Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
its very very very RARE to hear a modern day preacher preach that salvation can be lost.
This is biblical and we need the truth spoken over us. Blessings

Can Jesus be un-crucified? No, then salvation can not be lost.

You are either forgiven for sin or not and saved or not.

If the spirit of God is in you after baptized, then you are saved as the spirit will lead you and you are converted.

Also, we do not choose if we are saved, we are not saved by actions or good deeds or we are not saved by following the commandments.

We are saved by Beveling Jesus is the son of God and he rose from the grave.

With that said, its not being scared to preach you can be un saved,

If you believe in Jesus then you are saved period.

What do you consider salvation?

being saved from hell or saved in life?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And let's face it, there are plenty of folks doing serious things that need correction, no matter how pious we can try to make ourselves when showing up on Sunday . . .

Yes, knowing my condition (Repent should have been my middle name)!
MB

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟816,690.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
its very very very RARE to hear a modern day preacher preach that salvation can be lost.
This is biblical and we need the truth spoken over us. Blessings

I would never preach it for the simple reason that is not true, nothing can separate us from the love of God and noone can snatch us out of his hand. That is the risk he takes with us. We can lose a bunch of heavenly treasures but not our salvation itself.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would never preach it for the simple reason that is not true, nothing can separate us from the love of God and noone can snatch us out of his hand. That is the risk he takes with us. We can lose a bunch of heavenly treasures but not our salvation itself.

I like your post but, for one thing, God takes no risk. He knew exactly what He was doing when he chose us. Knowing who I truly am that really humbles me.
M-Bob

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is a hard topic to get right without sounding like works-based legalism (which is equally disqualifying).
What is there was a path where all who truly loved God were totally secure and yet also totally assured of bearing much fruit and good works?

It was solve a lot of the confusion about faith only vs. faith plus works, wouldn’t it? The faith only camp would be satisfied! as would the faith plus works group.

is there such a place? Yes there is. It is found in our putting off our old nature by faith and putting on our new man, our armor. It is found in putting on Christ Himself as our new nature.

We do not have to try to work here. God works IN US. As we abide in Him, we discover holiness to not be an unattainable goal, but a highway that we walk upon, yoked with Christ, and with Him doing the heavy pulling, lol.

You see, we have read about the truths that when Christ did, so did our old nature, and that when Christ rose from the dead, we too received new natures. But this confuses us. We still feel old, so we set about trying to “become new”, trying to deny self, trying to defeat sin in our lives. And..... it is not working, is it?

Something is obviously out of place. True overcoming and walking in victory seems impossible, so we have resigned it to the next life. But we are called to walk in holiness and righteousness NOW. What are we missing?

Twelve years ago now, God appeared to me and showed me what I had missed, what most all of us have missed. It is the instruction Paul gave us after those two important truths I just shared.

Paul tells us in Romans 6 that we are asked to reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive unto Him, where we actually, with our will, put off our old nature by an act of audacious faith, believing.... truly believing that the old us, the us we have been trying to reform, is actually not us any more. We are dead!

Likewise, we are told to reckon by faith that we now possess new natures, natures that not only want to obey, but actually CAN obey!

We are all about to awaken to this truth, and when we do, we will understand that there is ZERO conflict between faith alone and faith plus works, because when we walk in our new natures, God actually causes us.... yes, you read that right.... causes us.... to obey!

is this scriptural? Absolutely! In Ezekiel 36, where the new covenant is revealed, God tells us after this what we are all about to do.

“I shall yet be inquired of by the House o& Israel to do it for them” Glory!

We are about to be awakened to the glorious truth of who we are and when we do, we... both as individuals and as His church.... will never be the same.

Blessings,

Gideon

• Optimistic
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Derek1933

Jun 8, 2019
Abergavenny
✟16,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Can Jesus be un-crucified? No, then salvation can not be lost.

You are either forgiven for sin or not and saved or not.

If the spirit of God is in you after baptized, then you are saved as the spirit will lead you and you are converted.

Also, we do not choose if we are saved, we are not saved by actions or good deeds or we are not saved by following the commandments.

We are saved by Beveling Jesus is the son of God and he rose from the grave.

With that said, its not being scared to preach you can be un saved,

If you believe in Jesus then you are saved period.

What do you consider salvation?

being saved from hell or saved in life?

Even if you spend your life killing, raping and blaspheming?

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Why do you think Jesus died? I ask you a question here.

Did Jesus die for all sin, or just a couple sins?

We are human, with no real way to see or live with God on this earth. All we can do is follow who led us in life and wish to find God.

And in this path we try to follow in life God interviens for some, and leaves others alone.

Because of this Jesus died for all sin, not just some sin.

God knows we live in sin, God knows we are not perfect, so he made it easy.

Now, after his death, If we believe in him, we are saved.

The problem is, there are billions that do not believe.

The cool thing is, after you are converted by the holy spirit, you stop the killing, raping and blaspheming.

And you start to want to live for God, it's all about the converting.

Upvote 0

Derek1933

Jun 8, 2019
Abergavenny
✟16,136.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Why do you think Jesus died? I ask you a question here.

Did Jesus die for all sin, or just a couple sins?

We are human, with no real way to see or live with God on this earth. All we can do is follow who led us in life and wish to find God.

And in this path we try to follow in life God interviens for some, and leaves others alone.

Because of this Jesus died for all sin, not just some sin.

God knows we live in sin, God knows we are not perfect, so he made it easy.

Now, after his death, If we believe in him, we are saved.

The problem is, there are billions that do not believe.

The cool thing is, after you are converted by the holy spirit, you stop the killing, raping and blaspheming.

And you start to want to live for God, it's all about the converting.
Doesn't happen. "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God." 1John 3:9

And yet is John's letter we are told that all sin and fall short of the glory that is God and if we say we do not sin then we are liars.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟193,956.00
Faith
Christian
And yet is John's letter we are told that all sin and fall short of the glory that is God and if we say we do not sin then we are liars.
And you think those facts contradict what John said in 1John 3:9 "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God."?

1John 1:8 He is talking about those who deny having a sinful nature. (As born of God we still have a sinful nature)
1John 1:10 Is talking about the claim of sinless perfection. While sinning is not characteristic (Greek Present tense) of the lifetsyle of those born of God, yet there will be events (Greek Aorist tense) of committing a sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danielwright2311

Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

What does that have to do with Jesus forgiveness for sin?

Ok, so we know we sin, we all sin, there is no one who does not sin, so what your point?

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's the thing, though; for any given service, the preacher needs to look at the people, what's going on for them, what the needs of their community are, and make connections between that and the Scripture readings of the day. What I'm suggesting is that I don't see the question of whether or not salvation can be lost as something which particularly addresses the current spiritual needs of my community.

I think that is the big difference between willy nilly evangelical preaching and the structure of the Liturgy in Traditional Christianity

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Faith Alone...

And they always come up with killing and raping. :(

Makes me wonder how many under the Law would Kill and Rape if they knew they were free in Christ! :(

Being Free in Christ is so full of Mercy, I couldn’t imagine harming a human being in such a selfish way! That’s that new heart, thing.

Upvote 0

goldenboy

Feb 4, 2010
✟18,150.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is biblical and we need the truth spoken over us. Blessings[/QUOTE

I, myself would be scared to say it. There is no simple answer to the question, irrespective of how emphatic certain preachers are about the issue.

I John: They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out...

I still don't have a good answer, because other Scripture seems to contradict this. "Seems to" being the operative phrase. The Bible is 100% true, so, it cannot contradict itself, but, it may be veiled. I have my personal opinion, but, I wouldn't preach/teach it as doctrine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums