Status
Not open for further replies.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I used to believe in the pretrib theory... but I began to see things in scripture that just seemed to not work.

Today I am a post trib... understanding the the tribulation actually ends with the sounding of the 7th trumpet and that the 7 vails are actually what happens within the sounding of the seventh trumpt. Some would say this means I am mid-trib. But because of the language Jesus used and John used I still consider myself (if I have to be anything) post.

(How may WOF people do you see post-trib???) :wave:

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TheScottsMen said:
didaskalos
I am also WOF and Post-Trib. There are just to many scriptures to support Post Trib rather then Pre-Trib.

I find it interesting that more and more faith people are coming to the same conclusion. What is truely odd is that critics of wof say we just blindly follow the Hagins and Copelands.... but they (Hagin & Copeland) are very insistant that the pre-trib view is correct. I have never heard a "wof teacher" who was post trib.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just scanned a page of the link provided and found the following:

"...The argument presented is that "first resurrection" means there was no resurrection prior to it. First means first, and nothing could be before it. However, if you try to make the first resurrection all take place in Revelation 20 after Satan is bound and cast into the abusso for a thousand years, you must somehow explain why Jesus was called the "firstfruits of those who rise from the dead." Did not Jesus already rise? ..."

This is really the sort of logic upon which the pre-trib rapture rests. It is mixing apples and oranges and making grapes.

Anyways... I do not treat this as a pet doctrine. People will find out soon enough which ever way it goes. Someone said you do not have to believe in the rapture to go up in it. So I am happy with what I believe. If it did happen, then I would go. However, if I did believe in the rapture and suddenly found myself in the middle of the great trib... I would have to wonder.

Upvote 0

Atkin

Jun 29, 2003
✟573.00
Faith
Christian
ephod said:
jayswife29

I don't figure at all---only God figures when I live and when I die.

BUT as you study the whole of the prophetic you will see the idea of a sealing or protection on the saints. Just one quick example to show the idea of God sealing His followers.

Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Is that a clear enough example for you.

ephod

The Word of God and faith in the Word of God would seal you from the spiritual locusts

However, IF YOU MEET a bullet and it is your time, you will be called home to sleep.

REVELATION 13:10 IF YOU ARE TO BE taken captive, into captivity you go

faith and endurance of the saints...... ENDURANCE implies you will face some degree of heat.

Upvote 0

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
didaskalos-
I agree, most ppl do think we WOF'ers follow Hagin and the likes blindly without thinking. There are many things I do not agree with Hagin and lean more towards Kenyon. None the less, the Church and College I attend (http://www.lwcc.org - Mac Hammond) are very much Pre-Trib. Though they never go much into scripture about it;) Oh well! Hey, as a WOF'er im sure you have done study on Kenyon. You know by chance what his poistion was on the Pre-Trib? Of all his books never found any detailed information on his views on this subject.

In Christ,
TheScottsMen

Upvote 0
When we speak of tribulation and how long one must endure, we must first identify to WHOM are we speaking.

IMO,

To the Christian, we will endure troubles until the seventh trumpet is blown and the Beast reveals itself. Rapture in Revelation 14:14.... Thus, we will endure thought the seals and trumpets, but not the vials.

To the Jew and non-believer of God, they will endure troubles thoughout the seals, trumpets, AND vials.

So, when we speak of tribulation, we have to think about our audience, do we not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheScottsMen

Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
✟8,995.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Also; "Hilton Sutton, Thd" does NOT REPRESENT hardly ANY of the WOF Churches and our doctrines.
QUOTE "he dismisses commonly taught but unbiblical eschatological themes, such as an imminent economic collapse, a coming one-world goverment ruled by a world dictator....(Anti-Christ)". But rather then that during the time of the trib there will be great prosperity. It seems with those who find themselves in high regard for the Degree next to there name believe they are opening up the TRUE Light of Prophecy. Hal Lindsey did this in his early books to only watch them fall flat in his face. Im sorry, but study the bible with a pure sensefilled mind will only get your sensefilled things. Only by revelation knowledge does the Holy Spirit reveal to us.

Upvote 0

water_ripple

Aug 14, 2003
Visit site
✟1,561.00
Faith
Christian
I believe in a pre-trib rapture.

When a woman suffers the birth pains of child bearing, she will scream and cry and swear she is dying. (not all women do this, but believe me it is suffering pain) But is not the end glorious? A child is born.

Only God knows the hearts of men and women. I believe Jesus will come for those who are truly commited to God, and spare them the horrors of the tribulation. By the grace of God, I believe that many will accept Christ durring these horrible times and commit to Him as the saints of the ancient. Some will become martyrs for Him. But, on the same side Jesus' apostles also became martyrs. They did not murder any to convince them of the will of God. And to those belivers left alive by His will, they will bring more unto God. I belive these will have the protection of God to do his work. Of course I know many will have hardend their hearts to the will of God and refuse to accept Christ. They will accept the mark of the beast; their fate forever sealed. I think these people will be the ones who suffer the most. They will suffer in their own selfishness and pride, not to mention the plagues and such. I think these people will attempt to scientifically explain away the judgements of God to confuse and decive others. But, to those who accept Christ they will acknowledge the "evidence" as lies and see the glory of God.

When Christ returns to thwart the anti-christ it will be a truly glorious day. The son of God will return and peace and happiness will be born.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chris320

Charismatic Zionist
Sep 5, 2003
Brandon, Florida
Visit site
✟280.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
didaskalos said:
I find it interesting that more and more faith people are coming to the same conclusion. What is truely odd is that critics of wof say we just blindly follow the Hagins and Copelands.... but they (Hagin & Copeland) are very insistant that the pre-trib view is correct. I have never heard a "wof teacher" who was post trib.
My previous post was in response to this quote. I was attempting to explain where Copeland and Savelle get their opinions on prophecy from.

TheScottsMen said:
Also; "Hilton Sutton, Thd" does NOT REPRESENT hardly ANY of the WOF Churches and our doctrines.
Whether your particular WOF pastor does or does not listen to Sutton is not significant. Copeland and Savelle are leaders of the WOF movement, so who they listen to IS important. By the way, Sutton also has a big influence with ICBM(ORU) and Lester Sumrall evangelistic association. This is fact, not my opinion.

-Chris320

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.