✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Corinthians 1:17 (NASB)

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel.

The great commission (Mark 16:15) is focused on preaching the good news. The Lord's intent was for us to preach the gospel worldwide. The modern church is obsessed with rituals, observing special celebrations, baptisms, weddings, and other ceremonies. As pious as these may be, ministers often forget or even ignore the simplicity of the great commission. Christ wanted us to disciple the world, not bogged down in procedure and ceremony. The church should return to the basics of its purpose in this world.

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟78,318.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed. I have also mentioned it in a number of other threads that many churches are obsessed with friendship evangelism.
We are to do this, but we also need to tell people outside our church the Gospel. It needs to be spoken to as many people as possible. Not just our friends.

Upvote 0

Chaleb

Mar 10, 2023
Florida
✟4,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 1:17 (NASB)

For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel.

Preaching the "Gospel" is very Specific and its a mystery to most Christians, in these last days.

What is it?

its 2 things.

1.) Its the "preaching of the Cross", as this is the "power of God unto salvation"

2.) its 2 Corinthians 5:19.... its the message of "reconciliation". Read it.

Those 2 are what you are to "witness" to others.......and that can be teaching, preaching, or any type of 1 on 1....where you are giving the person the opportunity to do this..

"Faith comes by HEARING"......>The Gospel.............and i just showed you what that is.....that thy need to be told.

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0