Hornitos, California
✟15,761.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The first question: How will we be able to identify the signs Jesus told us to watch for?

:wave: I need a little clarification. Concerning His return as in John 16 16-33? or concerning the kingdom (Luke 17: 20-37)? Are you talking about His return or the end of the church age, the last days? Are you talking just about what Jesus said or what all scripture says? It a very extensive subject. :thumbsup:

Peace, Brother Bob

Upvote 0

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let me see if I can clarify what I'm asking. Jesus gave us several signs to watch for, for example, the increase of earthquakes and natural disasters, false prophets, false Christs, and so forth. There has been an increase of earthquakes and natural disasters in the last 100 years or so. But I hear naysayers insist that these increased occurrences have nothing to do with the last days. However, Jesus said the increase would be the beginning of the birth pains (or something similar to this). My personal dilemma is this, I don't know how to differentiate common natural disasters from those Jesus told us to watch out for. I lack discernment and understanding of biblical prophecy and the signs we are told to watch for. I'm afraid I'll miss the bus, so to speak, because I wasn't ready for His return.

Upvote 0

BrotherBob

Zealot
Mar 6, 2010
Hornitos, California
✟15,761.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: Let me start with your security as a believer in Christ.
Ephesians 1:(13) "In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation - having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, (14) who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.

The Holy Spirit of God lives inside you. God has made provisions so you will not miss the bus. John 10: (27) My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; (28) and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand.

His Word guarantees that nothing (including ourselves) can separate us from Christ (Romans 8:28-39).:amen::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BrotherBob

Zealot
Mar 6, 2010
Hornitos, California
✟15,761.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: Just keep your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector your faith.
You have the Holy Spirit who is our teacher. Don't dismay for Eschatology is a very tough subject for even the most astute teacher with many varied opinions.
But persevere and you will to led to the truth. We all have a lot to learn. Hang it there sister and we'll all help as much as we can.:cool:

Upvote 0

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you, Brother Bob. I am hanging on, but barely. I decided not to post in the main Eschatology forum anymore. I don't like the way we're treated by other Christians who disagree with us and with what we believe. So, I'm just going to post in here where it's safe.

Upvote 0

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This topic seems to be one that really gets heated. I'm not exactly sure why that is. I figure that since it isn't something that affects our salvation we should all just agree to disagree and not aggressively attack the other viewpoint and treat them like they aren't our brothers and sisters in Christ. But that is just my opinion. I personally would like to just stick to this thread also and I rarely post in the main Eschatology forum.

Regarding the signs that we should be looking for. I think we really need to just focus on what is going on in the Middle East, especially Israel. There is nothing that needs to happen before the Rapture can take place. Don't worry that you will miss the rapture. Everyone who is saved will be raptured (even if they don't believe in the rapture ;)). Here is a great article about what is taking place right now in the world and why we are very close to the rapture.

Upvote 0

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank you for your words of encouragement and support, Sojourner1. It's very depressing for me to see all the arguing, back biting, and fighting between Christians going on in these forums, particularly in the General Theology forums. I decided to stick to this thread rather than become someone's theological target practice. And thank you for the article link. I have bookmarked it and I'll read it later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whisper of Hope

Oct 4, 2011
✟12,000.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's truly disheartening for me to see so-called professing Christians bashing and belittling other Christians who stand firm on the Word of G-d and defend it. These so-called Christians try to 'rip apart' the Christians who refer to the Scriptures for the defense of our faith and for matters on morality.

The backbiting, quarreling, name-calling, derogatory remarks, sarcasm, insults, and false accusations are tremendously manifested in the vast majority of the threads on this site. All this goes on continuously while the Evangelism, Missions, and Witnessing forums are virtually abandoned and ignored. I find this truly sad and disheartening. I'm here to learn about Pre-Tribulation, which I believe is completely biblical, despite what all the naysayers claim in this forum. I'm not here to argue, dispute, debate, or fight over what I believe concerning the End Times and Bible Prophecy. My primary purpose for joining this site was not to argue or debate with other Christians or even non-Christians on what I believe or on any matter of the faith. I joined to fellowship with other Christians, to learn and to be discipled.

However, I'm finding that such things are rather rare on this site. I have found myself in the middle of numerous discussions defending the inerrancy and infallibility of the Scriptures. I have also found myself in the middle of numerous discussions denouncing sin and immorality. I'm appalled by how many professing Christians on this site who support and condone homosexuality and abortion, and other sins to boot. I know this is off topic of this thread, but I just wanted to voice my feelings in a safe environment where I wouldn't be verbally attacked and cruelly criticized for what I believe.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BrotherBob

Zealot
Mar 6, 2010
Hornitos, California
✟15,761.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: I believe that we are experiencing what the Apostle Paul was talking about in Thessalonians 2:3Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, In this correction concerning the day of the lord in relation to the apostasy.

The apostasy is sometimes defined as a great falling away from the faith. The word of God today is interpreted to fit one's own philosophy. We must realize that we are still infected with sin. Pray for those who would persecute you, hold to what is true and believe what God has revealed to you. Speak the truth in love and let God be the one to justify you before men. God bless:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BrotherBob

Zealot
Mar 6, 2010
Hornitos, California
✟15,761.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:wave: For the "the abomination that causes desolation" (see Daniel 9,&12) to occur there must be a rebuilt temple. It has to be build either prior to or just after the rapture for the antichrist to set up the "abomination" and put an end to sacrifice and offering at 3 and one half years into tribulation. (Daniel 9: 26-27). Check out this site thetempleinstitute.org.:cool:

Upvote 0