Sep 19, 2004
Spring TX formerly Beijing, China
Visit site
✟16,783.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Most young-earthers beleive that the flood started at the Cambrian Precambrian boundary and that the earth was a tranquil place during the 1600 years between the creation and the flood. But, seismic data from around the world shows this to be anything but true. Below is a seismic section from Australia which show a major unconformity which starts about 1/2 second into the seismic record(the top of the green). Below that is demonstrably 1 seconds worth of sediment below the unconformity. Now, this is geophysical jargon. One second on a seismic line means that the seismic sound wave takes one second to go down through the sediment and back up again. The thickness of the sedimentary pile can be calculated by knowing the speed of sound. This is determined when the seismic is processed. The LUngkarta 1 well drilled to 1770 m deep and it passed the unconformity at about 530 m. So the well drilled 1240 meters ( 4070 feet) of section. The seismic section shows about 6000 feet of sediment.

After the 6000 feet of sediment was deposited, we have thrusting and contortion of the sediment. Then we see the erosional surface (bottom of the green). There was a period of erosion PRIOR to when the green (the Precambrian Wahlgu formation) was deposited on it. On the right of the picture you can see that approximatelly 4000 feet has been eroded beneath the Table Hill volcanics. There must have been time for 4000 feet of erosion--all this BEFORE the flood actually started. AFter this comes the red formation which is early paleozoic in age. These are the Table Hill Volcanics. Note that the sediment above the table Hill Volcanics is flatlying and undeformed. NO further tectonic movement occurred here and the sediments deposited by the flood are no more than 500 m.

Now, here is the problem for the advocates of a global flood is this. We have to have more sediment deposited BEFORE the flood than is deposited DURING the flood. We have to have all the tectonic activity occur BEFORE the flood and none AFTER or DURING. There has to be a long time to remove a few thousand feet of sediment by erosion.

The YEC leaders never tell their gullible followers about this. And the YEC leaders will never come to a forum like this to explain to the faithful (who have faith in them rather than in God) why I am wrong. They never show pictures like this in Creation magazine. Why? The thing that troubled me when I was a YEC was how little such data is ever discussed by these so-called YEC geologic experts. I challenge any of the big name creationists to come here and explain this to their followers. Where is Austin? Where is Snelling? Where is Walker? Please explain this data.

grmorton

Sep 19, 2004
Spring TX formerly Beijing, China
Visit site
✟16,783.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bump. Come on you young-earthers, explain the op for once, pretty please with suger on it? You guys spout your stuff but then when data is placed before you you run for the dark corners like cockroaches when the lights are turned on. Is anyone of you out there brave enough to tackle the data?

I don't want this in the quiet post.

Upvote 0