Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I didn't ignore you.

I read Sophia's response to your post.

We can't discuss this forever.

As you said several times in this pre-poll discussion, it is time to move on to the POLL.

It is now time for the voters to decide.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here are the options for the POLL for the proposed 5.6 rule:

Option 1 - I vote for point #1 of the 5.6 rule
Option 2 - I vote for point #2 of the 5.6 rule
Option 3 - I vote for point #3 of the 5.6 rule
Option 4 - I vote for point #4 of the 5.6 rule
Option 5 - I vote for point #5 of the 5.6 rule
Option 6 - I vote for point #6 of the 5.6 rule
Option 7 - I vote for point #7 of the 5.6 rule
Option 8 - I vote for point #8 of the 5.6 rule
Option 9 - I vote for point #9 of the 5.6 rule
Option 10 - None of the Above (No Assigned Teachers)

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't ignore you.

I read Sophia's response to your post.

We can't discuss this forever.

As you said several times in this pre-poll discussion, it is time to move on to the POLL.

It is now time for the voters to decide.

I'm not sure Sophia saw the post that you are thinking of. But anyway, I will vote.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I looked at this post, but I also read what was posted in regards to continued discussion, blending, etc.

It's in the POLL stage now, therefore, let the voters now decide.

These rules and any of the other ones can always be revisited later in the wiki for further tweaking, etc.

At least, once these POLLS are over, we will finally have the last new rules for this last sub-forum up and running.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the post that I was referring to: http://foru.ms/showpost.php?p=39174886&postcount=294

Sophia did not respond to this post.

No, I guess I missed that one. I agree that your ideas should be taken into consideration, too, but it looks as if Daryl has already included your suggestions in the poll under Option #1. Am I missing something still? Maybe there are differences in wording that I'm not seeing.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I guess I missed that one. I agree that your ideas should be taken into consideration, too, but it looks as if Daryl has already included your suggestions in the poll under Option #1. Am I missing something still? Maybe there are differences in wording that I'm not seeing.

There are just minor diferences, so be sure to look at them closely.

But as for the one where I included the idea of an FSB, I was willing to compromise on that one if need be. But it is too late now.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Sophia, they looked the same to me also.

Woob, it would be a good idea, as I noticed reddogs do, is to clearly show in another colour any changes you have made.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Sophia, they looked the same to me also.

Woob, it would be a good idea, as I noticed reddogs do, is to clearly show in another colour any changes you have made.

Will you then close the polls? I think you will agree to the changes that I have made when I note them.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
5.5 No debate is allowed in this forum. What this means is that if someone challenges a belief, the teacher has a right to answer his/her question. If that person persists in arguing with the teacher over the matter, then he/she will receive a warning, and his/her post will be deleted. Upon repeat occurances, such a person will no longer be able to participate in Bible study. If that person is deemed as one that is not allowed to partcipate in Bible study, but does so anyway, then he/she will receive a 2 week FSB from the SDA forum every time he/she violates this rule.

This is the one that was revised by Woob, therefore, as Woob is the only one who has voted there, I have edited this revised one there in place of the other one.

Upvote 0
O

OntheDL

DL's proposal is in the 2nd quote of lists that I posted, however, as DL's list didn't address the 5.6 rule, it was inserted there from previous proposals and tweaking.

Hi Daryl,

The rules I proposed oppose the 5.6 rule. So a seperate a poll for 5.6 really wouldn't be necessary. 5.6 should be included as part of the option 1 of the first poll.

5. New Adventist/Bible Study Sub-forum - Option #2 (5.1 to 5.5 as proposed by DL)

5.3 All who profess to be SDA members can start a study thread. But posters should check the post history first to avoid starting too many new threads on similiar topics. Mods can combine similiar threads into a single thread.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
5.1 The main goal of this sub-forum is to create a welcoming environment for new Seventh-day Adventists, for fellowship and learning, so that they may grow in Christ.

I changed it from 'in the faith' to 'in Christ', to make it clear to all that our Bible studies are to be Christ centered.

5.2 Even though this sub-forum is mainly for new Seventh-day Adventist Christians, it does not exclude veteran Adventists or non-SDA Christians from participating in Bible study. All are welcome to participate in ongoing Bible Studies.

I chaned it from non-SDA new Christians to non-SDA Christians, because it shouldn't matter if they are new or not when they are non-SDA, because regardless of their time in the faith, our perspective is most likely going to be 'new' to them.

Also, if they see that it is only for new non-SDA Christians, then they may feel like they aren't welcome, and many will be turned away because of this.

Moreover, if any SDA is able to participate in a Bible study, why would we only allow new non-SDAs to partcipate? That is a contradiction.

5.4 Bible studies can deal with any subject that is in harmony with Scripture. However, no studies may be started that are in disagreement with any one of the 28 fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church, nor should anything that is contrary to any of those beliefs be inculcated within a Bible study. If one wishes to take exception to any of the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the SDA church they should post in the Debate/Discussion sub-forum.

I added this because by leaving it the way it was we end up with a loophole. People could not get away with starting a Bible study that is contrary to what we believe, but they would be able to express such ideas within the thread.

There are some that are quite clever and would take advantage of this, and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

5.5 No debate is allowed in this forum. What this means is that if someone challenges a belief, the teacher has a right to answer his/her question. If that person persists in arguing with the teacher over the matter, then he/she will receive a warning, and his/her post will be deleted. Upon repeat occurances, such a person will no longer be able to participate in Bible study. If that person is deemed as one that is not allowed to partcipate in Bible study, but does so anyway, then he/she will receive a 2 week FSB from the SDA forum every time he/she violates this rule.

This one need no explaining, as it is evident that it is quite different. However, I worded it in this way because I feel that some kind of explanation should be given as to what this rule means, to leave no room for misunderstanding its purpose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
5.1 The main goal of this sub-forum is to create a welcoming environment for new Seventh-day Adventists, for fellowship and learning, so that they may grow in Christ.

I changed it from 'in the faith' to 'in Christ', to make it clear to all that our Bible studies are to be Christ centered.

5.2 Even though this sub-forum is mainly for new Seventh-day Adventist Christians, it does not exclude veteran Adventists or non-SDA Christians from participating in Bible study. All are welcome to participate in ongoing Bible Studies.

I chaned it from non-SDA new Christians to non-SDA Christians, because it shouldn't matter if they are new or not when they are non-SDA, because regardless of their time in the faith, our perspective is most likely going to be 'new' to them.

Also, if they see that it is only for new non-SDA Christians, then they may feel like they aren't welcome, and many will be turned away because of this.

Moreover, if any SDA is able to participate in a Bible study, why would we only allow new non-SDAs to partcipate? That is a contradiction.

5.4 Bible studies can deal with any subject that is in harmony with Scripture. However, no studies may be started that are in disagreement with any one of the 28 fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church, nor should anything that is contrary to any of those beliefs be inculcated within a Bible study. If one wishes to take exception to any of the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the SDA church they should post in the Debate/Discussion sub-forum.

I added this because by leaving it the way it was we end up with a loophole. People could not get away with starting a Bible study that is contrary to what we believe, but they would be able to express such ideas within the thread.

There are some that are quite clever and would take advantage of this, and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

This one need no explaining, as it is evident that it is quite different. However, I worded it in this way because I feel that some kind of explanation should be given as to what this rule means, to leave no room for misunderstanding its purpose.

I just looked at the poll again, and I think all of your revisions have been incorporated.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, Daryl. You beat me to posting.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,574.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Seeing that woob's revision was edited into the POLL before any other voting had taken place there, the POLL is valid and will continue.

We need to stop the discussion stage somewhere, and this is the good place to let the course of the voting in the POLLS take their place.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Woob,

All those changes are in the POLL, including the last one, which, as you were the only one who voted there, I was able to edit in.

Wait, I was hoping that we could just make it simple and add the changes to both options. The last one should be the only one that should be regarded as a second option.

I think my reasons for making the changes are quite fair, as they make perfect sense.

Upvote 0