United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello,

Wanting a little prayer for a personal situation (think feelings of attraction to the opposite sex; just to be upfront, I am a guy).Not that I actively seek out a romance but just every now and then, I just happen to meet someone I really like, and because I've been on barely two dates in my life and no romantic relationships whatsoever, I literally have no clue what to do about it. And the advice I get is so from all over the place: do nothing, let them come to you; be active; be friends first; it's misleading if you become friends while you secretly are attracted; make sure there is mutual interest; be their friend first and take time to get to know them; if you like them, ask them out immediately, etc, etc, etc.
I just have no idea what to do and how to handle this the right way. There feels like very few people in my actual social circles I feel comfortable talking about such a touchy subject; I've literally cried out to the Lord through silent prayer, spoken prayer, from the heart and through writing in a prayer journal but I still feel a little lost. The thought of not marrying before I die absolutely horrifies me so unfortunately for the Apostle Paul, I can't handle nor want the celibate/single lifestyle. I am happy for the people I know who are happily in relationships/married but deep, deep down I wonder why they get paired up as easily as going grocery shopping while I don't even know where to look for one person who would be interested in me as I in them and for me to be in relationship that even would get within 60 light years of marriage would take nothing short of great miracle of God. Maybe I'm just terminally immature, too socially awkward, too anxious, being disclipined by God for making marital status an idol. I can say, I can't remember the last time I felt this discouraged like this about something when compared to what others are facing is just silly and stupid. I did not mean for this to be manifesto but I am really am struggling. Thanks for reading and God bless all.

Devin Hammond

Nov 25, 2020
San Clemente
✟3,773.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Powerful prayers to destroy any curse of UNWILLFUL singleness and make you meet a Godly partner

Powerful prayers for Marriage, relationships and for God to let you meet the correct person to marry

Miracle Prayer to Get Married Soon - Prayer to Break the Cycle of Delayed Marriage

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello,

Wanting a little prayer for a personal situation (think feelings of attraction to the opposite sex; just to be upfront, I am a guy).Not that I actively seek out a romance but just every now and then, I just happen to meet someone I really like, and because I've been on barely two dates in my life and no romantic relationships whatsoever, I literally have no clue what to do about it. And the advice I get is so from all over the place: do nothing, let them come to you; be active; be friends first; it's misleading if you become friends while you secretly are attracted; make sure there is mutual interest; be their friend first and take time to get to know them; if you like them, ask them out immediately, etc, etc, etc.
I just have no idea what to do and how to handle this the right way. There feels like very few people in my actual social circles I feel comfortable talking about such a touchy subject; I've literally cried out to the Lord through silent prayer, spoken prayer, from the heart and through writing in a prayer journal but I still feel a little lost. The thought of not marrying before I die absolutely horrifies me so unfortunately for the Apostle Paul, I can't handle nor want the celibate/single lifestyle. I am happy for the people I know who are happily in relationships/married but deep, deep down I wonder why they get paired up as easily as going grocery shopping while I don't even know where to look for one person who would be interested in me as I in them and for me to be in relationship that even would get within 60 light years of marriage would take nothing short of great miracle of God. Maybe I'm just terminally immature, too socially awkward, too anxious, being disclipined by God for making marital status an idol. I can say, I can't remember the last time I felt this discouraged like this about something when compared to what others are facing is just silly and stupid. I did not mean for this to be manifesto but I am really am struggling. Thanks for reading and God bless all.
I suggest that you watch the foremost authority on relationships and marriage, Mark Gungor. He is down to earth, practical, has deep insight and is entertaining as well. You'll find a number of youtube presentations that will be a great help.

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heavenly Father, take this situation and lead christiansoccerplayer to someone who will become a good friend, one he can communicate with, trust, honor, love and eventually marry. Intercede for him Father and bring that person into his life, help him to quit worrying about when or who, and just let it happen, lead him to her or lead her to him, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0