Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
DL may have been responding to woob's response, which also didn't address the 5.6 rule.

I think it is time to let the voters decide what stays and what goes, including what portions, if any, of the 5.6 rule remains or goes. There will also be the "none of the above option" in both POLLS.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is also the longest pre-poll discussion we ever had, however, we can't stay in the pre-poll discussion stage forever, which is why I am proposing the two sets of proposals covering 5.1 to 5.5 in one POLL and the 5.6 one in another POLL.

Are you suggesting a separate poll to either accept or reject 5.6 then? I guess that would work.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
There will be options for each set of proposed rules from 5.1 to 5.5 in one POLL and another POLL to decide on each of the points in the 5.6 rule. In other words, the 5.6 rule will be decided to be added or not, point-by-point, or not at all in a separate POLL.

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Are you suggesting a separate poll to either accept or reject 5.6 then? I guess that would work.
I agree with that. They are really two different subjects, when you think about it.

Although I think both polls should allow for accepting or rejecting of every rule within them. :) And maybe the 5.6 one have an option for "No assigned teachers", since some want that.

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Can't we just try to reason together, and blend our ideas?
I think we've done that long enough now, Woob. Some things I doubt wil lbe agreed apon by everyone, so a poll will see the majority.

Also, keeping in mind, that the majority still isn't participating in this discussion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DarylFawcett said:
There will be options for each set of proposed rules from 5.1 to 5.5 in one POLL and another POLL to decide on each of the points in the 5.6 rule. In other words, the 5.6 rule will be decided to be added or not, point-by-point, or not at all in a separate POLL.

OK, I understand. This whole thing is a little confusing with the constant tweaking. It's too bad this process has become so complicated, but I agree with setting the polls up to approve or reject these rules point-by-point, with an option for none of the above, also.

Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK, I am willing to compromise as I did with the previous poll, to make things easier. Is there anything about the one that I have suggested in my proposal that you feel should be changed, if so why?

Here it is:

5.1 The main goal of this sub-forum is to create a welcoming environment for new Seventh-day Adventists, for fellowship and learning, so that they may grow in Christ.

5.2 Even though this sub-forum is mainly for new Seventh-day Adventist Christians, it does not exclude veteran Adventists or non-SDA Christians from participating in Bible study. All are welcome to participate in ongoing Bible Studies.

5.3 The starting of threads and study topics in this sub-forum is limited to Seventh-day Adventists.

5.4 Bible studies can deal with any subject that is in harmony with Scripture. However, no studies may be started that are in disagreement with any one of the 28 fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church, nor should anything that is contrary to any of those beliefs be inculcated within a Bible study. If one wishes to take exception to any of the 28 Fundamental Beliefs of the SDA church they should post in the Debate/Discussion sub-forum.

5.5 No debate is allowed in this forum. What this means is that if someone challenges a belief, the teacher has a right to answer his/her question. If that person persists in arguing with the teacher over the matter, then he/she will receive a warning, and his/her post will be deleted. Upon repeat occurances, such a person will no longer be able to participate in Bible study. If that person is deemed as one that is not allowed to partcipate in Bible study, but does so anyway, then he/she will receive a 2 week FSB from the SDA forum every time he/she violates this rule.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can't we just try to reason together, and blend our ideas?

I think we've done that long enough now, Woob. Some things I doubt wil lbe agreed apon by everyone, so a poll will see the majority.

Also, keeping in mind, that the majority still isn't participating in this discussion.

Deciding things by consensus and reasoning together hasn't worked very well in the SDA forum previously. That's why we have this complicated process. It's less than ideal, but this is what the majority decided on.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We had discussed this first in the wiki before bringing it here, and are now into our 30th page here.

I, therefore, think it is time to let the voters decide what stays and what goes.

If the "none of the above" option passes, then that will mean that there will be "no assigned teachers." I will place the "no assigned teachers" in brackets with "none of the above."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecountrydoc

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2006
San Marcos, CA
✟48,164.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The thought crossed my mind, that before we even got started with these discussions, there had been some ideas shared as to having a continuing Bible study that would take a person completly through Bible basics. I do have such a plan that I did post a little about, but I hadn't thought much about it until the 'one month rule' came up.

If I were to start that study would I need to re-request to be a teacher each month?

Your brother in Christ,
Doc

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟981,204.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is what the options for the first 5.1 to 5.5 POLL will look like:

Option 1 - I vote for 5.1 (Option #1)
Option 2 - I vote for 5.1 (Option #2)
Option 3 - I vote for 5.2 (Option #1)
Option 4 - I vote for 5.2 (Option #2)
Option 5 - I vote for 5.3 (Option #1)
Option 6 - I vote for 5.3 (Option #2)
Option 7 - I vote for 5.4 (Option #1)
Option 8 - I vote for 5.4 (Option #2)
Option 9 - I vote for 5.5 (Option #1)
Option 10 - I vote for 5.5 (Option #2)
Option 11 - None of the Above (will be edited into the POLL)

Upvote 0