• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Praying to Saints? - Praying to those who are already in Heaven?

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Korean-American Christian, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Korean-American Christian

Korean-American Christian raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church

+2,945
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    No offense intended

2. Root of Jesse

Root of Jesse Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord Supporter CF Ambassadors

+3,139
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Totally incorrect, brother. Revelation tells us (Ch 5 vs 6-8) 'that seemed to have been slain. He had seven horns and seven eyes; these are the [seven] spirits of God sent out into the whole world.He came and received the scroll from the right hand of the one who sat on the throne.When he took it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each of the elders held a harp and gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of the holy ones.
    Rev 8:4, as well.
    So there are the saints in heaven with prayers from the holy on Earth.

3. Korean-American Christian

+2,945
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    My dear brother Seth, while it is true that we ask other Christians to pray for us....why would we need to ask people who are already in Heaven to pray for us/intercede on our behalf when we as individuals can pray directly to God our Father?

4. Root of Jesse

+3,139
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    It' all over the 72 books, though. Psalms 141:2, for example, shows the prayers as incense, and Revelation several places shows that the saints in heaven take that prayer-as-incense-to God.

5. Root of Jesse

+3,139
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    What kind of clothes we are to wear isn't anywhere in the Bible either. What does that mean-that we should not wear clothes?

6. Korean-American Christian

+2,945
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    My dear brother, the incense of Revelation that you mention and praying to people who are already in Heaven are two completely different things.

Apples and oranges, if you will.....

7. sethrak

sethrak Member

+127
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Married
    I pray directly to our God in the Name of The Father and of The Son and of the Holy Spirit. I still at times ask someone I respect who loves Our God for prayer. If there is power in prayer a battery of prayer will be noticed and answered.

I at this time am bothering, even pestering Our Lord with~well with important to me and mine things and have asked someone who I know and love to also.

Yet~you are right we can go to our God in person~still

8. Root of Jesse

+3,139
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    No, WORSHIP is something to be restricted to God alone. Prayer means to ask for something, as in an English court-I pray thee, your honor, to grant my request.

9. Korean-American Christian

+2,945
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    My dear brother, MY Holy Bible has 66 books of Holy Scripture.

May our Lord Jesus Christ be with you always

10. Friend-of-Jesus

Friend-of-Jesus Well-Known Member

+469
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    Wrong. The Bible has everything one needs to know to understand that heroin is bad. All truth is in the Bible and nowhere else. Those who keep parts of corpses of "saints" and kiss them and pray to them, clearly worship them in the most direct sense of the word. Pagan idolatry.

Only God is worthy of worship and veneration and prayer. Nobody else.

11. Korean-American Christian

+2,945
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    My dear brother, thank you for that clarification.

I stand corrected

12. Root of Jesse

+3,139
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    For the same reason we ask our brothers and sisters on earth to pray for us. Because it's good to pray for others. Can we really do anything for the one requesting the prayer?
    I have prostate cancer, and I know that people pray for me. Can they do anything for me, but pray? But it is good for someone to show care for someone other than yourself. So praying for someone is a good thing, but God alone can do anything.

13. Root of Jesse

+3,139
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Not really, if you believe that those in heaven (which are the holy of God) are alive...

14. Korean-American Christian

+2,945
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    I completely agree....the Bible shows us that substance abuse is bad for the body

15. Root of Jesse

+3,139
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    To the bolded, we believe there is power in association, and something that literally touched someone we consider holy is powerful. Venerating them (which is different from the worship due to God) is something else. Also, nowhere are we required to do something like that. We are required to worship God.

16. Root of Jesse

+3,139
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Constitution
    But heroin, properly used, does have a medical good benefit for some instances. Abuse of such a thing is different.

17. Korean-American Christian

+2,945
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Private
    US-Green
    I was not aware of the medicinal benefits of heroin

18. Friend-of-Jesus

Friend-of-Jesus Well-Known Member

+469
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    To venerate is to worship. If a murderer says, I don't murder I simply take lives, it doesn't change the action and the results the least bit...

19. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,035
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Hebrews 7.25 is a great verse! all about the sufficiency of Christ and His Cross!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. AvilaSurfer

AvilaSurfer Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,806
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    LOL OK

Thread Status: