI joint problem (when it come to sitting) the fun sciatic nerve flare ups with another degenerative issue. For me, exercise often makes the matter worse. Wish I could say what could be helpful but each person has different problems and its not a one size fits all when it comes to suggesting things for the back. Now I used to exercise, I was a body builder back in the day and these really put a crimp in any of that. The low back can be so crippling. I pretty much went from being in great shape with a more muscular build into atrophying and I am in the worse shape ever. Really stinks too, you never get used to being "squishy" (as I call it) ^_^ And its not that I am prone to being lazy I just cant do what I used to, the pain is constant, you often feel like you are in the world trying to operation as best you can with this thing always in the backround (it never sleeps). It can wear on you. But if someone would judge my book by my own present cover one could easily assume I am likely a very lazy person because of the physical shape I am in. I know I would also make that assumption of me (if I were my old me) lol. I'd be thinking, girl, pull yourself together.

This is reocurring for me and desparation will make you look for as many solutions to try as you can. I typically dont buy books, I have made a few exceptions and this was one problem I made the exceptions. I think you might be in a better place to give something a try, I'm not sure but really like the guy who wrote "Back Mechanic" by Stuart McGill" I just got his book. You can probably find a video of him on back pain on youtube, he is no nonsense (I prefer that about him) and definately comes off much more knowledgable in these things (then the doctors we are typically stuck with) and you will get that sense about him. But check him out and see how you feel about him, he might be able to help, if not help you 100 % he also helps you to better live with the back you have now, which is sort of what I am stuck with and I do everything around it.

If you do and he was able to help to let me know, I never used ice on my back as you did I would likely go through the roof with ice on my back I think I prefer the heat lol

Hope you feel better though, we will keep praying for you also.

God bless you Sis:groupray:
Oh, you poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear about all the pain you go through. My back isn't nearly as bad. I don't think I have any issues with discs deteriorating or anything like that, but have heard horror stories. I do have scoliosis, which makes it hard to keep a good posture and I'm sure doesn't help the state of my lower back at all. I managed to throw my back out a few years ago just by bending over to take the leash off my dog. When I stood up, it's like I saw stars. The next morning the pain was so severe and overwhelming, I nearly fainted in my bathroom. Thankfully my mom was staying with me at the time. After that I was stuck at home for pretty much a whole month just trying to recover. Even driving was painful the first few days afterwards. All that to say, I know how very debilitating back pain can be. Since that incident, my back hasn't been the same unfortunately. I'm very careful now in how I bend down and in making sudden movements.

Thank you for the book recommendation! I'll definitely be looking into it!

Have you ever had any church members pray over you for healing? I know different denominations believe differently in this area.

I'll be in prayer for you too sister. May the Lord God heal us both and bring comfort to our hearts in times of trial and pain. :relaxed:

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, you poor thing! I'm so sorry to hear about all the pain you go through. My back isn't nearly as bad. I don't think I have any issues with discs deteriorating or anything like that, but have heard horror stories. I do have scoliosis, which makes it hard to keep a good posture and I'm sure doesn't help the state of my lower back at all. I managed to throw my back out a few years ago just by bending over to take the leash off my dog. When I stood up, it's like I saw stars. The next morning the pain was so severe and overwhelming, I nearly fainted in my bathroom. Thankfully my mom was staying with me at the time. After that I was stuck at home for pretty much a whole month just trying to recover. Even driving was painful the first few days afterwards. All that to say, I know how very debilitating back pain can be. Since that incident, my back hasn't been the same unfortunately. I'm very careful now in how I bend down and in making sudden movements.

Thank you for the book recommendation! I'll definitely be looking into it!

Have you ever had any church members pray over you for healing? I know different denominations believe differently in this area.

I'll be in prayer for you too sister. May the Lord God heal us both and bring comfort to our hearts in times of trial and pain. :relaxed:

No I have not recently but I would be very thankful for yours (and we will continue to pray for one another). I feel for you, and I do understand, I get caught in doing much of the same type of things. I waver between what is worse a bad tooth or certain kinds of back pain when its at its worse, still a fence sitter on this one.

I do hope you are feeling better even now and through your third trimester (and beyond)

And no problem Sis, hope the reccomendation will be of help if ever you should need it.

God richly bless you Tryphena Rose! The peace of Christ be with you and all of yours!:heartpulse:

((hugs))

• Friendly
Reactions: tryphena rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums