Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Was the will of God not expressed in Gideon’s declaration for all people’s choice of Gov’t?

Gideon said, “I will not rule over you, nor will my son rule over you; the Lord shall rule over you” (Judges 8:23)

Yet for those people who sought whatever means of excellence, whether there was some or heavy gov’t extortion or oppression,

Samuel declared that “you will cry out in that day because of the king whom you have chosen for yourselves” (1 Samual 8:18)

Commentary on first and second Samual indicates though they sought security from their neighboring foes, but did so apart from God’s will and “become militaristic, conscript Israelite men, confiscate property, and lead ultimately to enslavement.” - Bill Arnold

Overall it seems, from the lesser or greater extent, the people kept on choosing a path that parted from God’s will, and never looked back and never will right up to the time when an idolatrous generation locked in fascination, will ultimately shudder from that leader when he reels for them arrogant words(Revelation 13:5). Till then, the Gospel goes into all the world, including governing bodies whom the people still can bless their homeland with godly leaders.

Pray, those heads of states, countries, be held by the zeal of the Lord for the sake of the expansion of the Church.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am praying for the persecuted Christians in Mexico, terrorised by criminal gangs demanding protection money, a tax to protect the Churches!
Ecclesiastes 7:7
Extortion turns a wise person into a fool
and a bribe corrupts the heart.
Dear Lord protect your followers in Mexico.

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I am praying for the persecuted Christians in Mexico, terrorised by criminal gangs demanding protection money, a tax to protect the Churches!
Ecclesiastes 7:7
Extortion turns a wise person into a fool
and a bribe corrupts the heart.
Dear Lord protect your followers in Mexico.
Praying with you for the persecuted Christians in Mexico

Upvote 0