✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have my own way.
When I am told by a person that they are facing a difficult situation, I ask them if I may pray for them. If yes, then I do. Even if no I do anyway but they won't know! Almost always they are happy or at least ok about it.

If I don't know the person very well, I do not ask them about their beliefs. I think it too intrusive and pressuring when they are already worried and stressed.

An example. I met a woman on a health forum. We both have an affliction. We became Facebook friends, not very close though. One day I happened to find out she faces major surgery soon. I simply told her I am a Christian, asked if I can pray for her. She was delighted.

My thinking is, just do it. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. If they are a Christian they will be glad of reinforced prayers. Even atheists are usually grateful that somebody cares. That is surely to the gentle path to come to the Lord? I am just not going to get heavy duty with quoting the Bible, arguing and persuading people, trying to frighten them into believing.
Better give them space, they will come to God in their time. In fact I am amazed how many atheists are fine about being prayed for - no doubt they see it as extra insurance! Because it is.

By the way, seeds can come to fruition over long times. As a 12 year old I was in hospital having my appendix out. I was in pain and terrified. A lady came round with books on a trolley, said she was a Christian. I love reading and cheered up instantly. Choosing Enid Blyton school stories I was so happy and distracted from my situation. I've never forgotten. I connected caring, kind smiles with Christ.

Last edited:

HeartNSoul19

Jul 6, 2021
Washington DC
✟16,556.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Praying for anyone at anytime for any reason is great! After all God has power over all things and we can always ask him for the things that we want --including for Him to open someone's heart to Him.

Upvote 0