Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have just been offered the once in a life time opportunity to start up a business as the partner with a retired professional. He has everything we need to start up a studio, but he does not want to run a studio as he is 70+. He has been teaching me everything he knows and wants to continue doing so while getting a studio up and running for me. I even will have the space to run the studio out of. I just need to find funding. Can everyone please say a prayer or 2 that God will help me sell my larger icons so I can have the funding I need to pay bills until this venture gets on it's feet?

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I just learned a huge lesson. I should not ask people on line for prayers. I asked someone on FB for prayers and instead they gave me their unsolicited advice and shot a major hole through my request. Umm, hello? I did not ask for advice, just prayers that God will help me fund what has already been put on the table until it gets up and going itself. UGH.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
it's very often that we ask for something and we get tones of advice instead of what we asked. don't pay much attention to it, it's just a reaction from someone who needs to "know better" and wants to "educate" the rest of us as well.

may God be with you.

It was straight out telling me what to do, when all I asked for was prayers that God had mercy on me. I have learned my lesson: I won't share sensitive information with anyone, no matter how friendly they act toward me on line.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It was straight out telling me what to do, when all I asked for was prayers that God had mercy on me. I have learned my lesson: I won't share sensitive information with anyone, no matter how friendly they act toward me on line.

I'm sorry that someone offered unwanted advice. I hope that you've never been frustrated with any "advice" I've given you. It's always just my opinion, and I do try to not be pushy with it or offer it where it isn't wanted.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm sorry that someone offered unwanted advice. I hope that you've never been frustrated with any "advice" I've given you. It's always just my opinion, and I do try to not be pushy with it or offer it where it isn't wanted.

The difference is 1. when you have given advice it is always because I have asked it. For that matter, there have been times when I have had to pull your advice from you because you did not want to offend me. And 2. you actually know what you are talking about in this matter. The person who did offend me was not asked for advice, he was asked for prayers and secondly he does not know a thing about the details of what I was asking him to pray for.

Upvote 0

Photini

Gone.
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,808.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The difference is 1. when you have given advice it is always because I have asked it. For that matter, there have been times when I have had to pull your advice from you because you did not want to offend me. And 2. you actually know what you are talking about in this matter. The person who did offend me was not asked for advice, he was asked for prayers and secondly he does not know a thing about the details of what I was asking him to pray for.

I definitely know how it feels to get unsolicited advice. I get my share from people who want to tell me how to raise my kids.

I am praying all goes well for you.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I definitely know how it feels to get unsolicited advice. I get my share from people who want to tell me how to raise my kids.

I am praying all goes well for you.

You seem to be doing a good job with the little one. She looks adorable in the photos you shoot of her.

Reactions: Photini
Upvote 0