✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Some thoughts on BABYLON....

WHO DOES BABYLON THE HARLOT WOMAN REPRESENT IN THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS?

REVELATION 14:8 [8], And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

NOTE: BABYLON is being portrayed here in REVELATION 14:8 as an UNFAITHFUL WOMAN.

Similar warnings and scriptures are also found in REVELATIONS 17:1-5 where BABYLON is described as an UNFAITHFUL WOMAN [HARLOT] sitting on the SCARLET COLORED BEAST which is connected to those receiving the MARK OF THE BEAST in REVELATIONS 14:9-10. While REVELATIONS 18:1-10 is a call for God’s people to come out of BABYLON that they do not receive the judgments of God which are connected to the BEASTS MARK. Let’s look at some of these scriputres.

REVELATIONS 17:1-5
[1], And there came one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls, and talked with me, saying unto me, come here; I will show unto you the judgment of the GREAT HARLOT THAT SITS ON MANY WATERS:
[2], With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
[3], So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sitting upon a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
[4], And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet color, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
[5], And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

NOTE: Here we have the WOMAN who is said to be a HARLOT that sits on many waters also a scarlot colored BEAST. This WOMEN HARLOT is named BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. These scriptures link directly to …

REVELATION 14:8 [8], And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

NOTE: BABYLON therefore in REVELATIONS represents a WOMAN that is the MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. A WOMAN in bible prophecy represents God’s professed people. A PURE WOMAN represents God’s true Church *JEREMAIAH 6:2; 2 CORINTHIANS 11:2; EPHESIANS 5:23-27, while an UNFAITHFUL WORMAN or HARLOT represents an APOSTATE CHURCH that is UNFAITHFUL to GOD and his WORD *EZEKIEL 16:15-58; 23:2-21; HOSEA 2:5; 3:1; REVELATION 14:4. Let’s look at the scriptures. Therefore, BABYLON that is connected that sits on the BEAST represents a CORRUPT RELIGIOUS POLITICAL POWER. It sits on many WATERS *REVELATION 17:1 which is symbolic of this CORRUPT RELIGIOUS POLITICAL POWER having influence over many people…

REVELATION 17:15, And he said unto me, The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

She commits FORNICATION with the KINGS of the EARTH which means this is as WORLD-WIDE RELIGEOUS movement *REVELATIONS 17:2

This WORLD-WIDE CORRUPT RELIGEOUS POWER IS ALSO SAID TO BE THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS. This is many CORRUPT RELIGEOUS CHURCHES have come out of BABYLON. Now BABYLON represents confusion it is a world-wide corrupt religious political Church that has influence with all the kings of the earth.

IMPORTANT NOTE: We need to stop here to make something clear before proceeding further in identifying who BABYLON represents. These scriptures are NOT TALKING ABOUT THE PEOPLE IN THESE CHURCHES! God has many of his people inside these corrupt Churches. How do we know this? Please pay attention to the following scriptures.

REVELATIONS 18:1-10
[1], And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was made bright with his glory.
[2], And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of demons, and the haunt of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
[3], For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have grown rich through the abundance of her luxury.
[4], And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE, THAT YOU BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER SINS, AND THAT YOU RECEIVE NOT OF HER PLAGUES.
[5], For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.

God has his people in BABYLON which represents CORRUPT APOSTATE CHRISTIANITY. God’s WORD goes on to say…

JOHN 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one-fold, and one shepherd.

JOHN 4:21-24
[21], Jesus said unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour comes, when you shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
[22], You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
[23], But the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him.
[24], God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

CONCLUSION:
God has his people in EVERY CHURCH. Not all these Churches are following God or his WORD. Not all these Churches are faithful to God or his WORD. It is not the people in these Churches that God hates and will send judgements to it is the Churches and the people in them that lead his people away from his WORD to break his commandments and those who follow these Churches instead of God's WORD. God has his people in all these Churches and is calling his true people out of these Churches to worship him and follow him in Spirit and in truth according to the WORD of GOD. It is because of his great love to us that before the judgments of God fall on these Churches, GOD will call his true followers OUT of these corrupt unfaithful Churches to follow him according to his WORD. Those that stay behind to follow these Chruch's will receive the judgments of God *REVELATION 17:1-5; REVELATION 14:9-12.

BABYLON represents the Mother Church; the Roman Catholic Church (not the people in it) and the fallen Protestant Churches (not the people). God has his people in every Church and loves them all. He is calling them out to whoship him in Spirit and in truth according to his Word.

God's sheep hear his Voice (the Word)

God bless...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe Christ's promise to his Church. He has protected his Church from the beginning and continues today.

And you are now trying to squeeze me into the same conundrum any number of people have tried to repeatedly squeeze me into, that being to choose between Christ's Church and them.

Hi brother, do you have to choose between Christ and God's church? Who is God's Church according to God's WORD? I will posts some helpful scriptures with God's WORD showing who God's church is in the NEW COVEANT.

God bless.

Upvote 0