Akron
✟70,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I can’t seem to get any assurance that I’m saved because every time I start praying, I get thoughts of reluctance, reservation and hesitation about wanting to be saved.
It is as if you think salvation is something God does for us. We need to pray for the Grace of God to transform us so that we can live the life God calls us to live and be the people He wants us to be. I understand with OCD you think you are not good enough but we can only do our best and then trust the rest to God. We should ask if we can do more to live a life pleasing to God.

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5,6

Upvote 0

nhisname

Dec 21, 2020
SW MO
✟28,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My name is Ken Gustafson and I live in Americus, GA. I go by the title “KGGG”I have doubted my salvation just about all my life. I have OCD. I have prayed the sinner’s prayer over and over again thousands, if not millions of times, but I can’t seem to get any assurance that I’m saved because every time I start praying, I get thoughts of reluctance, reservation and hesitation about wanting to be saved. I want to go to heaven and not he’ll, but I keep feeling that I’m not being sincere enough with God. My mother said that when I was a child (about 6 or 7), I prayed with her to ask Jesus into my heart. I know back then that I wanted to go to heaven, but I wondered if I was trusting in her faith instead of my own. She has tried to reassure me that I k ew what I was doing and that I wanted to be saved.
However, a few years later, I began to wonder if I wanted to be saved because I started having thoughts about wanting to get out of something that I couldn’t cancel (eternal security). I wish I had never had that thought come into my mind. I want to know that I’m saved and I want to be happy about and have no regrets about it (Who would want to regret their salvation, right?). But being that I have had thoughts of regretting being saved makes me wonder if I was really saved to begin with. I don’t want these thoughts in my head. I can’t seem to get the assurance of salvation even after praying to be saved over and over again because these thoughts come into my mind every time I pray. I feel that I haven’t had enough sincerity and desire to be saved. I keep trying to generate the right amount of sincerity to be saved, but I feel that I’m always falling short. Even when I think I am saved, I’ll get negative thoughts about being saved. I don’t want those thoughts on my head. As strange as this sounds, I would rather be a miserable Christian regretting my salvation than to not be saved at all.
I think that when I was nine years old, I had hangups about getting into something that I couldn’t cancel out of (eternal security). I wish those thoughts had NEVER entered my mind. I hope I truly was saved when my mother prayed with me at 6 or 7. I’d love to believe that. Back then, Zi didn’t have any thoughts of “reluctance” or “reservations” about being saved. Sometimes, I wonder if my heart is growing hard and I’m close to being beyond repentance like another person posted on this site.
Bottom line, I can’t get assurance of my salvation because I can’t seem to “mean it enough” due to what I explained earlier. Is there anyone out there who can help me or is going through a similar situation? This has caused me years of agonizing mental and physical pain. Thank God there have been intervals in my life where I haven’t thought about this and I’ve been able to have some peace, but not during the past few years. This is all I can think about. I did mention earlier that I have OCD and that probably plays a factor. Can someone help me? I want to know I’m saved and not have any regret
READ AND RENEW MIND
Rom 12:2
Do not comform any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind then you will be able to TEST and approve what God's will is, his good, and perfect and pleasing will.
WHEN YOU PRAY
Ephesians 6:10-18
"Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.,For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in Heavenly places.
1670192718135.png

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My name is Ken Gustafson and I live in Americus, GA. I go by the title “KGGG”I have doubted my salvation just about all my life. I have OCD. I have prayed the sinner’s prayer over and over again thousands, if not millions of times, but I can’t seem to get any assurance that I’m saved because every time I start praying, I get thoughts of reluctance, reservation and hesitation about wanting to be saved. I want to go to heaven and not he’ll, but I keep feeling that I’m not being sincere enough with God. My mother said that when I was a child (about 6 or 7), I prayed with her to ask Jesus into my heart. I know back then that I wanted to go to heaven, but I wondered if I was trusting in her faith instead of my own. She has tried to reassure me that I k ew what I was doing and that I wanted to be saved.
However, a few years later, I began to wonder if I wanted to be saved because I started having thoughts about wanting to get out of something that I couldn’t cancel (eternal security). I wish I had never had that thought come into my mind. I want to know that I’m saved and I want to be happy about and have no regrets about it (Who would want to regret their salvation, right?). But being that I have had thoughts of regretting being saved makes me wonder if I was really saved to begin with. I don’t want these thoughts in my head. I can’t seem to get the assurance of salvation even after praying to be saved over and over again because these thoughts come into my mind every time I pray. I feel that I haven’t had enough sincerity and desire to be saved. I keep trying to generate the right amount of sincerity to be saved, but I feel that I’m always falling short. Even when I think I am saved, I’ll get negative thoughts about being saved. I don’t want those thoughts on my head. As strange as this sounds, I would rather be a miserable Christian regretting my salvation than to not be saved at all.
I think that when I was nine years old, I had hangups about getting into something that I couldn’t cancel out of (eternal security). I wish those thoughts had NEVER entered my mind. I hope I truly was saved when my mother prayed with me at 6 or 7. I’d love to believe that. Back then, Zi didn’t have any thoughts of “reluctance” or “reservations” about being saved. Sometimes, I wonder if my heart is growing hard and I’m close to being beyond repentance like another person posted on this site.
Bottom line, I can’t get assurance of my salvation because I can’t seem to “mean it enough” due to what I explained earlier. Is there anyone out there who can help me or is going through a similar situation? This has caused me years of agonizing mental and physical pain. Thank God there have been intervals in my life where I haven’t thought about this and I’ve been able to have some peace, but not during the past few years. This is all I can think about. I did mention earlier that I have OCD and that probably plays a factor. Can someone help me? I want to know I’m saved and not have any regrets about it.
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here.

I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music?

I have found; in times of trouble; like we have with this CV-19; that listening to; and singing along to good Christian P&W music; can bring us closer to Jesus and His wonderful peace.

Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

upload_2016-11-18_15-19-26.jpeg

Upvote 0