Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I struggle with inappropriate content...When I was am unbeliever, 5 yrs ago, it was worst, i had to sex to different women. When I became a Christian, I am stil struggling but got lessen like watching once a day 5mins and masterbating 2x a day, this is on going for 5yrs..i am going be married next year

I also suffering in Gluttony.. I'm not obese. I lost 25kg, but I regain the 6kg because of gluttony, i am still fighting it with the help of Christ..

Do I still can qualify like having a desire to preach? I mean in the preaching ministry. I really feels it's not. I have searched about this article, it says that it disqualified in the ministry.. pls be advice

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I struggle with inappropriate content...When I was am unbeliever, 5 yrs ago, it was worst, i had to sex to different women. When I became a Christian, I am stil struggling but got lessen like watching once a day 5mins and masterbating 2x a day, this is on going for 5yrs..i am going be married next year

I also suffering in Gluttony.. I'm not obese. I lost 25kg, but I regain the 6kg because of gluttony, i am still fighting it with the help of Christ..

Do I still can qualify like having a desire to preach? I mean in the preaching ministry. I really feels it's not. I have searched about this article, it says that it disqualified in the ministry.. pls be advice
Based on what the bible says about the pastor/elder position, you kind of need to have your own house in order before managing the house of God.

I'd recommend to build a solid foundation in your home life before considering being a leader of families in the church.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Based on what the bible says about the pastor/elder position, you kind of need to have your own house in order before managing the house of God.

I'd recommend to build a solid foundation in your home life before considering being a leader of families in the church.
Yes... The Lord provided me a house already it's 95% complete for construction

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Oh sorry, I meant your family relationship since you said you were going to be married.

When you become a pastor, the degree of spiritual oppression will increase.

So getting the marital life foundation to a place where it is solid, would be a priority since you mentioned issues with sexual immorality in your own life.

If you do not build on a solid foundation, anything you do will be like a building built on sand.

When you are responsible for many families, as a pastor, a shaky foundation can be harmful.

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh sorry, I meant your family relationship since you said you were going to be married.

When you become a pastor, the degree of spiritual oppression will increase.

So getting the marital life foundation to a place where it is solid, would be a priority since you mentioned issues with sexual immorality in your own life.

If you do not build on a solid foundation, anything you do will be like a building built on sand.

When you are responsible for many families, as a pastor, a shaky foundation can be harmful.
it's ok.. I'm just concerned with my touching yourself twice a day and watching inappropriate content daily. =(

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
it's ok.. I'm just concerned with my touching yourself twice a day and watching inappropriate content daily. =(
I experience church from a different perspective than other people.

Person who is pastor needs to be a strong cover for the rest of the congregation. If they're too controlling, too lustful, too greedy this is transferred to the congregation and can tear the community apart.

You could probably be a pastor based on the way the churches are these days, but you get an additional spiritual bullseye on you when you become pastor so it's good to have the general struggles overcome first.

Upvote 0

Aldrin25

Jun 7, 2019
Manila
✟34,975.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I experience church from a different perspective than other people.

Person who is pastor needs to be a strong cover for the rest of the congregation. If they're too controlling, too lustful, too greedy this is transferred to the congregation and can tear the community apart.

You could probably be a pastor based on the way the churches are these days, but you get an additional spiritual bullseye on you when you become pastor so it's good to have the general struggles overcome first.
I will... pray for me please

• Prayers
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus taught that if you look at a woman with lust in your heart you are guilty. Having sex with a woman you are not married to is adultery or fornication, both are wrong. You should stop thinking about inappropriate content and delete any links to it. Children were born to women who were not married and had inadequate resources to raise them. Some women were so poor they could not afford birth control. Others thought having his baby without his permission would make him marry her, but he left town instead. Fornication is evil. Masturbation is a waste of time.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You need to get control of your desires. It is not impossible to do. The bible tells us:

1Co 10:13 You are tempted in the same way that everyone else is tempted. But God can be trusted not to let you be tempted too much, and he will show you how to escape from your temptations.

Your lack of control will ruin your marriage, you need to fix it now, not latter. Get serious, get sober, and get rid of your lust.

At this point, you can not be a minister of the gospel, for you need to be in control of your desires. You can not preach what you do not do.

Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,242.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
On the one hand, it's probably true that you're not ready to take on a ministry now.

On the other hand, there is (or should be) a long period of preparation for ministry; and it's not necessarily bad to decide that that is your goal, and start working towards it intentionally.

One question I would have is, are you actually a member of a church community now?

Upvote 0

TheWordIsOne101

Aug 19, 2020
USA
✟16,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

greeting
see my post its called, there's a crack in your armor, maybe this can help

Upvote 0