USA
✟15,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’ve been through a lot of stuff in these last few months, and I’ve been having bouts of extreme anger, I believe due to a traumatic brain injury I got 5 months back.

I got into a triple roll over car crash. The airbags didn’t go off. I cracked my skull clean open and had emergency brain surgery to pull skull fragments out of my frontal lobe. Miraculously, I survived, but I had to move home to recover, which has been truly hard for me, as I just graduated college and I was finally ready to start my life. My face was paralyzed for awhile. I can’t hear now. I feel I’m a different person.

2 months after back home, my best friend hung herself. I planned her funeral with her dad. I took her dog. It’s been rough. Since she was the only person I was really close to here.

Long backstory, I know, I’m sorry. But I’ve felt I’ve lost sight of my faith in myself, others, and have drifted from God, at least since her passing. I now have boughts of extreme, severe anger that I’m told is from my brain injury. I cry easily and have never felt so angry and frustrated in my life, often times for no reason. I’ve never been a violent person, but I feel I could be, now.

I’d like to ask you to please pray for me to help me find my way. I’m sorry it’s a selfish request, but I feel I need prayer if I’ll ever be myself again. I’m worried about this anger, and I miss the love, faith, and endless happiness I used to feel. This is really rough. Anyway, thank you. I appreciate it.

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I am so sorry; my condolences for the loss of your friend.

You have every right to feel exactly as you do; your anger is natural and just. Be kind to yourself as you heal. It is not selfish to ask for prayer; it is right and good.

Lord, have mercy,
Christ, have mercy,
Lord, have mercy.

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I will absolutely pray for you! I keep a prayer journal next to my computer so I can write requests in it. I'm so sorry for your struggles and pray that God will continue your healing. Your prayer request isn't really selfish; it's good.

I want to extend my sympathy on the loss of your friend. Suicide is a tremendous blow to those who knew the victim. May God comfort you and her family.

WHAT GOD HATH PROMISED

God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

God hath not promised we shall not know
Toil and temptation, trouble and woe;
He hath not told us we shall not bear
many a burden, many a care.

God hath not promised smooth roads and wide,
Swift, easy travel, needing no guide;
Never a mountain rocky and steep,
Never a river turbid and deep

But God hath promised strength for the day,
Rest for the labor, light for the way,
Grace for the trials, help from above,
Unfailing sympathy, undying love

Author: Annie Johnson Flint

Upvote 0

Lynnie7

Jan 13, 2018
USA
✟15,446.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, all.

Things may be starting to look up. I’m in the final interview round of a job I really, really want and am praying I get. If I get it, I’d be able to move back to a proper support system and be with my friends from college again. I’m just worried about this anger. Feeling out of control and realizing you have so much hatred and pain in your heart is so, so hard.

Thank you for praying for my dearly departed friend K, and thank you for praying for me. I woke up today reading your words of support and was so very moved. Knowing that there are people in the world who have been so touched by God’s grace that they are willing to pray for a stranger is gives me so much hope, and motivates me to move forward and reach out to our Lord again. Words can’t express how thankful I am to each one of you. Because of you, some of this anger is being replaced with love. God bless you, may he keep you in his grace forever.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I pray for Lynnie7, who has had this life-changing accident, that You will help her get back on her feet so to speak, and be able to adjust to these traumatic occurrences in her life. She may not be exactly the same, and wish things hadn't changed like this, but I pray You will make her an even better, stronger person who will be able to help and bless others better because of all this. I pray that she will make the reading of Your Word a bigger part of her life, and that You will bless her in a more intimate prayer life with You because of it.
May even more special blessings be upon her to overcome the painful things that she has, and is experiencing, to bring her to a victorious life of peace and joy. Psalms 30:11. Amen.

• Winner
Upvote 0

NurseAbigail

Site Supporter
Sep 27, 2017
NC
✟48,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I’ve been through a lot of stuff in these last few months, and I’ve been having bouts of extreme anger, I believe due to a traumatic brain injury I got 5 months back.

I got into a triple roll over car crash. The airbags didn’t go off. I cracked my skull clean open and had emergency brain surgery to pull skull fragments out of my frontal lobe. Miraculously, I survived, but I had to move home to recover, which has been truly hard for me, as I just graduated college and I was finally ready to start my life. My face was paralyzed for awhile. I can’t hear now. I feel I’m a different person.

2 months after back home, my best friend hung herself. I planned her funeral with her dad. I took her dog. It’s been rough. Since she was the only person I was really close to here.

Long backstory, I know, I’m sorry. But I’ve felt I’ve lost sight of my faith in myself, others, and have drifted from God, at least since her passing. I now have boughts of extreme, severe anger that I’m told is from my brain injury. I cry easily and have never felt so angry and frustrated in my life, often times for no reason. I’ve never been a violent person, but I feel I could be, now.

I’d like to ask you to please pray for me to help me find my way. I’m sorry it’s a selfish request, but I feel I need prayer if I’ll ever be myself again. I’m worried about this anger, and I miss the love, faith, and endless happiness I used to feel. This is really rough. Anyway, thank you. I appreciate it.

Prayer for you:
Dear Father In Heaven, I pray for my sis, Lynnie7, she has been through so much. Having an injury to the brain is rough and I pray that You would heal her whole brain, that every neuron will fire right, that every wounded cerebral tissue will spark back up and receive the needed nutrients and oxygen. I pray for her cerebral chemical balance to be restored, that she would overcome all these physical challenges and be used mightily by You wherever she may go, grant her a full life, a blessed life filled with dreams reached and hope fulfilled. Comfort her by Your Holy Spirit, comfort her from the sorrow she feels in her heart from her losing her close friend, You know her heart and You know best how to comfort her. May you give her peace in her heart, let her know Your plans for her life are good. Challenges will come, but Father give her the strength to overcome and the will to push on, to fight, to not give up and to keep her eyes steadfast towards You and to always know You have her back no matter what life may throw at her. Protect her from the enemy and from anyone that seeks to harm her. Cover her with your love and guide her steps. Lead her always in the paths that lead to life and purpose. Remove all anxiety, anger, and fear. Replace it with righteousness, peace, and joy. In Jesus name, amen.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey sis.. its not what man says...but the Father in heaven in His word. Myself.. would be like the Father said in Isa "You will keep him in perfect peace,Whose mind is stayed on You,Because he trusts in You." This is what I would say..when this anger TRYS to come over me. And in Phil "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

No matter what we think or man says.. what does your FATHER say in HIS word and ask your self.. can HE LIE? Did Jesus ever lie? Sis.. He came died took all your sins.. all your sickness Isa 53. He keeps and guards. your mind.. through Christ Jesus. He told Abrahams wife.. who was HOW OLD that she would have a baby and laughed at GOD. What is to hard for the lord? And.. sorry tell me again WHOS YOUR ABBA..your DADDY? AKA GOD! The great I am.

You do NOT have to receive what MAN says. Its a choice. Man is NOT the final answer. YOUR FATHER already spoke it. Isa 41:10 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Know this.. He said that ..had it written for YOU...again HE CANT LIE!

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
images
Please do speak with a medical doctor about your anger issues... and perhaps find a Christian counselor with experience in head trauma... it can cause anger issues! May you heal quickly.

Upvote 0