✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Prayer of Jonah:
Jonah 2:2-9 In my distress I called to the Lord and He answered me, from the depths of hell I cried for help and He heard my voice. You cast me into the depths of the ocean, the water closed around me and the waves swept over me. I thought that I was banished from Your sight and I would never again look toward Your holy Temple.

The water about me rose to my neck and seaweed twined around my head. I was in a situation impossible to escape from, but as my senses failed me, my prayer reached You and in Your favour, You brought me out of the pit into safety.

Those who cling to false gods may abandon their loyalty, but I, with hymns of praise shall offer sacrifice to You. What I have vowed, I shall fulfil.
Victory is the Lords!

Jonah is the only prophet who does not speak about the forthcoming fire judgement. However what happened to him is an excellent example for us. For three days and three nights, that is: 72 hours, he was trapped inside a huge fish and his miraculous survival proves to us that the Lord can and will protect and save His own during the terrifying Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. Psalms 140:12-13, Revelation 6:12-17

The 3 days [72 hours] is right for the period from the initial flash of the Coronal Mass Ejection, Isaiah 30:26, that the Lord will use on His Day of wrath, until it all finally passes into outer space.

Jonah was ‘in deep distress’, he thought he would die. Psalms 91:9-12
He ‘called to the Lord and He answered’. Joel 2:32, Psalms 18:6
Those who ‘cling to false gods’, will have no help or support. Isaiah 26:10
‘Victory is the Lords’, He will destroy His enemies, but His righteous people will ‘offer hymns of praise’, as they gather in the holy Land. Psalms 118:15-21, Isaiah 41:8-10, Revelation 2:7

• Haha
Reactions: Truth7t7

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The Prayer of Jonah:
Jonah 2:2-9 In my distress I called to the Lord and He answered me, from the depths of hell I cried for help and He heard my voice. You cast me into the depths of the ocean, the water closed around me and the waves swept over me. I thought that I was banished from Your sight and I would never again look toward Your holy Temple.

The water about me rose to my neck and seaweed twined around my head. I was in a situation impossible to escape from, but as my senses failed me, my prayer reached You and in Your favour, You brought me out of the pit into safety.

Those who cling to false gods may abandon their loyalty, but I, with hymns of praise shall offer sacrifice to You. What I have vowed, I shall fulfil.
Victory is the Lords!

Jonah is the only prophet who does not speak about the forthcoming fire judgement. However what happened to him is an excellent example for us. For three days and three nights, that is: 72 hours, he was trapped inside a huge fish and his miraculous survival proves to us that the Lord can and will protect and save His own during the terrifying Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath. Psalms 140:12-13, Revelation 6:12-17

The 3 days [72 hours] is right for the period from the initial flash of the Coronal Mass Ejection, Isaiah 30:26, that the Lord will use on His Day of wrath, until it all finally passes into outer space.

‘Victory is the Lords’, He will destroy His enemies, but His righteous people will ‘offer hymns of praise’, as they gather in the holy Land. Psalms 118:15-21, Isaiah 41:8-10, Revelation 2:7
Thank you, and Happy New Year.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jonah was ‘in deep distress’, he thought he would die.
That deep distress was finally relieved when Jonah was vomitted and returned to the world.

But in the end times Grief Tribulation there is no safe place in the world.

The foolish virgins will be wanting to be with the wise virgins, but they just can not. Because the Wise virgins have been taken to the Feast of the Lamb in heaven, while the Grief Tribulation befalls the world !

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
But in the end times Grief Tribulation there is no safe place in the world.
Wrong! Proved by Revelation 12:14, where all the faithful Christians will be kept in a place of safety on earth for the 1260 days of the GT.
But what Jonah and I are referring to is the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, that will last for 3 days, but only affect each nation as they face the sun, two one Day; 12 hour periods. The first day is when everybody will see the approaching mass and will scramble for cover. Isaiah 2:19-21, Rev 6:15

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟84,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Prayer of Jonah:

Victory is the Lords!

Deleted

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟84,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong! Proved by Revelation 12:14, where all the faithful Christians will be in a place of safety on earth for the 1260 days of the GT.
But what Jonah and I are referring to is the terrible Day of the Lord's wrath, that will last for 3 days, but only affect each nation as they face the sun, a one Day; 12 hour period. The first day is when everybody will see the approaching mass and will scramble for cover. Isaiah 2:19-21, Rev 6:15
We agree the church will be protected duringthe tribulation.

Believers are sealed, by the Holy Spirit.
Ephesians 4:30

Revelation 9:4 only those "unsealed" will be harmed.

Revelation 13:9-10 If they desire/try to kill, they will be killed.

"Here Is The Patience And Faith Of The Saints"

Revelation 3:9-11 The Lord Protects the believer, during the final hours.

Isaiah 26:20-21 The Lord directs the church to enter house/chamber for a moment, until the indigination is past. Just like the passover in Egypt.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Prayer of Hannah 1 Samuel 2:1-10

My heart exults in the Lord, in the Lord, I now hold my head high.
I gloat over my enemies, I rejoice because You have saved me.
There is none so holy as the Lord, none so righteous as our God.
Cease your proud boasting, speak no words of arrogance.
For the Lord is a God who knows, He governs what mortals do.

Strong men stand in silent dismay, but those who slipped gain new strength,
Those who had plenty fight for a crust and the poor and needy grow strong.
The Lord metes out both death and life, He can bring the dead up again.

Poverty and riches both come from the Lord, He brings low and He raises up.
He lifts the weak out of the dust and raises the poor from the refuse heap
to give them a place among the great, to give them seats of honour.
The foundations of the earth are His making, The Lord sets the world in its place.

He will guard the way of His loyal servants and the wicked will be silenced in darkness. For it is not by strength that a mortal prevails.

Those who oppose the Lord will be terrified, when from the heavens, He thunders against them, He will judge all the earth, His King [God’s Right hand: Jesus] will be endowed with strength, His head will be raised high.

The Prayer of Mary Luke 1:46-55
My soul tells out the greatness of the Lord, my spirit rejoices in my Saviour.
For He has looked with favour on His servant, lowly as she is.
From this day forward all generations will count me blessed,

for the Mighty God has done great things for me, His Name is holy.
His mercy is sure forever, toward those who fear Him.

He has shown the power of His arm, He routs the proud and all their schemes.
He has brought down monarchs from their thrones and raised on high the lowly.

He has filled the poor and needy with good things and sent the rich away empty.
He has come to help Israel, His servants, as He promised to our forefathers,
He has not forgotten to show mercy to Abraham and his children’s children forever.

The Prayer of Judith Judith 16:13-17

I will sing a new hymn to my God: O Lord, You are great and glorious,
You are marvelous in Your strength, invincible.
Let Your whole creation serve You, for You spoke and all things came to be.
You sent out Your spirit and it gave them form, none can oppose Your Word. Mountains will shake to their depths, like water, rocks melt like wax in Your presence.

You still show compassion to those who fear You.
All sacrifices with their fragrance are but a small thing.
All the fat of the whole offerings is of no significance to You.
But those who fear the Lord will gain strength and overcome.

Woe to the nations who attack Your people, the Lord Almighty will punish them. On the Day of Judgement, He will consign them to fire and worms
In pain, they will weep forever.

These three godly women prayed for God to destroy the ungodly peoples.
We know from the Bible prophets that the Lord will act against all who refuse to acknowledge Him. Isaiah 66:15-17, Romans 1:18, Revelation 6:12-17

Now, nearly 2000 years after Jesus came to show us the Way, the Truth and the Life, we can expect His judgement/punishment to happen quite soon.
We Christians are told to call upon His Name: Jesus, Acts 2:21, on that terrible Day and we will be protected. Isaiah 41:13

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We are supposed to pray that our flight not be in Winter or on the Sabbaoth - that is true
Matthew 24:20 is in the context of the Christian Jews escaping from Jerusalem in 70 AD.
However this may also be an end times prophecy and the fact that Jesus mentioned winter, I see as an indication that soon to happen events may be during the Northern Hemisphere winter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
2 Chronicles 6:36-39 Should Your people sin against You [and who is free of sin?] and should You, in Your anger give them over to enemies, who exile them to lands far and near then, if they have a change of heart and turn to You, saying: We have sinned – then if in the land of their exile, they pray wholeheartedly to their God, looking toward the Land which You gave to their forefathers, from heaven- hear their supplications and maintain their cause. Forgive Your people their sins against You, let Your priests be clothed with salvation and Your loyal servants rejoice in prosperity.

Baruch 3:1-8 Lord almighty, God of Israel, to you the soul in anguish and the fainting spirit cry out. Hear and have mercy, Lord, for we have sinned against you. You are enthroned forever; we are forever passing away. Now Lord almighty, God of Israel, hear the prayer of the men of Israel and of the sons of those who sinned against you. They did not heed the voice of the Lord their God, and so we are in the grip of adversity. Do not call to mind the misdeeds of our forefathers but remember at this time your power and your name, for you are the Lord our God, and we shall praise you, Lord. It is for this that you have put into our hearts the fear of you; to make us call on your name. And we shall praise you in our exile for we have renounced all the wrong doing of our forefathers who sinned against you. Today we are exiled in the lands where you have scattered us to be punished for all the sins of our forefathers, who rebelled against the Lord our God.

Baruch 4: 21-37 Take heart My children. Cry out to God; He will rescue you from the power of your enemies. With mourning and tears, I watched you go, but God will give you back to me, with gladness and joy forever. My children, endure in patience the wrath God has brought on you, but soon you will see your enemies destroyed- soon put your foot on their neck. They that rejoiced at your downfall, will grieve at their own desolation. Jerusalem - look Eastwards and see the joy that is coming to you from God. They come, the sons from whom you were parted, from East and West, they come. Assembling at the word of the Holy one and rejoicing in the Glory of God.
[All the faithful people of God, from every race, nation and language. Revelation 7:9]

Daniel 9:15-19 Now, Lord our God, who brought your people out of Egypt by Your strong hand winning for Yourself a Name that lives on to this day, we have sinned, we have done wrong. Lord by all Your saving deeds, we beg that Your anger and wroth depart from Jerusalem – Your holy city. Listen, our God, to your servants prayer and supplication. For Your own sake, Lord, look favorably on Your Land which lies desolate.
God, incline Your ear and open Your eyes, look upon Your Land and Your people, who bear Your name. Lord hear, Lord forgive, Lord listen and act, for Your own sake, do not delay, we implore you.

Psalms 118:25-29 Lord deliver us, we pray. Lord grant us Your prosperity.
Blessed is He who enters in the name of the Lord, from the Temple of God
The Lord has given us light. You are our God and we praise You.
It is good to give thanks to the Lord, for His love endures forever.

2 Maccabees 1:27-29 Bring together those of Your people who are dispersed, set free those exiled among the heathen. Look favorably on those despised, let the nations know that You are our God. Punish our arrogant and insolent oppressors and, as promised by Moses, plant Your people in Your holy Land.

Isaiah 25:9 On the Day of their deliverance, the people will say; See – this is our God, we have waited for Him and He will deliver us. This is the Lord for whom we have waited. Let us rejoice and exult in His deliverance. Reference: Revised English Bible and Apocrypha.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Prayer of Azariah:

This prayer is an addition to the Greek version of the Book of Daniel. It is inserted in chapter 3 between verses 23 and 24. Azariah, the Hebrew name of Shadrach, with his friends, Meshach and Abednego, were thrown into the fiery furnace because they refused to bow down to Nebuchadnezzar’s golden image.

The prayer of Azariah 1:2-23
They walked in the midst of the fire, praising God. Azariah stood among the flames and began to pray aloud: Blessed are You and worthy of praise, Y’hovah, the God of our fathers, Your Name is glorious forever. Just is the sentence in all that You have brought on Your people and upon Jerusalem, the holy city of our ancestors, true and just is the sentence You have passed on us because of our sins. We had broken Your Laws in rebellion, we did not heed Your Commandments, we failed to do what You had given us for our own good. Now You have handed us over to our enemies, those wicked peoples and so we are reduced to silence, shame and disgrace has befallen Your people.

For the sake of Your honour do not abandon us forever, do not annul Your Covenant. Do not withdraw Your mercy from us, for the sake of Abraham; Your friend, for the sake of Isaac; Your servant and for Israel; Your holy one. You promised them that their descendants would be as numerous as sand on the seashore. Yet, Lord, we are all now in exile, for our sins we are brought low. Now we have no ruler, no prophet, there is no place we can make offerings to obtain mercy. But because we come with a contrite heart and a humbled spirit, may we be accepted? As though we come with thousands of whole offerings, let this sacrifice be made before You this Day: that we will obey You in everything, for no shame will come to those who put their trust in You. We will now follow You with our whole heart and in fear seek Your Presence. Do not put us to shame, but deal with us in Your forbearance and great mercy. Y’hovah, Creator of all things, deliver us and let Your Name be glorified.

May all who harm Your servants be brought low, let them be stripped of all power and sovereignty and may their strength be crushed. Let them know that You alone are the Lord God, glorious over all the earth. Ref: REB Apocrypha

The three friends said to King Nebuchadnezzar:
Daniel 3:17 If there is a God who is able to save us from the blazing furnace; it is our God, whom we serve, He will deliver us.

Now, as we near the end of the decreed exile of the House of Israel, the Lord will once again take action in His creation, with the many prophesied judgement of fire, that will destroy His enemies. But to those who call on His Name, who have a contrite heart and a humble spirit, those who put their trust in God, then when the terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath strikes the earth with ‘blazing heat and consuming fire’, then this prayer would be one to pray with fervent sincerity.
Zephaniah 2:3, Isaiah 43:2, 1 Peter 1:5,

Upvote 0