Visit site
✟435,270.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is it the driving and navigating through Moscow that you hate, Rus?
Yes, I do hate it a lot.
Although I have a stellar record myself in Russia (one accident, another driver on a major highway slammed into us from behind, going well above the speed limit just as the lanes were slowing down, my own "safety space" of having over two seconds in front of me was of no help; it only meant that the driver in front of me was actually able to drive his car home), other drivers and the possibility of corrupt police raise my stress and BP levels. Cruising in the countryside with fine music is enjoyable, but on the whole, I try not to drive a lot. I commute once a week, on public transport. Moscow is an overcrowded big stone city. Lots of beautiful stuff; a must-see for tourists, but once you've lived here for twenty years, you've seen it and want to get on with your life.

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi! I haven't been able to be active around here for a while so I don't know if many remember me. I would really appreciate any prayers as I'm going through something of a trial of Job at the moment. Thanks! Julia

My prayers! I hope things are getting better.

Upvote 0

ikonographics

In patience I waited patiently on the Lord
Apr 27, 2008
Greece
Visit site
✟27,987.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Lord have mercy. Blessings be on you, Julia! Just got home from
Greece. What a WONDERFUL country you live in!! But thanks to the oppressive EU, the economy is a kind of living hell. I was troubled to hear over and over and over how the EU, mostly the Germans, have invaded and decimated the country. I could see it first hand.

But what fun, loving, cool people the Greeks are, even in a crisis like this! I enjoyed your culture more than you can know!!

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip here. I hope you visited the church of St Dimitrios Loumpardiaris on Philopappou hill opposite the Acropolis. That is where I go to church. Next time let me know when you're coming :)

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Update: my 80-yr old FIL's leg is inoperable due to a blocked artery; they going to have him transferred to another hospital; we have to drive into the big stone city (Moscow) again today, which is always stressful for me.
Also, my son had an operation on his nose last week due to some permanent blockage. He is still experiencing considerable pain. He lives in Moscow, but came barging in to our home last night looking for painkillers.
Please say a pray for us if you can!

Lord, have mercy.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
They wound up just sending him home, rather than transferring him. They can't do anything for him on the spot; he could wait a few months, or try an expensive secualist without insurance coverage. I'm feeling beat, going into Moscow three out of four days this week. When I was young, it would've been no big deal, but now it really burns me out.
Thanks for your prayers!

I am not sure whether this will help you or not, but my mother has serious issues with her vascular system. She was sent home a year ago because her condition is inoperable and we have feared the worst ever since, but somehow she carries on.

I make sure nothing is left unsaid at every visit, and somehow the weeks go by. And I understand the burn out; the emotional strain is considerable.

God be with you.

• Prayers
Reactions: seekingsolace
Upvote 0