Pre-trib Rapture=any day now! Are you ready to meet Jesus?

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have not ever heard of such a person. Therefore it's pointless to bring up whatever he may have said. I quote the Bible which has no epistles written by that person.

Reformers were protesters against the RCC, that is where the name protestant came from during the reformation. The RCC mounted a counter reformation to take the heat off the Pope who the protesters determined from the bible was the ant-christ little horn. Ribera came up with the futuristic fulfillment of prophecy, which is what you are posting in your posts, to counter the protestant teachings concerning the pope. This was done because there were mass exodus from the RCC and they had to stop it.

You would do your self well to study the reformation period and see what the reformers and the RCC did and taught. If you consider yourself a protestant. Because you are following a teaching of the RCC at the present time.

I pray you will look into this issue.
The Papal Origins of Preterism - Historicist.com

Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reformers were protesters against the RCC, that is where the name protestant came from during the reformation. The RCC mounted a counter reformation to take the heat off the Pope who the protesters determined from the bible was the ant-christ little horn. Ribera came up with the futuristic fulfillment of prophecy, which is what you are posting in your posts, to counter the protestant teachings concerning the pope. This was done because there were mass exodus from the RCC and they had to stop it.
You seem to think that only Ribera is the source of futuristic fulfillment of prophecy.

Daniel and other prophets of the OT had prophecy about future things way before Ribera did.
You would do your self well to study the reformation period and see what the reformers and the RCC did and taught. If you consider yourself a protestant. Because you are following a teaching of the RCC at the present time.

I pray you will look into this issue.
The Papal Origins of Preterism - Historicist.com
Your link starts out by saying that the Catholics teach Preterism.

But I have been posting about future prophecy. I pointed out to another poster that he was wrong to put the current President as the anti-christ who rides the white horse of Rev.6:2.

Now how does that equate with Catholic teachings, or with Preterism? It doesn't.

Just because a Christian has read the Bible and talks about the anti-christ and little horn, that doesn't mean that they've been exposed to any Catholic or Preterist teaching.

i think that you'd actually do well to better read what I've been posting.

Upvote 0

Gismys17

Jan 22, 2017
southern USA
✟5,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Believe God's Word!!!
Luke 21:36 36 Watch therefore, and pray always that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."
The "catching up" IS the rapture! The rapture is not the same event as the return of Jesus to earth.

• 1 Thessalonians 5:9 Translations

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ
But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be """caught up""" together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words. 1 THESS.4:13-18

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.(raptured=caught up) For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” 1Corinthians 15:51-54

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet.

What is the last trumpet in the Bible?

Rev 10:7 but in the days of the sounding of the seventh angel, when he is about to sound, the mystery of God would be finished, as He declared to His servants the prophets.
(Eph_5:32 This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church.)

Rev 11:15 Then the seventh angel sounded: And there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!" (How long is forever?)

Rev 11:18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

What happens at the time of the judgment of the dead?

Upvote 0

Matthew Twentyfour

Take up your cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rev 11:18 The nations were angry, and Your wrath has come, And the time of the dead, that they should be judged, And that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints, And those who fear Your name, small and great, And should destroy those who destroy the earth."

What happens at the time of the judgment of the dead?

Rev 11:18 sounds like a pre-trib rapture to me.

God's wrath has come, and at that time, the dead are raised, judged and rewarded. The rest of the world shall be destroyed.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 11:18 sounds like a pre-trib rapture to me.

God's wrath has come, and at that time, the dead are raised, judged and rewarded. The rest of the world shall be destroyed.

Tell that to the two witnesses who were murdered for their faith, before the 7th trumpet sounded.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

user385

Oct 8, 2016
New York City
✟36,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is a sign taking place in 2017 written about in revelation 12 and there is astronomy software which proves that the sign will take place in 2017.

There is 100% proof that God's prophecies concerning Israel are being fulfilled.

Read about the red moons and the solar eclipses of 2014 and 2015 which occurred on feast days on the Hebrew calendar.

Read about what events took place in history around past occurrences of red moon tetrads. Read about things that happened to the Jewish people around past occurrences.

Genesis 1:14 indicates that the sun, moon and stars are used as signs. Read about what God used to block out the sun light for about three hours during the crucifixion and about what God used to cause the ground to shake during the crucifixion.

Some people believe that the 120th jubilee (a jubilee is 50years in length) since one point in time is occurring and that the 70th jubilee since another point in time is occurring. Research the 70 weeks of years.

Some people believe Genesis6:3 may have a prophetic meaning and indicate how many jubilees will occur from a certain point in time to end times related events.

Some believe the rapture will occur on the feast of trumpets since some have referred to the feast of trumpets as being the feast that nobody knows theday nor hour of.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is a sign taking place in 2017 written about in revelation 12 and there is astronomy software which proves that the sign will take place in 2017.

There is 100% proof that God's prophecies concerning Israel are being fulfilled.

Read about the red moons and the solar eclipses of 2014 and 2015 which occurred on feast days on the Hebrew calendar.

Read about what events took place in history around past occurrences of red moon tetrads. Read about things that happened to the Jewish people around past occurrences.

Genesis 1:14 indicates that the sun, moon and stars are used as signs. Read about what God used to block out the sun light for about three hours during the crucifixion and about what God used to cause the ground to shake during the crucifixion.

Some people believe that the 120th jubilee (a jubilee is 50years in length) since one point in time is occurring and that the 70th jubilee since another point in time is occurring. Research the 70 weeks of years.

Some people believe Genesis6:3 may have a prophetic meaning and indicate how many jubilees will occur from a certain point in time to end times related events.

Some believe the rapture will occur on the feast of trumpets since some have referred to the feast of trumpets as being the feast that nobody knows theday nor hour of.

Some of us have already gone down the road of the "Blood Moons" predictions of Mark Blitz and John Hagee.

They both wrote books on the subject and then did not apologize when the predictions in their books failed to come to pass. I also doubt that any money was refunded to those who bought books.

Lets not go through the "Blood Moons" predictions again.
Christ said "No Man" will know the day or hour of His return.
How many failed predictions will it take before we believe the words of Christ?

The New Covenant was promised to Israel and Judah in Jeremiah 31:31-34 and is found fulfilled in Hebrews 8:6-13, and Hebrews 12:18-24, and 2 Corinthians 3:6-8.

The Olive Tree of Romans 11 is a symbol of the New Covenant Church made up of Israelites and Gentiles grafted together into one tree, through faith in Christ.

Therefore Israel and the Church cannot be separated.
Some of us are replacing Israel of the Promise with Israel of the Flesh in Romans 9:8.

We know from Matthew 3:9 and 1 Timothy 1:4 that genealogy is not a factor in the New Covenant promise.

Christ is the ultimate fulfillment of Israel.

He said the Son is the "heir" to the land in Matthew chapter 21, instead of those who reject Him as the "chief cornerstone". Those who accept the "chief cornerstone" are found in 1 Peter 2:4-10.

Upvote 0

Gismys17

Jan 22, 2017
southern USA
✟5,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires. 4 They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”

5 They deliberately forget that God made the heavens long ago by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water. 6 Then he used the water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood. 7 And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed.

8 But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day. 9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent. 2 Peter 3:3-10

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Th 4:13  But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 
1Th 4:14  For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. 
1Th 4:15  For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 
1Th 4:16  For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 
1Th 4:17  Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 
1Th 4:18  Therefore comfort one another with these words. 
1Th 5:1  But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. 
1Th 5:2  For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 

2Pe 3:10  But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 
2Pe 3:11  Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 
2Pe 3:12  looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 
2Pe 3:13  Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. 

1Th 5:3  For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. 
1Th 5:4  But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 
1Th 5:5  You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. 
1Th 5:6  Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. 
1Th 5:7  For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. 
1Th 5:8  But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. 
1Th 5:9  For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 
1Th 5:10  who died for us, that whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with Him. 

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You seem to think that only Ribera is the source of futuristic fulfillment of prophecy.

Daniel and other prophets of the OT had prophecy about future things way before Ribera did.

Are you saying that Ribera is a prophet? Daniel never said that there was a futuristic fulfillment of the 70 week prophecy that is mans interpretation as Ribera did putting a gap after the 69th week.

Upvote 0

Jezmeyah

member since 7-14-16
Jul 14, 2016
Indiana
✟32,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that Ribera is a prophet? Daniel never said that there was a futuristic fulfillment of the 70 week prophecy that is mans interpretation as Ribera did putting a gap after the 69th week.
I have no idea about Ribera other than what I very briefly read of that article you gave the link of. As I said in my previous post, that you must not have read, so I will repeat it once more. Just because a person reads their Bible (Daniel) and gets from it that he writes about future things, that does not mean that I have read or gotten teaching from Ribera.

If you don't see what Daniel wrote about the 70 week prophecy (the word prophecy always implies that its future), then you are Preterist and not me.

Upvote 0