Praying, reading the Bible...and...fasting?

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Christian friend of mine mentioned on how in dating she prays, reads the Bible...and fasts about a future husband or any endevours in her life.

Now, the praying and reading the Bible, I"ve heard of.

The fasting? Never heard of it. Care to enlighten where the fasting part comes in?

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
A Christian friend of mine mentioned on how in dating she prays, reads the Bible...and fasts about a future husband or any endevours in her life.

Now, the praying and reading the Bible, I"ve heard of.

The fasting? Never heard of it. Care to enlighten where the fasting part comes in?
Fasting is normal for Christians. One reason to fast is to gain mastery over your body. Fasting makes you more alert spiritually. It declares to God that you mean business. Some of the greats in the body of Christ fasted regularly, often twice a week. It does not have to be all day. Most regular fasting is from the evening meal to about 3.00 pm the following day.

Some Christians fast for days or weeks. Longer fasts can be a health risk. It is also vital to know how to break a long fast. If you want to fast more than a few days, check it out with your doctor. For example, some are limited because their must have food with their medication. There is no law about fasting. However, fasting longer than 6 weeks is dangerous

A side benefit is that it can help with weight reduction.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
In the past I fasted one day each week and for longer periods for special prayer requests and a community wide church event. I did it for several years.

For example: I fasted for healing from two maladies and an injury, reconciliation for a broken connection, and protection from spiritual harm for myself and family. He granted them all. I shared my healing testimony on the site last year.

~Bella

Upvote 0