United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi, brothers and sisters,

As some of you know, I'm going through a divorce, and it's been a tough, rocky road throughout many years of my marriage, and terribly difficult these past several months in separation, but needed separation. Many may not want to hear this, but my sons and I are abuse survivors (of everything but physical abuse...although my oldest son received a small bit of that too), especially my oldest son and I. It's been very painful realizing what we'd been through, and being a SAHM for 21 years, I spent all my time supporting my husband, moving with him in every military move and moves after that, as well as taking care of our sons, one of whom was/is special needs--he's a brain tumor survivor.

So, I'm in a very disadvantaged spot where I must try and go back out in the workplace while working on courses to bring me up to date skill-wise.

One of the largest obstacles we face now is trying to find a place to live. A simple apartment. Please pray an affordable apartment will become available by next month that allows cats. And prayers for my sons and I, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks so much. I greatly appreciate your prayers.

**Edited to take out some of the more personal and painful portions of this.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2011
Home
Visit site
✟234,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.
I recalled some old posts of yours about your husband (Troy, I believe?) considering preparing for ordination. Which to me makes your current situation all the more grievous. Again, I'm so sorry and will triple down in prayer. Lord have mercy.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Dorothea
Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I recalled some old posts of yours about your husband (Troy, I believe?) considering preparing for ordination. Which to me makes your current situation all the more grievous. Again, I'm so sorry and will triple down in prayer. Lord have mercy.
Thank you. I'm grateful for yours and everyone's prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lord have mercy!
My brother went through something similar, except of course the roles were reversed.
Sorry to read your brother went through something similar. :( Thanks for your prayers.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, Dot, you have Reader Joseph’s prayers, that’s for sure! I’m so sorry you’ve had to deal with this nonsense. God bless you and your boys! We here at TAW love ya!:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0