Not open for further replies.

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand which part of John 14:6 they don't understand . Did they remove this verse from thier bible of they simply ignore it's egsistance?

Most people now don't realise how hard it was to actually pray to God before church age , there had to be high-priest from tribe of Levi , moreover only sons of Aaron could be high-priest and it was only once a year and not without blood !

Now you have Christ himself as the most high king and priest sitting on right hand of his Father , meaning that his work is completed , back in day Levi priests could not sit in holy of holys because there was nothing to sit on , thier job was not finished .

Since you have your king and priest praying for you right now , maybe you could pray to him only and his name is Jesus Christ not Mary , how hard is it to understand for there people ?

Hebrews 4:14-16

Every time you pray to Mary you blasphemy your high priest and king Jesus Christ , keep doing that but you will be judged for it i'm just saying what bible says about it .

Faith, and to all who do not believe in praying to the saints in Heaven, Tell me if you Pray to satan or to any of his demon angles will he and they hear you and come to you, and haunt you, if you ask him??? The Answer is YES!!!

Faith, if you practice black Magic and cast spells at people, will it work? The Answer is YES!!! And most importantly why would it work??? The answer is because they can hear your prayer to them.

So that being Truth! If you can speak to the demonic and they hear you and answer your prayer, how much more can the Saints and Angles in Heaven hear you and answer you by the Grace of God???

Speaking/Praying to Mary is not Blasphemous, did not the Lord Give Mary to US at the Cross, as our Mother? John, is the figure of us all, all who call themselves Christians, that is.

Even Jesus Spoke to the dead, Moses and Elijah at the Transfiguration on the mount. If Jesus Christ can speak/pray to the dead, however alive in Christ, we can too, or is the Lord leading us in error for speaking to the dead, in Christ??? Answer me this last question.

Faith, it was Martin Luther that added the word "Alone". A mere man in the 15th
century you should be worried about that, and not about praying/speaking to the Saints in Heaven, which Scripture proves that Jesus Christ did, Himself! Amen Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Asking someone to pray for you is one thing. Erecting a statue of that person, lighting candles and burning intense to it, kneeling before it and rattling off 53 rosary beads of "Hail Person I Want To Pray For Me" is quite another.

Asking those in heaven to pray for us is biblical. Catholics are forbidden from worshiping anyone one but God.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Mary is not GOD and so must not be prayed to.

Pray just means "to ask". We should ask those who are holy to pray for us. They prayers of the righteous are powerful and effective. The righteous in heaven can carry our prayers to God.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Asking others to pray for you is what Catholics ask of Mary, other saints, and our friends here on earth.

I know that's the official position, having been raised in the RCC. But it goes a bit beyond that.

praying%2Bwith%2BMary.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Citations please.

Rev 5:8
And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God's people.

James 5:16
. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it doesn't. You should try to avoid bearing false witness.

I speak as someone who was raised and confirmed in the RCC. Consecrations to Mary go way, WAY beyond simply asking her to pray for us.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev 5:8
And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of God's people.

Still waiting for a Bible verse telling us to Pray to people in heaven...

James 5:16
. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

And since this verse tells believers to pray for each other, and does not tell them to pray to people in heaven...still waiting..........

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I speak as someone who was raised and confirmed in the RCC. Consecrations to Mary go way, WAY beyond simply asking her to pray for us.

Exactly. Thank you for speaking up about this.

God bless.

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Friend-of-Jesus

Jul 21, 2017
Alberta
✟45,031.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pray just means "to ask". We should ask those who are holy to pray for us. They prayers of the righteous are powerful and effective. The righteous in heaven can carry our prayers to God.

I used to be shamanist and worshiped diseased spirits and prayed to them. This is same same. God is God.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

My wife was raised Catholic too but never learned her faith until she was in her 30s.

Catholics worship God alone. To claim otherwise is bearing false witness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Still waiting for a Bible verse telling us to Pray to people in heaven...

And since this verse tells believers to pray for each other, and does not tell them to pray to people in heaven...still waiting..........

Did you forget this?

John 11:26
And everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

We remain part of the body of Christ when we leave our bodies behind.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
My wife was raised Catholic too but never learned her faith until she was in her 30s.

Catholics worship God alone. To claim otherwise is bearing false witness.

What about when they tell Mary that they "consecrate" themselves to her, "body and soul" and everything they own and tell her to do with them and their possessions as she wishes?

What about when they tell Mary they are her "slaves"?

What about when they "ask" Mary to obtain their salvation for them?

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What about when they tell Mary that they "consecrate" themselves to her, "body and soul" and everything they own and tell her to do with them and their possessions as she wishes?

What about when they tell Mary they are her "slaves"?

What about when they "ask" Mary to obtain their salvation for them?

What does that mean. What does Mary tell us? Listen to Jesus. Submit completely to him as Mary did.

That is her wish for us.

FYI:

970 "Mary's function as mother of men in no way obscures or diminishes this unique mediation of Christ, but rather shows its power. But the Blessed Virgin's salutary influence on men flows forth from the superabundance of the merits of Christ, rests on his mediation, depends entirely on it, and draws all its power from it."513 "No creature could ever be counted along with the Incarnate Word and Redeemer; but just as the priesthood of Christ is shared in various ways both by his ministers and the faithful, and as the one goodness of God is radiated in different ways among his creatures, so also the unique mediation of the Redeemer does not exclude but rather gives rise to a manifold cooperation which is but a sharing in this one source."514

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
What does that mean. What does Mary tell us? Listen to Jesus. Submit completely to him as Mary did.

That is her wish for us.

FYI:

970 "Mary's function as mother of men in no way obscures or diminishes this unique mediation of Christ, but rather shows its power. But the Blessed Virgin's salutary influence on men flows forth from the superabundance of the merits of Christ, rests on his mediation, depends entirely on it, and draws all its power from it."513 "No creature could ever be counted along with the Incarnate Word and Redeemer; but just as the priesthood of Christ is shared in various ways both by his ministers and the faithful, and as the one goodness of God is radiated in different ways among his creatures, so also the unique mediation of the Redeemer does not exclude but rather gives rise to a manifold cooperation which is but a sharing in this one source."514

Yes, I've read that. You said it is "bearing false witness" to say Catholics worship Mary, so I quoted to you some of the terms used in prayers to her.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.