Dec 28, 2016
Australia
✟62,913.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,
I have been convicted today of my lack of love by listening to some excellent sermons on the topic.
I have come to the realization that I have idolised eternal rewards and not sought to love God or love my neighbour from the heart.

The sermons I listened to made me see that loving actions without a loving attitude count for nothing.
I hate selfishness in others but I am coming to see how selfish my motivations for service are and I feel like a total hypocrite.
Please pray that the Lord grows the genuine heart felt fruit of love in my soul and that hurts from the past will be healed so I can move forward in wholeness to love both God and neighbour for the RIGHT reasons.
Thanks in advance!

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟349,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi all,
I have been convicted today of my lack of love by listening to some excellent sermons on the topic.
I have come to the realization that I have idolised eternal rewards and not sought to love God or love my neighbour from the heart.

The sermons I listened to made me see that loving actions without a loving attitude count for nothing.
I hate selfishness in others but I am coming to see how selfish my motivations for service are and I feel like a total hypocrite.
Please pray that the Lord grows the genuine heart felt fruit of love in my soul and that hurts from the past will be healed so I can move forward in wholeness to love both God and neighbour for the RIGHT reasons.
Thanks in advance!
I suffer from the same thing. I am sorry you had that, it seems to me it is a huge short coming at least for me because that is what God is all about.
God bless and be free of this ailment.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh i can see the Holy Spirit is doing a great job convicting you. Now it is for you to trust the Lord to get you there. For how can you, as fickle as us all, overcome loveless as well as unfaithful to love's voice?

Only The perfect love of Christ can do this for you so put your faith in His love and keep doing that, especially when you run short.

God loves you to find life in His loving truth, true blessed holy life. It is awesome to be able to love the Lord sincerely and whole heartedly and you love your neighbour as yourself. Well worth striving for, let me assure you.

Don't do anything in His Kingdom when it is not out of genuine heartfelt love. Built with His love because His love dwells in you. God is love, it is when we love truthfully that He is in us and we are in Him. He is awesome Saviour and so unbelievably close!

God bless you in your endeavour to love truthfully and faithfully.:hug:

Upvote 0

StarryEyedShoeGazer

Dec 28, 2016
Australia
✟62,913.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel like you are asking for a need, every person has.

Which love saves? Wait! I need love!

Just remember: Lot made it, before Lot's wife could care.
I appreciate your encouragement but I don't quite understand what you mean.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I appreciate your encouragement but I don't quite understand what you mean.

What I mean about Lot?

I just mean Lot got to safety, without worrying about his wife.

There is still a chance: even when it seems love is doomed.

Upvote 0