United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Here's but one example:

O Mary, Virgin most powerful and Mother of mercy, Queen of Heaven and Refuge of sinners, we consecrate ourselves to thine Immaculate Heart.

We consecrate to thee our very being and our whole life; all that we have, all that we love, all that we are. To thee we give our bodies, our hearts and our souls; to thee we give our homes, our families, our country.
We desire that all that is in us and around us may belong to thee, and may share in the benefits of thy motherly benediction. And that this act of consecration may be truly efficacious and lasting, we renew this day at thy feet the promises of our Baptism and our first Holy Communion.
We pledge ourselves to profess courageously and at all times the truths of our holy Faith, and to live as befits Catholics who are duly submissive to all the directions of the Pope and the Bishops in communion with him.
We pledge ourselves to keep the commandments of God and His Church, in particular to keep holy the Lord's Day.
We likewise pledge ourselves to make the consoling practices of the Christian religion, and above all, Holy Communion, an integral part of our lives, in so far as we shall be able so to do.
Finally, we promise thee, O glorious Mother of God and loving Mother of men, to devote ourselves whole-heartedly to the service of thy blessed cult, in order to hasten and assure, through the sovereignty of thine Immaculate Heart, the coming of the kingdom of the Sacred Heart of thine adorable Son, in our own hearts and in those of all men, in our country and in all the world, as in heaven. so on earth. Amen.

EWTN - Prayers

Upvote 0

Friend-of-Jesus

Jul 21, 2017
Alberta
✟45,031.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's but one example:

O Mary, Virgin most powerful and Mother of mercy, Queen of Heaven and Refuge of sinners, we consecrate ourselves to thine Immaculate Heart.

We consecrate to thee our very being and our whole life; all that we have, all that we love, all that we are. To thee we give our bodies, our hearts and our souls; to thee we give our homes, our families, our country.
We desire that all that is in us and around us may belong to thee, and may share in the benefits of thy motherly benediction. And that this act of consecration may be truly efficacious and lasting, we renew this day at thy feet the promises of our Baptism and our first Holy Communion.
We pledge ourselves to profess courageously and at all times the truths of our holy Faith, and to live as befits Catholics who are duly submissive to all the directions of the Pope and the Bishops in communion with him.
We pledge ourselves to keep the commandments of God and His Church, in particular to keep holy the Lord's Day.
We likewise pledge ourselves to make the consoling practices of the Christian religion, and above all, Holy Communion, an integral part of our lives, in so far as we shall be able so to do.
Finally, we promise thee, O glorious Mother of God and loving Mother of men, to devote ourselves whole-heartedly to the service of thy blessed cult, in order to hasten and assure, through the sovereignty of thine Immaculate Heart, the coming of the kingdom of the Sacred Heart of thine adorable Son, in our own hearts and in those of all men, in our country and in all the world, as in heaven. so on earth. Amen.

EWTN - Prayers

This is putting Mary in the place of God!

• Agree
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What about when they tell Mary that they "consecrate" themselves to her, "body and soul" and everything they own and tell her to do with them and their possessions as she wishes?

What about when they tell Mary they are her "slaves"?

What about when they "ask" Mary to obtain their salvation for them?

Read what I posted. It's all about Jesus. Don't let your bigotry blind you.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Read what I posted. It's all about Jesus. Don't let your bigotry blind you.

I am referring to what I asked you when I gave you terminology used in "Marian Prayers."

But go ahead, refuse to answer and choose instead to called me a bigot.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That is a lie. Catholics would never do that.

Read this:

EWTN - Prayers

And please stop calling people liars and blinded bigots.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am referring to what I asked you when I gave you terminology used in "Marian Prayers."

But go ahead, refuse to answer and choose instead to called me a bigot.

I did answer. It is all about Jesus. Mary is the perfect example of obedience to Jesus.

If you follow her example you will grow closer to Christ.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I did answer. It is all about Jesus. Mary is the perfect example of obedience to Jesus.

If you follow her example you will grow closer to Christ.

This is "all about Jesus"???

EWTN - Prayers

That prayer is addressed solely to Mary by those who consecrate themselves to her "body, heart and soul."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Whoever composed the texts that were quoted above, were deifying Mary. It's unacceptable. It's idolatry. It's shamanism.

You are mistaken. Consecration to Mary is not deification. Please stop lying about Catholics.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is "all about Jesus"???

EWTN - Prayers

Thag prayer is addressed solely to Mary by those who consecrate themselves to her "body, heart and soul."

Absolutely.

You will not find any better Christians than those who sincerely consecrate their lives to Mary.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You are mistaken. Consecration to Mary is not deification. Please stop lying about Catholics.

Please stop with the personal insults and enter into respectful discussion as to why such a prayer, addressed to anyone but God, is even remotely okay?

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Absolutely.

You will not find any better Christians than those who sincerely consecrate their lives to Mary.

How about those who sincerely consecrate their lives to Christ?

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please stop with the personal insults and enter into respectful discussion as to why such a prayer, addressed to anyone but God, is even remotely okay?

Are you joking? I said stop lying. That's not an insult. I reported the post so hopefully it will be taken care of.

Asking someone holy to pray for us is biblical. It is not only OK, it is encouraged.

Who better to pray for us than the Mother of Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Are you joking? I said stop lying. That's not an insult. I reported the post so hopefully it will be taken care of.

Asking someone holy to pray for us is biblical. It is not only OK, it is encouraged.

You specifically called members liars and blinded bigots. Shall I report that as well?

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You specifically called members liars and blinded bigots. Shall I report that as well?

I didn't call anyone anything. I said stop lying. Why do you feel entitled to come here and LIE about the beliefs of Catholics? Who does that? A Christian?

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's but one example:

EWTN - Prayers
Whew...

Forgive me...

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Who better to intercede for us than our Mediator and High Priest?

How about Jesus?

I honestly don't desire anyone else interceding in Heaven on my behalf.

Upvote 0

Friend-of-Jesus

Jul 21, 2017
Alberta
✟45,031.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[Staff edit].

Anacreon - A Prayer to Virgin Artemis

"On my knees do I entreat thee, O Pheraean
Goddess golden - O virgin Mother of great god.
Come with all thy train of nymphs Pelasgian
To Lethe's whirlpools.

Daughter of Zeus, swift slayer of the mountain Deer,
View propitiously this suffering city.
Cheer thy stricken people; no barbarous citizens
Crave thy divine aid."

Same cult, just change of names...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.