✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yes you should.

I'd suggest praying they know God in a better way. I cannot imagine God objects to or has plans against that. Nor can any one who seriously considers the matter. (Caution, some theists are terribly threatened if anyone suggests they might be wrong. I see it usually as a sign of doubt in their non-faith.)

And whatever you do, do NOT get further involved with anyone not a believer. That causes more pain than you can imagine.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I had a crush on a pro wrestler, but he is an atheist. He is a talented wrestler who is a professed atheist, a non believer. It is on a twitter account. Should I just pray for him and how should I pray for those who do not believe in God?
Just pray for them, like "Father in heaven, please soften the heart of <<name>> so the truth of who you are can be revealed to them and that they will come to faith and believe. That you will place people in their lives who are instrumental in changing their lives to that of sprititual things and things of God.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Er, why do you have a crush on a pro wrestler? Does this person actually know who you are?

Aside from that, praying for people to know salvation is fine but even better is actually telling people the gospel.

Are you asking for advice so you can continue to have this crush and think you being godly by praying for someone you lust after salvation? Cos thats confusing me.
I mean, please dont tell me you have this fantasy that if he gets converted you can then believe hes going to marry you so you can fulfill this lust. Thats just a bit nuts.

If you want to pray for someone post a prayer on the prayer wall. Not sure why you needing advice to do that...

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Er, why do you have a crush on a pro wrestler? Does this person actually know who you are?

Aside from that, praying for people to know salvation is fine but even better is actually telling people the gospel.

Are you asking for advice so you can continue to have this crush and think you being godly by praying for someone you lust after salvation? Cos thats confusing me.
I mean, please dont tell me you have this fantasy that if he gets converted you can then believe hes going to marry you so you can fulfill this lust. Thats just a bit nuts.

If you want to pray for someone post a prayer on the prayer wall. Not sure why you needing advice to do that...
How you can knock anyone wanting to pray for anyone else is beyond me. I'm really not ok with that.

Reactions: Poppyseed78
Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pray for yourself, for God to help you forget about your crush. They can "crush" your soul if you let them.
I am currently in a battle myself. I keep having thoughts pop up in my head about this girl on youtube and I know she's not good. I was tempted to engage in trying to talk to her but I knew that would be a very unwise thing to do, since that would only strangle my heart, and most likely cause me to fall far from God.
Just yesterday as I was driving home late from work, and I had to scream out loud, "GET OUT!" towards my thoughts, recognizing that God's way doesn't include day-dreaming about a wicked person.

Upvote 0

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I had a crush on a pro wrestler, but he is an atheist. He is a talented wrestler who is a professed atheist, a non believer. It is on a twitter account. Should I just pray for him and how should I pray for those who do not believe in God?

Atheists don't believe in God like how Christians don't believe in Poseidon, Zeus, and Hermes. Praying for an atheist to embrace Christianity is surely a nice thing to do, but actually converting one of them is just as impossible as getting a Christian to leave his faith and embrace Thor as his god.

• Agree
Reactions: Rebecca12
Upvote 0

Near

In Christ we rise
Dec 7, 2012
✟24,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How you can knock anyone wanting to pray for anyone else is beyond me. I'm really not ok with that.
I can see why. Lets say I have a crush on a very attractive gal who is extremely worldly. If I were to pray for her specifically, what would really be in my heart? It would seem that I'm preferring her by praying for her just because I have a crush on her. Doesn't it seem to be the case that I'm just being a bit evil by preferring based off my own personal desires for a woman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Atheists don't believe in God like how Christians don't believe in Poseidon, Zeus, and Hermes. Praying for an atheist to embrace Christianity is surely a nice thing to do, but actually converting one of them is just as impossible as getting a Christian to leave his faith and embrace Thor as his god.
Nothing is impossible with God. The people that have no chance of being converted are the one's no one prays for or no one shares the gospel with.

We are Christ's representatives on earth. We pray for them. We tell them about the Lord. Then we leave it up to God and pray even more.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can see why. Lets say I have a crush on a very attractive gal who is extremely worldly. If I were to pray for her specifically, what would really be in my heart? It would seem that I'm preferring her by praying for her just because I have a crush on her. Doesn't it seem to be the case that I'm just being a bit evil by preferring based off my own personal desires for a woman.
Praying for others is at the foundation of our faith. We are to pray continuously, especially for others.

Each of us pulls out people we want to pray for, otherwise we would be praying for everyone. And we do not know everyone or what they need. The OP does know that this person is an atheist, so they know what the problem is that this person needs prayer for. Yes, they may have a crush or have personal reasons for choosing this person, but they are fulfilling the act of spreading the Good News of Christ. In prayer, rather than in person.

Sometimes our motivations are off or may be a little selfish, but that does not change that she is being obedient to Christ and taking her problems to the Lord. That is a beautiful thing and it is not our place to judge her motivations over her being obedient to God.

That is my point.

You don't think God knows everything about each of us? You think God does not know our motivations already? Yes He does, but He is also very patient with us and He can and will teach those of us who come to Him in obedience. We need to let God be God and handle the motivation part. We all do things maybe that we look back upon and think 'What was I thinking?'. But if we walk with God, we get past all that and still have the relationship we have built with God.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Pray for yourself, for God to help you forget about your crush. They can "crush" your soul if you let them.
I am currently in a battle myself. I keep having thoughts pop up in my head about this girl on youtube and I know she's not good. I was tempted to engage in trying to talk to her but I knew that would be a very unwise thing to do, since that would only strangle my heart, and most likely cause me to fall far from God.
Just yesterday as I was driving home late from work, and I had to scream out loud, "GET OUT!" towards my thoughts, recognizing that God's way doesn't include day-dreaming about a wicked person.
She should also pray for herself, I agree with that. Because we are all trying to get to a point of agape love, love that gives us nothing but is in total love for the other person and their best.

And sometimes we do create a fantasy world or something that is not real in our mind as an escape and the OP needs to be careful to make sure she is not doing this.

Upvote 0

Angel Wings 1288

Feb 3, 2017
TX
✟29,884.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Nothing is impossible with God. The people that have no chance of being converted are the one's no one prays for or no one shares the gospel with.

We are Christ's representatives on earth. We pray for them. We tell them about the Lord. Then we leave it up to God and pray even more.

Well, as a former atheist myself, I can testify that it's possible for someone who denies God to later achieve faith in Christ. But from my own observations, this is rare. Have you converted any atheists to Christianity or personally know of any atheists who became faithful adherents of God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Human Sacrifice

Bless and do not curse
Oct 7, 2016
USA
✟14,391.00
Country
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Last I read "do not judge lest ye be judged". There is a lot seen of straw men. There is the demonization of people who only slightly exist going around. How can we know anything about anybody except that they are a sinner? I don't see what's wrong with considering the neutrality of faith and seeing one another for our character defects. Good is good right? And God is good. (Not trying to be a do-Gooder.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, as a former atheist myself, I can testify that it's possible for someone who denies God to later achieve faith in Christ. But from my own observations, this is rare. Have you converted any atheists to Christianity or personally know of any atheists who became faithful adherents of God?
I've talked to some, don't believe I have converted anyone.

But like the apostle Paul says, one plants, one waters and then it is God who brings the growth.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not saying it's biblical, but try to consider the person's viewpoint and learn from their worldview. Who says it's good to see only one way of thinking?
If you are open to learn from everyone's worldview than chances are you don't have a very strong one of your own or you may let too many people influence you.

If your faith is your rock, then stand on it. Things of the spirit do not mesh with things of the flesh. You will not grow your own faith if you walk in and out of faith. You will hopefully stay the same or it will ruin you.

I believe that old saying is true "That you must stand for something or you will fall for anything". Stand on the rock of your faith. Do not condemn others except when explaining salvation, but do not let them sway you eihter.

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Last I read "do not judge lest ye be judged".
From the context here, you do not seem to grasp the context of Matthew 7:1-6. The passage, message and wording have nothing to do with evaluating ideas.
Human Sacrifice said:
There is a lot seen of straw men.
Could you elaborate on 'straw men'? Are you talking about argument, scarecrows or hypocritical persons?
Human Sacrifice said:
There is the demonization of people who only slightly exist going around.
Who only 'slightly exists' and how are they demonized? By whom are they demonized?
Human Sacrifice said:
How can we know anything about anybody except that they are a sinner?
We can observe and 'know' what is important to a particular person. We can listen to what the person says on a multitude subjects and 'know' what and how they think.
Human Sacrifice said:
I don't see what's wrong with considering the neutrality of faith...
For one thing, God says 'neutrality of faith' leads people to Hell.
Human Sacrifice said:
... and seeing one another for our character defects.
Do you mean seeing character defects in one another and ourselves?
Human Sacrifice said:
Good is good right?
Not according to the Bible. Read the letter of James sometime. Nor does 'good' equate to 'righteousness' in the eyes of God and acceptance as a member of God's household and heirs.
Human Sacrifice said:
And God is good. (Not trying to be a do-Gooder.)
Not according to those who are not followers of God. God tells them they can't do as they please.

Universal acceptance and salvation is not a doctrine found in the Bible.

For a Christian, 'good' is following God's directions, which include telling non-believers about God's grace and salvation; not just patting them on the head and telling them all will be well.

Upvote 0

SgtBen

To Serve and Protect
Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
Western NC, USA
✟53,005.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think we can and do learn from atheists and people with different worldviews. And it's not the learning that can be a problem -- it's how we utilize that new knowledge that can be a problem.

It's a matter of choices. We can only choose for ourselves and of course, underage children, but they have to fly the coop and become their own adult people.

Praying for atheists is probably one of the best things to do for them. I'm a police officer and I've run into a few of them. You have to be very careful in choosing your words. You don't want to get in their faces and scream that they will burn in Hades, because they'll think you're a looney. You have to be gentle and above all, kind.

Be an example of Christ's love. The atheists I've run into are usually very smart, well-educated, and successful in their career and home. Give them credit for what they are, and that opens a door for a conversation about God. Don't tell them they're lucky -- they are in their minds, but we know they're blessed and use the word "blessed."

I've known four atheists. Only one has come around to Christ and is now (believe it or not) a Catholic. Never underestimate the power of nuns! But it doesn't matter -- he's a Christian now, and he's saved. The other 3 I see around town sometimes, and they haven't crossed that threshold but allow me to pray for them. I do it anyway, but they know it.

Just remember to be kind, patient, and steadfast. Don't compromise your walk with God or your Christian values, because if you do, that's a dark road full of doubt and confusion. Life is tough enough without self-imposed issues.

And you know you've won a little battle of trust when they call you their favorite cop, even when you have to gently arrest their cousin for drunk driving and wiping out a fire hydrant.

Kept on the straight and narrow, and keep praying. Ask God for guidance, and He will lead you safely with no worries.

Just my take on this.

Upvote 0