✟15,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dear Beloved in Christ,

Each year I contact the area where the Super Bowl resides and present a week long prayer event for those that suffer from human trafficking after listening to an Ancient Faith Radio presentation from speaker Tony Nassif, “An Orthodox Christian Leads the Fight Against Human Trafficking”. In his presentation he speaks of events such as these that bring more victims to their fate of suffering.

So, this year the event starts on Sunday, January 26th and ends February 3rd right after the Super Bowl. Those that participate send up a prayer on their behalf each day. I started doing this five years ago in 2016. I pray many will join in this pray event for those that are suffering from abuse in many forms not just human trafficking.

For the Orthodox Christian churches in the Miami area I sent them the, Protection of the Mother of God, prayer. Any heartfelt prayer will do sending up to God on their behalf.

God's many blessings to you.

In Christ,
Donna

A Prayer for the End of Human Trafficking
God of freedom, beauty and truth
we believe that your deepest desire,
your most powerful energy,
is that all creation might know abundant life.

We raise our voices in anguished prayer
for our sisters and brothers,
women and girls, men and boys,
who are modern day slaves;
They are your beloved daughters and sons,
exploited sexually or forced to work
because of human violence and greed.

Fill us with your holy anger and your sacred passion
that those who are trafficked might know healing and justice;
that traffickers will come to repentance and conversion;
that all of us might live in such a way
that others are not made to pay the price
for our comfort and convenience.

Hasten the coming of the day when all people
and our precious Earth itself
will be treated, not as a commodity,
but as radiant images of your freedom, beauty and truth.
Amen. May it be so.

As shared by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, Convent Station, N.J.

Last edited:

Lady Donna Marie

Jan 10, 2020
South
✟15,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
More prayer options

Father, we beg for the liberation of victims. Please bring freedom to the 30 million slaves in the world. Remove the chains of their oppressors and help them escape. Just as you helped Paul and Silas escape the jail, free these people supernaturally. Free them through the repentance of oppressors. Free them through the work of your people to administer justice. However you do it, please grant freedom. Amen.

Father, raise us up to action!
Raise up your people to go in and rescue.
Raise up your people to fight for education and prevention. Raise up your people to risk their lives so that others can be saved.
Father, you are a God of freedom, your whole purpose in sending Jesus was to provide freedom to the captives.
Please provide freedom for these victims and provide arms waiting to help restore them.
Raise up an army of people willing to take action in a variety of different forms so that an end can come to the evil of slavery. Amen.

12 Prayers | To End Human Trafficking — Make Something Beautiful

Upvote 0

Lady Donna Marie

Jan 10, 2020
South
✟15,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lord, in this moment we stand beside every victim who has been human trafficked.
In this moment, we know you bear their excruciating fear, hurt and pain. May they feel your peace and grace wash over them.
We pray for justice to be served.
We pray for their release from the unbearable dehumanization, anguish and humiliation they feel.
We pray for their liberation from being held captive against their will, and by your grace for Good Samaritans to restore their lives.
We pray for the healing of victims and for their loved ones.
We pray as part of a united, worldwide movement for the empowerment and ability of all Churches, of all religions, International and Civil Society Organizations, Governments, National Authorities, Business Communities, and People of Good Will everywhere to put an end to human trafficking.

We pray never to forget what it feels like to be in this moment; to stand in prayer for victims of human trafficking consumed with fear and pain.
We pray you will use us in some way to help end this human tragedy.
Lord we have faith that your presence, your love, and your spiritual embrace will always be with the victims of human trafficking.
Lord God, heavenly King, almighty God and Father, hear our prayer.
Amen.

Social Justice Resource Center » Human Trafficking Prayers

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Praying over this horrendously insidious issue that is big business internationally and where so many are entrapped and ensnared in so many ways.

God bless you for this precious ministry. (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Lady Donna Marie

Jan 10, 2020
South
✟15,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Power of Prayer
I would like to say one more thing. Since this event has been going on their have been arrest during the Super Bowl that put leaders of human trafficking behind bars and have freed those held captive. Thank you, Lord!

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The Power of Prayer
I would like to say one more thing. Since this event has been going on their have been arrest during the Super Bowl that put the leaders of human trafficking behind bars and have freed those held captive. Thank you, Lord!
:heart: Praise God!!!

:heart:Thank you for this update.

Praying!!! (((hug)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying in full agreement, and building off of what you said...

I was with my friend who has been to Thailand to work against human trafficking (she's currently unemployed with a Criminal Justice degree & CASA experience; please pray for great opportunities in the field to open for her). We were leaving a music store in Fort Wayne, when she saw a police detective, and then she wanted to go talk to him...for 30 minutes.:sigh: I just wanted to get back.

But I was glad it happened, mostly for her sake, as he gave her good advice on a few avenues to go about pursuing a career against trafficking, as the detective was also very invested in human trafficking. One thing the guy mentioned was that, during the last Super Bowl in Indianapolis, there was an estimated 10,000 prostitutes shipped in, "working" for the weekend, and then pulled back out. 10,000 men (at least) would have taken advantage of these trafficking prostitutes, many of which likely had no idea that slavery was involved. Can we pray for more awareness to be made at the Super Bowl? Perhaps a flyer that's passed out to everyone who enters, an advertisement on the giant video screen between quarters, anything to help people realize the reality of the situation.

Human trafficking still does operate as a supply-and-demand market, and the demand will go down as people realize what's happening. It won't disappear, of course, but people can be raised up to greatness when they understand the position where they can fight for something greater. Even if they've already purchased the prostitute, please pray for these men to find the courage to contact the National Human Trafficking Hotline, to ask the girl if they truly want to be there, to do anything they can to treat them like a human for an hour, to be a living representation of God's love in the darkest of circumstances.

I believe in a God that can change the hardest of hearts...do you?:pray:

Free the slaves.png

Upvote 0

Lady Donna Marie

Jan 10, 2020
South
✟15,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="Unofficial Reverand Alex,

Yes, He can. Any heart open to change is a heart that God can work with.

I'll took up various job options for her and send it via PM or email whatever they call it for you to give to her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh, thank you! Just PM them to me & I'll pass it on! She lives in Michigan, and doesn't want to go too far from home, but she isn't finding opportunities close to her; Chicago area might be the best bet, or perhaps Toledo; I hear trafficking is really bad over there, with all the interchanges.:prayer:

Thank you again, and may God continue to bless us all!:pray:

Upvote 0

Lady Donna Marie

Jan 10, 2020
South
✟15,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Oh, thank you! Just PM them to me & I'll pass it on! She lives in Michigan, and doesn't want to go too far from home, but she isn't finding opportunities close to her; Chicago area might be the best bet, or perhaps Toledo; I hear trafficking is really bad over there, with all the interchanges.:prayer:

Thank you again, and may God continue to bless us all!:pray:

I sent you some information to send to her. I hope she finds what she's hoping for.

Upvote 0