Celizabethdavis

Apr 7, 2016
North Carolina
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I try to pay attention to the dreams I have because I've had prophetic dreams before. This didn't necessarily feel prophetic but it did feel significant, I just wanted some feedback on it. I just had a dream that I found out I was pregnant after I had sex with my boyfriend. Now, keep in mind that in reality I don't have a boyfriend and I'm still a virgin. In the dream I was 18 (same age I am now) so I knew that my parents were going to freak out over the pregnancy. I told my boyfriend in the dream (who I really liked, by the way. You know when you have those dreams about people you don't know and when you wake up and remember they aren't real, you miss them?) and he was very supportive and kind. I told some of my friends who were also very supportive and kind. I remember in the dream feeling nauseous. Later on I began to feel confused because I wasn't positive that I was pregnant but I showed all the symptoms. I went back and forth between the idea of having an abortion (which I would never do in reality) but I never mentioned it to my boyfriend because I knew he would never go along with it. The dream was almost more focused on the relationship between my boyfriend and I than the actual pregnancy. The night before I had the dream I had had a conversation with God about how it'd be nice to have a boyfriend but it's not something I feel like I need right now and I'm okay with being single for now. And then I have this really intense dream about getting pregnant with a nonexistant boyfriend and wanting to get married but not wanting to scare him and wanting to get rid of the baby but not wanting to upset him. It felt really real though and I remember feeling so relieved when I woke up because I didn't have to figure out how to fix the problem. Anyways, if anyone has any interpretations they'd like to share I'm totally open to reading them!!

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi there! It's best to read the Bible daily, trusting God to reveal the wonderful blessings that there are to all who trust His beloved Son, the Lord Jesus, and thus we can found our ideas and thoughts on sure, spiritual realities.

John's Gospel is a great place to start reading.

Upvote 0

HjartaoHamast

Jan 20, 2008
✟10,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm no expert. I think the pregnancy has a little more to do with the relationship itself rather than a baby. You have this idea about having a boyfriend. But you might want to change your mind when a relationship goes sour. Trust in God's purpose and he will bless your relationship. Everyone has their doubts before they get married. Because no one is perfect! Having the baby might have more to do with getting married. Let God receive the glory for this dream he has given you.

Upvote 0

JE5USFRE4K

Apr 15, 2016
Oklahoma
✟7,702.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dreams are often misleading at first glance. Im no expert expert myself but it sounds like tturt has this one nailed. Pray that God will reveal its meaning to you. I do know that a baby can represent a spiritual calling or new beginning.
For example, I had a dream that I beat my brother-in-law's wife to death and found myself standing there scared to death holding a baby afterwards. Now this is crazy because I could never hurt a fly. What was revealed to me was that she represented a part of my flesh that I was ready to "cut-off" or let go of. See she represented something in me. The baby was my new spiritual beginning without the bondage that was removed from my life. Shortly after I discovered this, I was able to lay something I had been battling down at the cross.
Take caution who you get advice from on this one. The best is to pray hard and ask our Lord to reveal it to your heart.
God Bless You and I will pray for you on this as well.

Upvote 0

Jisun

May 2, 2016
Seoul, South Korea
✟15,253.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your dream sounds really interesting. I'm sure a lot of girls (Christian and non-Christian) have this sort of dream at least once. We're all designed to want to settle down someday, marry, and have kids. We're also designed with a nurturing heart and personality.; on the surface, it seems like God's telling you that you're ready to take on a relationship, a serious one at that. Don't be afraid if you do feel like you do want a relationship-- be careful, though, of course. And don't get one for the sake of getting one.

I also like the interpretation that the baby could have meant spiritual maturity. The last stage of spiritual maturity (that I've learned) is "parenthood", where you're fully mature and solid in your faith, enough so that you can start teaching others and guiding them in their spiritual journeys as well as maintain your own. Maybe God was telling you that He believed that you are indeed one of His daughters, that you are well-versed in God's word. Like you would have been caring for the baby inside your body, and teach the baby and nurture it as it grows up, you can now care for, nurture, and teach your fellow brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ. I don't know where you are in your personal spiritual journey, but maybe think about this for a bit? Maybe it'll help you further your faith in Him if nothing else.

I also have dreamt about guys before (a lot actually) and what I like to do with them is to try and take the traits and qualities of the guy in the dream and possibly use them in your search for the perfect one for you in your waking life. What do you want in a potential partner? You said supportive and kind, which are definitely things you can look for in that special someone.

Upvote 0