Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
ADMIN HAT ON
full

This thread has had some cleanup. Members who do not believe in the pretribulation rapture may post in fellowship only.
This is not a debate thread.

ADMIN HAT OFF
Thank you.

Upvote 0

Faithfulandtrue

Follow of Jesus Christ
Jun 24, 2014
✟40,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a little late here but I'm glad this thread was made. I want there to be a pre trib rapture. I am feeling anxious because of the idea of post trib and some people claiming there won't be a rapture. Anyone have encouragement for me? I want to continue believing in pretrib rapture. I haven't read through all the posts yet

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,403,914.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm a little late here but I'm glad this thread was made. I want there to be a pre trib rapture. I am feeling anxious because of the idea of post trib and some people claiming there won't be a rapture. Anyone have encouragement for me? I want to continue believing in pretrib rapture. I haven't read through all the posts yet
You will find every type of believer here. LOL^_^. My advice to you is keep your faith in the pre-trin rapture. It is the most reassuring. Read John 14 and believe it. And welcome. :)

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most people suppose He will be hidden in a cloud. Most people suppose He will not be seen. However, I can find no scripture to prove or disprove that.

I'm not sure where that idea originates either, except maybe that, post-resurrection, he was seen only by believers. Then combine that with what Christ said looking over Jerusalem below?

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. Matthew 23:39

(which would be the second coming, not the rapture)

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

I'm inclined to see the "bow" as referring to a covenant in some way, which was the first use in scripture - the rainbow. So I see it harking back to the covenant confirmed by antichrist in the midst of the week.

I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. Genesis 9:13

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Daniel 9:27

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not that I'm denying or disagreeing with what bible writer says ... But keep in mind that Tim says in the last days men will depart from the faith giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils....so some form of departure of the faith does indeed take place in the future....perhaps in a grand scale...but I believe in pretrib...just saying that people will fall away from the faith....

Perhaps it means both, and that's why Paul worded it that way, without explicitly saying "falling away from the faith". I tend to agree with Arnold Fruchtenbaum:

So, Paul is comforting the Thessalonian believers in that they do not need to be disturbed by any reports that claim the “day of the Lord” (i.e., the tribulation) has come. He says that cannot happen until other things happen first. One of these things is in verse 3 and translated in many English versions as the falling away. However, the Greek word simply means “departure.” This could refer to a moral departure, but it can also refer to a physical departure. From the overall context of this passage, we identify this “departure” as the physical departure of the church from the earth. Further evidence of this identification is based upon the fact that Paul earlier wrote First Thessalonians to the same group of believers and told them that while the body of Messiah (the church) will participate in the rapture (I Thess. 4:13-18), it will not participate in the “day of the Lord” (I Thess. 5:1-11). Therefore, we believe that the best way to interpret 2 Thessalonians 2:2 is that it refers to the “day of the Lord,” that is, the tribulation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm inclined to see the "bow" as referring to a covenant in some way, which was the first use in scripture - the rainbow. So I see it harking back to the covenant confirmed by antichrist in the midst of the week.

I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. Genesis 9:13

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Daniel 9:27
The Greek word translated as "bow" is "toxon" from where we get the word toxic. all through the Greek Septuagint, Toxon was used for the bow that shoots arrows.

• Informative
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure where that idea originates either, except maybe that, post-resurrection, he was seen only by believers. Then combine that with what Christ said looking over Jerusalem below?

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord. Matthew 23:39

(which would be the second coming, not the rapture)
I don't know why people insist on calling His THIRD coming "the second coming." Paul called the rapture a coming. That will be His second time to come. So what if He only comes to the air - it is a coming.

VERY good point that after He rose from the dead, He was seen only be believers. I cannot think of a scripture that states that word for word, but I think it is true.

That confirms what I think the last verse of Hebrews 9 says, He will "appear" the second time ONLY to those who are looking for Him. I have often thought the flip side of this verse means, if people are not looking for Him, not expecting Him, they will be left behind.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Many people who believe in a pretrib rapture, can't correctly find either the rapture or the start of the "trib" on Revelation's timeline.

Paul told us that the rapture would come just before God's wrath begins. In Revelation His wrath begins with the Day of His wrath at the 6th seal in Rev. 6. The Week (the 70th-week or "tribulation") will begin with the 7th seal. That is why I believe the rapture to be PRE-trib.

I believe John confirmed this, when He saw the just-raptured church in heaven as that great crowd, too large to number. Many people imagine this crowd came from the days of great tribulation, but the fact is, John has not yet started the Week yet in him narrative, much less arrived at the midpoint of the week (found in chapter 11). Jesus said the days of great tribulation He was talking about could not begin until after the abomination that will divide the week.

Next, this is the largest crowd in Revelation. There is no way those saved during 7 years would be a crowd too large to number. The raptured church will be in the billions of people - perhaps 50 generations of believers. (It would take someone over a hundred thirty years to count to a billion counting 8 hours a day, one person per second, 5 days a week.)

This is written and conclusive proof the rapture will be pretrib.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
When people speak of the "rapture," usually they are thinking of the entire string of events that begin with His coming, the dead in Christ rising, then those who are alive being caught up.

My point was simple: Paul used the word "coming" in this series of events.

1 Thes. 4:15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That is incorrect:

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." (John 14:3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why people insist on calling His THIRD coming "the second coming." Paul called the rapture a coming. That will be His second time to come. So what if He only comes to the air - it is a coming.

It's just to distinguish between his rapture and his return to earth in a way that those with different rapture-timing views would understand my thoughts (the purpose of language, right?)

Upvote 0

EclipseEventSigns

Jun 17, 2022
Western Canada
✟32,863.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a week in Daniel is a week of sevens =7 years the other 69 are also 7 years each week

"....UNTIL MESSIAH THE PRINCE, there shall be
7 WEEKS + 62 WEEKS". (Dan.9:25).
This is 69 WEEKS
or 69 "SEVENS" of YEARS
69 x 7 x 360 = 173,880 DAYS.

Sir Robert Anderson's discovery that God keeps a holy record of earthly days based on a heavenly calendar of precisely twelve 30 day months and a holy perfect year of 360 days was sheer, God inspired, brilliance. This unlocked the mystery of Daniel's prophecy of the 70 weeks. [/MEDIA]

This is a year old post but I feel we must critique this common and accepted view whenever it comes up. I used to believe Anderson's information. And Hoehner (in 1973) improved on some errors in Anderson's work. However, this whole proposal is flawed at the core and unfortunately needs to be jettisoned completely.

1. The entire method centers on using a 360 day year. No culture during the time of Daniel (and the Babylonian empire) used a calendar of 360 day years. The book "Babylonian Chronology" lists the calendar during that time based on ancient documents that have been discovered. They all used a lunar month based calendar which has a normal year as 354 days long and with a leap-month it is 384 days long. This idea of 360 day years comes from people who are ignorant of how the lunar based calendar is constructed.
2. The method assumes the 70 weeks began with the decree of Artaxerxes in the month of Nisan. Both Anderson and Hoehner assume the decree was given on Nisan 1. Otherwise their day accurate calculations do not work out exactly. However, Scripture does not say exactly which day of the month the decree was given. It could have been Nisan 1 or it could have been Nisan 30 or any day in between.
3. The method relies on the assumption that the equivalent day of Nisan 1 was in early March of our calendar. However, that is simply impossible. In the Babylonian calendar rules Nisan 1 must always start on the first new moon AFTER the spring equinox. This means it must always begin late March and into April. Again the book "Babylonian Chronology" confirms this fact. Nisan 1 never occurred early in March.

There are other things that disqualify the method. But simply with the previous three facts alone, the entire method of Anderson and Hoehner can not stand mathematically. It is unfortunately wrong. Many people have believed this method at face value for many years but sadly they have believed something that just is not true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Macarthur missed in on the 24 elders. If we leave them in the context of the throne room while Jesus was still on earth or under the earth, they cannot be "the church."
Point 1: Jesus was NOT SEEN in the throne room in chapter 4.
Point 2: Jesus was NOT FOUND WORTHY to take the book in the first search John watched.
Point 3: the Holy Spirit was still there in the throne room, when Jesus said He would send Him down as soon as He ascended.

What is the intent of the Author here? God is showing the readers a throne room of John's past. It was the throne room while Jesus was under the earth. That is why Jesus was not seen in the throne room, why He was not found worthy, and why the Holy Spirit was still there.

Then TIME PASSED, Jesus rose from the dead, was then found worthy, was then seen ascending back into the throne room He left around 32 years before. John saw Him ascend with the Holy Spirit, then send the Holy Spirit down. WHEN? Around 32 AD.

What did Jesus do next? He took the book and began opening seals. WHEN? Around 32 AD.

WHERE are we in the book of Revelation today? The church has been waiting at the 5th seal for that final, church age martyr. We could say, the church has been waiting there at the 5th seal for the rapture that will END the church age, and cause a certain martyr to become that final, church age martyr. Then, immediately after the rapture, the Day of the Lord and God's wrath will begin.

WHERE in Revelation is the rapture? Between the 5th and 6th seals.
WHERE in Revelation is the 70th week or "the tribulation?" The tribulation will begin with the 7th seal.

That is why millions believe in the pretrib rapture. The 6th seal will be opened BEFORE the 7th seal. The rapture—just before the 6th seal—will come before the 7th seal begins the 70th week.

What does all this mean? PRETRIB!!! The rapture is PRETRIB.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟84,331.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Anyone else notice how the book of revelation is divided? Particularly chapters 1-3 to chapter 4-19.

The 4th chapter begins like this ‘After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this. The Greek words for ‘after this’ μετά ταύτα (pronounced Meta Tauta) .

But after what? What was the theme of the first 3 chapters book of revelation? The Church, and only the Church of Jesus Christ. In Chapter 1 we are introduces to Lord Jesus who is walking around 7 golden lampstands which represents the 7 churches of chapter 2-3, 7 churches in Asia Minor which represent the whole church throughout the history up until Jesus takes His Church with Him.

Chapter 1-3 represent the age of the Church, the year of God’s favour (Isaiah 61, Luke 4). Let’s look at now verses 17-19 of chapter 1. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. 19 Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are [(καὶ ἃ εἰσὶν – kai ha eisin). The word εἰσὶν is the present tense of the verb ‘to be’. The Church IS.] And then verse 19 continues ‘and the things that will happen after this (μετά ταύτα). When? After this, after the age of Church. Therefore I am convinced, rev. chapters 1-3 talk about the age of the Church, then rapture happens and then starts chapter 4 onwards. Also the language from revelation 4 changes to OT language. We have the temple again etc. etc.

The problem with mid-trib rapture and post trib-rapture is that no one knows when the Lord is coming. Because if we believe in mid-trib rapture, we will know it will happen exactly 3.5 years after the revelation of antichrist. If we believe post-trib rapture, we wait 7 years after the reign of antichrist. The Lord will come like a thief to take what is His, no one knows when.

Also, the Lord says Matthew 24 37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark. I highly doubt that during the horrible 7 years of the tribulation people will be joyful, marrying etc. because they will be going through trial, definitely not after God starts pouring His wrath, who could be joyful? 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Upvote 0

iamlamad

Lamad
Jun 8, 2013
Home in Tulsa
✟101,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Anyone else notice how the book of revelation is divided? Particularly chapters 1-3 to chapter 4-19.

The 4th chapter begins like this ‘After this I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven! And the first voice, which I had heard speaking to me like a trumpet, said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this. The Greek words for ‘after this’ μετά ταύτα (pronounced Meta Tauta) .

But after what? What was the theme of the first 3 chapters book of revelation? The Church, and only the Church of Jesus Christ. In Chapter 1 we are introduces to Lord Jesus who is walking around 7 golden lampstands which represents the 7 churches of chapter 2-3, 7 churches in Asia Minor which represent the whole church throughout the history up until Jesus takes His Church with Him.

Chapter 1-3 represent the age of the Church, the year of God’s favour (Isaiah 61, Luke 4). Let’s look at now verses 17-19 of chapter 1. 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last, 18 and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades. 19 Write therefore the things that you have seen, those that are [(καὶ ἃ εἰσὶν – kai ha eisin). The word εἰσὶν is the present tense of the verb ‘to be’. The Church IS.] And then verse 19 continues ‘and the things that will happen after this (μετά ταύτα). When? After this, after the age of Church. Therefore I am convinced, rev. chapters 1-3 talk about the age of the Church, then rapture happens and then starts chapter 4 onwards. Also the language from revelation 4 changes to OT language. We have the temple again etc. etc.

The problem with mid-trib rapture and post trib-rapture is that no one knows when the Lord is coming. Because if we believe in mid-trib rapture, we will know it will happen exactly 3.5 years after the revelation of antichrist. If we believe post-trib rapture, we wait 7 years after the reign of antichrist. The Lord will come like a thief to take what is His, no one knows when.

Also, the Lord says Matthew 24 37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark. I highly doubt that during the horrible 7 years of the tribulation people will be joyful, marrying etc. because they will be going through trial, definitely not after God starts pouring His wrath, who could be joyful? 38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
Ivan, this is a theory, but it just does not stand up to good bible exegesis. John used "after this" or "after these things" or a similar phrase six times (if I counted right) in Revelation. What did he mean? All he meant was there was a transition in what God was showing him. In chapter 4, God had been dictating messages for the 7 churches, but then God called him (John) up to heaven (perhaps around 95 AD) so that we would have this amazing book to read.

Pre-trib, vs mid-trib, vs post-trib...did you notice that neither Jesus nor John pinpointed the beginning of the 70th week. It is my guess this confirming of a covenant will be done in secret, or with several people involved so no one will know who the man of sin will be. It may not be possible to count from that point. However, the abomination will be known by many, so people could count from there. The problem there is, Jesus will not return on the 1260th day. The week will end with Jesus still in heaven for the marriage and supper. So no one will know the day or hour of that coming either.

As for Noah, Jesus used the preposition "for" which tells us the one single aspect about Noah that he was making reference to: the SUDDENNESS of their destruction with no warning.

Chapters 4 and 5 give us the timing and context of the first seal. God showed John EXACTLY what He wanted John to see:
1. A throne room with Jesus NOT SEEN.
2. The Holy Spirit there in the throne room, when we would expect Him to be already sent down.
3. A search for one worthy to open the seals, but NO MAN WAS FOUND.

How could all these things be the throne room of 95 AD? Impossible! God was showing John a vision of the past - a throne room while Jesus was on the earth or under the earth. Why would God do that? What could be His purpose?

God wanted to introduce John to the book, sealed with 7 seals. But God chose to begin this part of the vision while the book was still with the Father. Since that was before Christ ascended, God had to show in the vision, a time before Christ ascended.

1. Why was Jesus not seen at the right hand of the Father, where Stephen saw Him? Simple: at that moment in time, He was on the earth.
2. Why was the Holy Spirit still there in the throne room? Because at this moment in time (in the vision) Jesus had not yet ascended and sent Him down.
3. Why was Jesus not found worthy in that first search John watched? Simply because He had not yet risen from the dead.

So after this, someone told John he could stop weeping - someone had been found worthy. What does this tell us? Jesus has just risen from the dead and was then found worthy in probably the next search. (I suspect this search for one worthy had been ongoing for some time.)

What happened next? John saw Jesus ascend back into the throne room he had left 32 or some years before. And He immediately sent the Holy Spirit down.

WHEN? When was the Holy Spirit sent down? As soon as Jesus ascended. WHEN? When did Jesus ascend? Around 32 AD.

What was the first thing Jesus did upon ascending? He took the book from the Father and began opening the seals. WHEN? Around 32 AD.

The first seal, opened around 32 AD, is to represent the church sent out with the gospel.
Seals 2-4 are to represent the devil's attempts to stop the advance of the gospel. God LIMITED them to 1/4 of the earth.

Because God sent the 120 out to spread the gospel, and because Satan was (and still is) the God of this world, people were MARTYRED as the gospel spread.

The 5th seal then, is for the martyrs of the church age. People are being added day after day to this group. Early on they cried out to God wondering how long it would be before God would judge their murders. They were told that they would have to wait for the very last martyr in their catagory: as church age martyrs. In short, they would have to wait for the final church age martyr. That is a HUGE hint to where the rapture will take place in Revelation.

Judgment and WRATH will begin with the 6th seal, so the rapture must come before that.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Pre-trib, vs mid-trib, vs post-trib...did you notice that neither Jesus nor John pinpointed the beginning of the 70th week. It is my guess this confirming of a covenant will be done in secret, or with several people involved so no one will know who the man of sin will be. It may not be possible to count from that point.
Did you notice in Revelation there is no private human covenant period!!?

What Covenant is mentioned in Revelation 5? The one dealing with the Lamb and the Lamb's book of life. That is mentioned several times during the rest of the book. That is the only Covenant, the Atonement, mentioned in Revelation. So the only Covenant that fits Daniel 9:27.

Upvote 0