Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah I've been gym-ing for over 3 years now, and recently I've felt like I should pray before I workout to achieve maximum gains. (I don't use pre-workout or stuff like that, if that is important)

Am I cooked?

Pray however you felt led to. God's Holy Spirit sorts it out and brings to our minds and hearts what pleases God and what doesn't. In the meantime, speak it to our heavenly Father. He encourages us to pray about ALL things.

:heart: God does this (see below). That's why i love Him so much:

“Oh, the comfort — the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person — having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together; certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness blow the rest away.” ~Dinah Maria Mulock Craik

"Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, its pleasures and its pains, to a dear friend. Tell God your troubles, that God may comfort you; tell God your joys, that God may sober them; tell God your longings, that God may purify them; tell God your dislikes, that God may help you conquer them; talk to God of your temptations, that God may shield you from them: show God the wounds of your heart, that God may heal them. If you thus pour out all your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. Talk out of the abundance of the heart, without consideration say just what you think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intimacy with God." ~Francois' Fene'lon

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah I've been gym-ing for over 3 years now, and recently I've felt like I should pray before I workout to achieve maximum gains. (I don't use pre-workout or stuff like that, if that is important)

Am I cooked?

I don't use pre workout either tbh and i've always been seeing gains.

tbh the bible says don't pray in amiss though so I can't say praying to gain muscles is ideal, but maybe you can pray that you remain healthy and don't get injured while working out.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Am I cooked?

There is never a bad time for prayer.
Prayer changes you to get you up to
speed on what God already answered.

Answered Prayer! -Click Here-

Upvote 0

Mynamechef

Jun 23, 2017
Wa
✟17,544.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah
I don't use pre workout either tbh and i've always been seeing gains.

tbh the bible says don't pray in amiss though so I can't say praying to gain muscles is ideal, but maybe you can pray that you remain healthy and don't get injured while working out.

Good point on that, keeping well and safe is my main point of pre workout prayers, but it makes me wonder how we can tell for sure if we are praying amiss?

Upvote 0

JESUS=G.O.A.T

Dec 29, 2016
Houston
✟68,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah

Good point on that, keeping well and safe is my main point of pre workout prayers, but it makes me wonder how we can tell for sure if we are praying amiss?

That's a good question.

Usually it's just if you're asking for something that isn't of God/ praying out of order (not respecting God and just asking for stuff in your prayer) (not "seeking ye first the kingdom of God but instead focusing on the "all stuff will be added to you").

But I believe praying for like gains or a certain look could be praying in amiss becuase the flesh is an enmity against God.

Sure it's ok we look good and work out....but if we pray for the flesh rather then pray to deny it... that seems eh.

Anyway that's just my take on it, personally I just leave the gym as something for my natural flesh, I don't get spiritually with it. NOw one time at a convention I did give an presentation about the importance of ensuring your healthy, and the bible speaks about this, but like I said in that case you would just pray that you can stay healthy and if you look good doing it that's just a plus

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mynamechef
Upvote 0