Intheboat

Dec 16, 2011
East End of London.
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As Christians do you think we should pray for the Queen; or Prime Minister? As in to have a Good Future or see things somewhat righted? I wish I could remember where I recently read in the Bible that a person should not join rebels against the " King" that such a person could be brought down in a day and in another, either Ecclesiasties or Proverbs that the " government" did not look out for the Poor. I worry that our culture has become very scornful and spiteful; as evidenced in current TV shows such as "Mock the week", "Have I got News for you ?" (although scorchingly funny and very clever) and we are used to criticising People in Government, but do these people actually need some way of knowing we are also interested in supporting them - I don't mean Party Support, but interested in getting involved in bettering our Country even if the Person in Power is NOT who we voted for? We have freedom to see them in The Houses of Parliament at Question time. We can " put " questions to them, but it still feels a bit of a game, in that the answers often seem evasive or reassuring but slightly off any real specifics. It is as if People despair of Education, or Housing, or The NHS functioning decently and expect one Minister to come up with solutions. I wonder if therefore Politicians start to get very tired of us!

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have prayed for all, and when I do (because sometimes I do not) but when I do I sorta sweep over them all. That the LORD bless, guide, and give wisdom for the good of all people to the kings and queens, to the parliment, to our president, the senators, and the house of representatives and work downward, to the locals and communites and places of care for elderly and children, the sick, and ofcourse the church especially, as well as family and friends and lastly, those that hate me... even though I do tend to save those for last^_^ (I just realized I did that) lol

Well, at least they are on the list right?:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Alan Hooker

Dec 10, 2011
Exeter
Visit site
✟7,670.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Engaged
As Christians do you think we should pray for the Queen; or Prime Minister?

The author of 1 Timothy urges believers to pray for those in power:

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thankgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way. This is good and it is acceptable in the sight of God our Savior who desires all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. (1 Timothy 2:1-4).

Upvote 0

Intheboat

Dec 16, 2011
East End of London.
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hiya

Well " those that hate you " are sure to be a shorter list than all those other, worthy Groups!

I know we don't live in the days of King David , but I wonder what Government God would Choose for the U.S. of A. or Britain?

Our Queen, whom I admire for her dedication and long years of work, seems to me to be more of a Figure Head/Tourist Attraction in these times. I can't envisage her granting pardons or getting prisoners released as much as I could the Prime Minister. Of course one person only has to have a team. I'll bet some of the backroom people could be crucial to events.

Upvote 0

Intheboat

Dec 16, 2011
East End of London.
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The author of 1 Timothy urges believers to pray for those in power:
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thankgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions, (1 Timothy 2:1-4).
Hi,

Yes that's a good one. Thank You.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
fireinfolding - do you have people you pray for that " hate " you because you have been witnessing? I know there are people that look down on me/make fun of me, or I am invisible to.

Well, I make fun of myself all the time so that really doesnt bother me, and most who would exalt themselves over me I just allow them that (that place of honour) and just try to diffuse whatever competitive sort of thing is going on. Usually by telling them how unintelligent I am, or how I havent arrived to their place of perfection (that sorta thing). That seems to help, allowing someone their inflated sense of self (so to speak).

Its just that I dont believe everyone in my life loves me, for whatever reason, whether that be someone who is just mean or hateful, or whether in the sphere of the church claiming to be my brother whose actions or words towards me are hateful or unedifying. Jesus said sinners love those who love them back, so if I perceive someone not walking in love toward me, I wouldnt consider them as someone who loves me. Theres indifference and there is hate and love. I dont know anyone who doesnt know "someone" in their life who they might feel doesnt love them. So I would consider this loving those who dont love you back, praying for them, doing good to them.

One can be persecuted (even buffeted) for being an idot or for righteousness sake, I have not always buffeted for righteousness sake, and if I am not I shouldnt complain about it but take it patiently (and learn from it). However, if I am for righteousness and take that patiently, this is commendable before God. So for whichever, forgive US as WE forgive others, the whole works together for the good of those who love the Lord and are called according to His pupose. To me its about becoming His children by walking more perfectly in that way, and folks can heap abuse on you for being a party pooper in various situations not indulging in the same things they might, so your witness doesnt always have to be verbal, all who will "live godly in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, it doesnt say "all who will live ungodly will be. So it come that way (as well) just as it could come through your confession of Christ and His words.

Varries is all.

Upvote 0

Intheboat

Dec 16, 2011
East End of London.
✟7,740.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh, thanks for sharing.

I find I quite often crave " alonelmess" so I can hear myself think. I shock myself with what comes out of my mouth sometimes, just tactless stuff, so I can find Social Gatherings a minefield. Often by the time I have a reply ready the subject has been closed and changed!!

At work I do seethe when People say things I think are crass or uncalled for because I know I wouldn't say them myself, but I try to keep my head down. I have been realising lately a lot of my taking offence is because I have a Christian viewpoint but the people I work with may feel they are free to express themselves so it's hard to even gently challenge someone; when they are " in the world " so to speak. I may have to adapt my attitude of keeping my head down though. it's a form of not fully being there. I have been trying to run on empty so I know if I properly resurrect my Quiet time and get back into the Bible things will somewhat rectify. I've been travelling with some Scripture I glance through which helps as long as I am doing it - can be difficult to hang onto. Will still have My Flesh to deal with of course. Partly it is adapting to life changes as the Nest empties out and I'm not rushed off my feet so am a little more responsible in a sense for how things go in my life.

Upvote 0