• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Preferred dress code for church

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by ChicanaRose, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Looking my Sunday best

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
  2. Modest clothing or business casual

39 vote(s)
    68.4%
  3. Completely casual - shorts, flipflops, etc.

8 vote(s)
    14.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halbhh

Halbhh The wonder and awe of "all things" Supporter

+4,421
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I have trouble remembering what people wore. :) ah, but vaguely I do remember that an associate pastor just wore a leather biker jacket though, cause I just saw him up front signing a blues style version of People Get Ready this last Sunday. lol Kinda fun.

Why this dress issue even matters even just a bit past the simple basic thing about modest dress: --> because in too many churches in America, some of Christ's sheep have been alienated from that church, and sometimes any church at all (for now, even lost, for now), from being judged (wrongly) by members for some truly trivial dress thing.

They felt the not-love, the condemning judging, and they left.

It's heavy stuff, and so important to change.

Ok....back to the only kind of thing that can help, the gospel.

Here's that song he wore the leather jacket for:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Why would a Christian choose or want to wear something loose, lascivious or immodest? Perhaps you know some who do but I don't.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+8,667
    Anabaptist
    Really? That's a bit far fetched reply. I never said a suit and tie was good, let alone required....

4. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Oh, OK. I thought you were saying God would chastise those who didn't stick to the dress code. Must have misunderstood. Easy done on forums.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,667
    Anabaptist
    Any particular day , go look at the men and the women and the girls under 20 years old and some of the guys under 20 years old also..... even on television services....

It has been a disgrace for decades, in the untied states, both the outer ware of the church goers, and the attitudes in their hearts, far from God, while their lips praised Him.

6. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I so agree.

7. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,667
    Anabaptist
    A dress code might not even mention suits or ties.

In the small assemblies I've seen living right with Yahuweh in Yahushua at times,

they required modesty and appropriate clothes for men and women, girls and boys.

If too much was showing, they provided appropriate clothes for the visitors to wear during their visit.

8. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Oh well we don't seem to have that problem in the UK. And who judges that these people are immodestly dressed? I hope it isn't a heavy thing that would put them off following Jesus.

9. RaymondG

RaymondG Well-Known Member

+2,788
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You stated that you should feel free to wear what you wanted.....and not forced to wear anything. If you not discriminate against the one who has loose and lascivious clothing.....you are the same as the ones you speak against. If you feel you should be able to wear what you want....you should feel the one who has immodest clothes should have the same right.

10. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,667
    Anabaptist
    There are very clear instructions in the Bible on who judges the members in the assembly of the Ekklesia, and how to judge them as God says. Those who don't want to be with Jesus are free to stay outside. If they are rebellious and flaunting their bodies at all, they should not be in the assembly.

11. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    What is your meaning here? I thought in the context of the thread you were saying God will chastise us because of what we wear.

12. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Just because people are free to wear what they want, why do you suppose it would have to be loose or lascivious? Why would anybody who is in love with Jesus actually want to wear stuff like that?

13. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,667
    Anabaptist
    Some or many nations do much better than the untied states does, dressing properly.

The untied states have been compared to sodom and gomorrah, the sin is so great.

Even so far as "Nineveh will be rising in judgment of the untied states in the resurrection, because the people of Nineveh REPENTED AT THE WORD OF JONAH,
    and someone greater than JONAH has warned the untied states, and the untied states have not repented. (those who have repented, Yahuweh knows perfectly well, so there is no worry of false or unrighteous judgment)

14. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Fashions change. Women used to always wear hats in church but they don't now. They used to wear ankle length skirts but they don't now. It's probably the older end that see the modern clothes as immodest.

15. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,667
    Anabaptist
    If any of His children wear immodest or inappropriate clothing on the outside of their body,
    Yahuweh will chastise or even scourge those whom He loves,
    just as when they clothe themselves with anything inappropriate on the inside (thoughts, desires, wants, etc) .... (any sin that is not the sin unto death)...

16. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,667
    Anabaptist
    Can you see a man of God telling Him on Judgment Day -

Thanks for all your help God, but really, we had it made - we fit right in with the godless pagan culture and they really accepted us ....
    oh, surely that's okay ,

... right ? I mean , I know Your Word Declares it to be sin .... BUT, BUT BUT it is okay, right !?! PLEEEASE let it be alright ! ? Don't punish our sin - we fit in - with the culture of the sinful pagan world ..... to attract them TO YOU < yeah , that's it, WE DISOBEYED YOUR WORD,
    because we wanted to attract those in the sinful pagan culture TO YOU --- FOR GOOD, right ?

Yes, I know Your Word makes it plain that it was sinful...... but we really really did it for a good reason, don't you think ? Huh, God, don't you think you could let our sin slide ... ?

17. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+4,012
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I’ve never had this discussion in a synagogue or with a Rabbi or member of staff. We have a different concept of money and attire does not impede worship or oneness.

It isn’t uncommon to receive compliments during greetings or to give them yourself. It’s natural to do so. Luncheon is provided by the bar or bat mitzvah’s family. We have several dishes, beverages and desserts. Some weeks it’s more elaborate than others. But no one would complain because there’s no smoked salmon!

There’s rich and poor alike and we get along. Every activity is available and if you can’t afford to attend resources are available. Those who have more give more to enable others who can’t afford the membership fee to join and fellowship.

Distinctions aren’t an issue. We have more in common than we don’t and that’s our focus. I find the attitudes on money somewhat unhealthy. But I’ve learned a lot nonetheless.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. PoppyB

PoppyB Active Member

+256
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Did you give a scripture reference earlier as I would like to look it up.

19. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Catechumen

+3,244
    Ecuador
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    Yes, yet when you go to his home, you are worshipping along the angels and saints.

20. yeshuaslavejeff

+8,667
    Anabaptist
    Every point is clothed with Scripture , many Scriptures verify all the posts in harmony with all of Yahuweh's Word.

TORAH, PROPHETS, PSALMS and NEW TESTAMENT - pick one or more to look in, and a sub-topic ... ? (what point to look for)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.