✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello

This is a long overdue update on my sister. She is having some unexpected setbacks post operation (her trach surgery was at the end of last week). Over the weekend my mom asked her a question and discovered she could no longer communicate orally. Also she used to talk but the trach is placed in your airways below the vocal cords so air is not able to pass through and make them move so she is totally silent now. They say it will take time.
There is a pmv valve they make that enables trach dependent folk to talk again but you do have to learn how to get used to it first so it is too soon to expect her to wear one yet. Hopefully my mom can try one out with her soon however and see what happens. Please continue to pray for her. Pray she can cope with a trach. Also pray she remains stable. In other news, she has a follow up appointment booked at a respected pediatric tracheostomy clinic in a few weeks time.
P.S my baby will undergo her second procedure tomorrow. She is still under observation as well.

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks.

Reporting from the hospital.

The surgery is over. She is healing well post operation. Of course they still will do regular head ultrasounds to check up on her shunt. And she is being watched by a pediatric urologist who is solely concerned with her bowel and bladder function. They also want to examine her kidneys to look for signs of reflux too.

Upvote 0