✟16,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey guys, I'm in search of some advice.

I'm an adult leader with a Boy Scout troop. I've been involved for over 12 years (since I was 11) and as far back as I can remember we haven't had any type of religious services within the troop. Part of a Scout is that A Scout is Reverent.

One of the big things about Boy Scouting is that the boys are encouraged to lead and take care of everyday tasks. There's a position within the troop called the Chaplain Aide and he is tasked with prayers at meals and short religious services.

I'm looking for topics that would appeal to teenage boys (11-15/16) and a simple way to coach the Chaplain Aide in giving a "sermon" of sorts. I bought a youth ministry book at a local Christian book store and suggested the Chaplain Aide read over it, but I think it's going to be too involved for what we need (it's more designed for a youth group setting). I may ask for it back and see if I can alter it to a usable short sermon.

If I have to, I'll do the services myself but I don't want to seem like I'm preaching to the choir. I'm looking to make these boys understand about Jesus and His love but not seem like their assistant scoutmaster talking over their heads.

Thanks for taking the time to get this far down, any help would be appreciated. Feel free to PM me also.

AdrocK48

Sep 29, 2008
Sydney
✟7,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
mmm interesting situation. i happen to deal with a variety of young studnets around that age. and fundly enough there are quite alot of topics you could approach.

somethings you could go into to help them understand Jesus and his minsitry... maybe doing a series on struggles like each week looking at struggles with family, school, friends, 'me' and God.
looking at different aspects of different aspects of our humanly things and look at Jesus response to these things.
also i did a sermon to 11-13 year old boys on the two ways to live... ala your either with Jesus or against Him kinda thing. you could also look at doing something like that.

Upvote 0